It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 368
<< 365  366  367    369  370  371 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Tsu, what a wonderful entry! Awesome!!!!!

Hiya Syx and whoever is hanging around!!!!!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I agree with ya on the nomination thing.

It may create undo pressure.

I can go brain dead for a year writing wise, and then all of a sudden. BAM! It's a spurt of creative energy.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I agree with ya on the nomination thing.

It may create undo pressure.

I can go brain dead for a year writing wise, and then all of a sudden. BAM! It's a spurt of creative energy.

Thanks Dawg. I think some others will feel the same. I used to do this kind of thing on a writers site and you always had to be on your toes. It was quite a challenge. Usually I was quite inspired and could come up with something, but sometimes someone would throw us for a loop with something wild and we'd be like...what???? LOL You could tell others weren't sure how to respond and would hesitate to post. LOL

One thing that worked out well was that we were only allowed to play our own characters. We could inter-react with all other players, but could only play our own character in the story. Some of those stories were epic! We were quite proud.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Good plan!

It's nice to have a plan! For those moments when going balls out and just saying "screw plans, plans are for gonadatrophicaly challenged persons!", just will not work, you cannot beat them!

As for the Eurovision blather of a few pages back, I missed all the "excitement" of the Eurovision, because I was cloistered with my local metal heads at a metal night, in the basement of a local pub. The basement also has a bar!

@ Jane and Syx...

Lordi were fun, but their best track was Blood Red Sandman, and was much better than their Eurovision entry. And Syx... Vader dude... Vader... heavy!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

We could even introduce a "nomination" system? Where whoever writes a chapter then nominates a writer for the next??
The nominee can then accept (and write a chapter) or decline and nominate someone else instead??

I vote NOT to nominate. When it comes to writers and creativity, one minute you are highly inspired and the next, you're wondering what on earth you could possibly say. LOL I say let it flow from whoever, whenever.

Yawning all!
I agree with Night too...writing has to flow.
I like True's idea about launching the pirate ship, and going with Nights use of the word flow here, how about something along the lines of The River Trip....bit Swallows and Amazons and Three Men in a Boat......but heck we can do our grand tour of real and made up places, and get up to all sorts of mischief and trouble when we drop anchor....the dropping anchor bit when somebody wants to take the writing helm so to speak.

OK, only had 5 mouthfuls of my morning brew....sorry if that didn't make much sense.
I've also got to get my solicitors head on today,
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Story segment alert, also known as the Here Goes Nothing protocol, is in effect... Commencing in five...
Four...
Three...
Two...
One...

"No slippers eh? I can work with this" said True, his beard wafting around as he muttered to himself. He reached Inside his backpack, withdrawing combat boots, the perfect accompaniment to his jacket and tie. The sound of rapidly tied laces was heard, and when the sound was over a further utterance " Back in Black! Hell Yeah!".

Upon reaching a level of satisfaction with his footwear, True reached into the space between realities, shaping a conduit from his location in the Sheddiverse, into the world of fools and tyrants, and snatched from it his bass guitar.

Seeing Syx off on his merry travels, True shouted up "Hey Syx! Just so you know, it could get a little busy in the air for a bit! I need practice!". Receiving a nod and a wink from Syx, True proceeded out toward the edge of the woods, and knelt down before their borders. He placed his hand against the ground, and as he pulled his palm away, a tendril of vine rose up, following his hand. He placed his hand over the jack port on his bass, and the vine made its way into the instrument. As it connected, there was a low thud, which issued from every tree, followed by a white noise, at a very low volume.

He was about to place his fingers against the strings, when he caught sight of a small group of pixies, floating bemusedly around at the edge of the forest.

"Oh! I am dreadfully sorry to have disturbed you! Hark though, for I bring tidings that this little woodland will soon be overcome with such a dread noise, that you shall think the end is nigh. Don't worry though little ones! It never is! People always think it's the end of the world, but do not fear! This time, it will just be me!"

He heard a faint, high pitched sound in response, and strode closer to the group.

"Tsu? Is that you? Why, you are barely an inch tall! Oh! Oh! I just had a great idea! Can you help me out with something? Get your pixie friends to sit at the top of the tall tree, and then meet me over here!" He said, gesticulating toward a mound ten feet away. "Drat, either too tall, or too small!" He said under his breath as he observed Tsu floating away to organise the pixies.

When she returned, True said "You and your little chums are going to love this... But I thought it might be cool, if you and I did a duet...would you mind?" he asked. At this, Tsu flitted and swooped, and then landed upon the neck of True's bass.

True placed his fingers against the strings, and the fingers on his rhythm hand begun to move, and for every strike against a string that Tsu was on, a wonderful treble note issued forth, along with the original note of the string. The vine lead transmitted the sound through the ground and into the trees, at which they began to move up and down vigorously, like the indicators on a graphic equaliser! The trees had actually become the amplifiers ! The music thrummed amongst all the things in the Sheddiverse.

Tsu danced a merry dance across the strings, feet a blur as she provided a counterpoint to True's furious fretwork, a beautiful melody to carry the terrifying thunder he was providing. Tsu waved at True while busily dancing away, and True lifted the neck to allow Tsu close to his ear, the better to hear her. "So THIS is what you meant by ball crushing inensity!?" She shouted.

"Yes Tsu...this is exactly what I meant!", he replied, as the Sheddites came out to see what all the fuss was about. The pixie sized Tsu, and the furry True, played, and everyone danced, and everything, from the smallest plant, to the largest tree, and all the things that lived between enjoyed every minute!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Looks like the general Shed 'intermission' is over and the writing is again flowing! Woohoo!!!!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I could not help but be inspired to write that! The potential for pixie string dancing was far too good to pass up!

Also, astute members will note the paraphrasing of the Mad Hatter, if they choose to look for it!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Good Morning Bud, and Bravo!! This is what I'm talking about!! After Tsu's addition to mine yesterday lifting my Spirits, I wake to your Fabulous Rendition!! Awesome Work True! Truly Awesome!!!

I felt a little bad for having to post what I did about the writing having stopped in here, but now am Glad I did write my post, of wanting to see some more happenings at The Shed. The Main Story was the draw for me to get here, but the additions from You guys, and all the Friendliness, hooks for me to stay.

Great to see some more Creativity Flowing!!! Way To Rock The Forest True!!!

Dragons Roar to YOU!!!!!!

Good Morning, Good AfterNoon, and Good Evening to My Fellow Shedders in Their particular Part of the World!!!!!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Good day Syx!

I am glad you approve of my contribution to the ongoing story. I think however, that it is necessary for me to point something out about the creative process, and why it might seem as if there are lulls in productivity with regard to the story and its continuing creation from various sources.

The creative mind operates very differently depending on the psychological construction of the author involved, and when a collaberative project such as this comes into existence, it does so with so many different influences, styles, and methods going into it, that to establish a set time table for new content is not really a realistic idea.

The reason for this is simple. When I write poetry, the process tree works like this:

Inspiration>Creation>Completion.

It is a very small process tree, when you break it down. This is why I prefer writing poetry in the main, because once inspired to do so, it literally falls out of me, like blood from a cut throat, or flour from a damaged packet. Gravity itself draws words from mind to keyboard, to someone elses screen half a world away. Writing of the sort we are about in here however, is not usually so simple in process. That is why I am a sporadic contributor to this tale, because it is only on the rarest of occasions, that I will find myself inspired to create something in a non-poetic form, that flows in the same way.

Again, what I wrote in here today fell off my fingers like rain. When one has that inspiration, one must of course seize it and take the opportunity to utilise that feeling. But you cannot force it, and if one tried to, the results might bring down the overall quality of what has come before, and that would be dreadful, especially when I know how much effort everyone puts in when the fancy takes them. Writing is best when one feels the need to do so after all!

Everyone has a different creative process, and for that reason, one cannot expect or hope that regular updates will be forthcoming. What one can hope for, is that everyone who has something they could contribute, does so, and I think that by and large, that is what is going on in here! Everyone also has lives to live in amongst Shedding, so I can understand an appreciate the space it takes to create, and not everyone can be in that place as much as they would like! I know I cannot!

It is what it is, and what it is, is wonderful!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

True, I am no Writer by any means, but I can understand where You are coming from as far as the Creative Writing Process goes. When I do my additions here, most do not tie in with someone elses Write-In. A bit yah, but mostly I feel my contributions may help keep a 'Feel' for what is going on in The Shed. Adds to a continuing Fantasy Atmosphere, so to speak.

As stated previously, I think, I did not really want to Push anyones buttons, in a bad way. I was merely bringing forth some truths as to how I felt about the Story here. I realize Real Life takes over, most of the time actually, but wanted to Re-Light the Fires that were Burning a while back.

I feel that has happened!! So in my own roundabout way, my flow of emotion on all this caught some of You Guys midstream, and has now made the River even Stronger!!!

I'm currently only on page 16 or so going back to grab all the Jacy Story elements, and adding in all of Our Additions, so I can " Have It ALL"!!! Doing a copy paste in a NoteBook File to share with friends, and of course, any of You guys that want it all............

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Oh wow, I remember now seeing, fairly recently I believe that Gordy has all the Story elements? Does this include the Add-ins from The Characters as well??? Anyone know??? Thanx..........

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Oh wow, I remember now seeing, fairly recently I believe that Gordy has all the Story elements? Does this include the Add-ins from The Characters as well??? Anyone know??? Thanx..........

Hi Syx,
I have all of the main story elements which Jacy authored, but I gave up on trying to pull together all of the other additions from everyone else. They stretch way back into previous threads, well over 400 pages, and many of the events (mostly the introduction "how I found the shed" type of parts) are also included or touched upon, in the main shed story.
I did post the full shed story so far IN the thread a few pages back, around when CC joined in I think?? so that anyone new to the shed could catch up in one big read.

Maybe check the date on CC's first post? Then check my own posts around that date??
I'm fairly sure that it was around that time I posted it.

Or I can email it to you if you PM me your email addy?
cheers
G

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Hey Syx - I found my post with the full story so far on it...
LINK HERE

cheers!

G

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hey Bud! I do think you posted The Story a little before CC joined. When I thought a little back of grabbing all the add-ins, I had tons. Lost it all on my older hardrive when it crashed for good. Sucked! LOL!!
It looked like to me the add-ins had just started near the beginning of This Thread. Tsu I believe had the first, and it looked like Jacy was thrilled that additions were coming in. SO the Add-ins actually started, somewhere else here at ATS?
I am fitting in add-ins as the Main Story progresses, and Jacy Gives Her Main Story here, and as the additions come in. Ya know? I'm still trying to wake up properly here as I got up way too early! LOL!!! Thought it would be a Kool version......
U2U sending momentarily... Thanx Gordy!!

EDIT: Thanx for the Link !!!
edit on 12-5-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

Edit 2; Page 40. Damn Gordy those Sausage Rolls look DeeLish!!! Thanx, Man now I'm hungry..Will return soon. LOL!!!!!
edit on 12-5-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Oh! A collection of all our story segments is a wonderful idea!

As far as being a writer... Hey, I am a locksmith with delusions of word smithery, and little else besides! Just because my mini profile has the word writer in it, means very little in the wider scheme of things

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

GORDI!

How are you today good sir? Anything of note happening up north of the wall?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Man you can stitch together some of the Finest Sentences I've ever read True! Your Elaborate Flow of Words is some of The Finest Eye Candy I've ever ingested!!! In This Shed Realm as well as other post/comments I've read elsewhere here at ATS.
You should consider YourSelf a WordSmith as well as a LockSmith my Friend!!!

ANd Yah, I thought it would be kool to place the additions of Ours into the Main Story as they came in. Adds more to the overall............

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

GORDI!

How are you today good sir? Anything of note happening up north of the wall?

Hi Truebro!

I am well.(-ish!!) LOL
The weather is not. (You'd Love It!)
Time for a wee Scottish rant methinks!

Jings crivvens helpmaboab! Thay bloomin clowds huvnae liftet furra meenit aw daynoo!
Am hert seek'o it, the gerdin's lookin' lukka swummin' pool wi' ducks innaw, intae thuh bargin.
Ma washin's hingin' lik a drookit mungrel or a droont rat.
Ah cannie hear masel' think furr thuh rain peltin oan ma servatry roof and stoatin affra windaes innaw.
Ken whitta mean? It'd drive ye aff yer rocker so it wid! (Iffa wiznae already there!!)

ahh, that's better.
How's things in your weck of the noods?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Lol Gordy. Love yer native tongue. (Ummm, NO Not that way so Don't even!!!! LOL!!!!!)

new topics

top topics

<< 365  366  367    369  370  371 >>

join