It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 366
<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I vote Yes. Post it.

I think some of us were leery of continuing the story, (even though we did from time to time) for fear of getting the thread closed due to the early phase of it's origins.

But like a Phoenix...it somehow survived and even thrived.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I forgot to mention some of the animals on display...

These are the rarely-seen "Lesser Spotted Callum and Dougie"! Common name - Mini Me!
(With some visiting deer watching them through the boy's enclosure fencing!!! LOL)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Gordy Kool Pix! That's not a UFO, It's ME!!!
I was out Flyin around makin sure You over there are ok and all, and ya got lucky with the cam!!
CHEESE!!!!!! LOL!!!!
EDIT: Do ya need a permit for the Lesser Spotted Species? Or is it pretty laxed as far as that's concerned???!! LOL!!!

edit on 11-5-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
I forgot to mention some of the animals on display...

These are the rarely-seen "Lesser Spotted Callum and Dougie"! Common name - Mini Me!
(With some visiting deer watching them through the boy's enclosure fencing!!! LOL)

Please Deers...Don't feed the animals!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I do actually have one permit thing... says somethin' about marriage or some such?
Not sure if that applies?? LOL

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Will do. My phone isn't interwebz friendly, but my buds phone is.

I'm part geek and part luddite.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Syx....
I'm so sorry that I stopped writing the story.
Things in my personal life changed a bit, and the added stress made it hard for me to get back into that 'happy place'.

I'm sad that I stopped too.
I have been looking after my partner's mother, who is 87 with Alzheimer's. She has been getting worse, and my responsibilities with her have increased. It also stresses me right out, to be honest.
She calls constantly through the day, angry...upset...confused.
I give her a lot of love, companionship...make her dinner...rub her feet....but my mind is in so many different places that I can't seem to return to our fantasy-land story.

Trust me...no one is missing it as much as I am. Writing it was something I enjoyed SO very much!
I am hoping that we can get it going again, and am grateful to Gordi for writing a wonderful section that takes us from MY writing to HIS. I still want to participate....I guess it's a bit of writer's block?

We will get it back, I promise.
Thank you for caring!
jacy

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Well said [[[[Jacy]]]]!

After the wee link chapter, I'm hoping that the story will tend to move on to more "made-up" fantasy-adventure type stuff, so I am hoping that EVERYONE will be able to contribute, without necessarily being constrained by the actual happenings in and around the thread? (Although some happenings in the thread could and probably should still feature?)

We'll all have the chance to let imagination run free!! LOL

We could even introduce a "nomination" system? Where whoever writes a chapter then nominates a writer for the next??
The nominee can then accept (and write a chapter) or decline and nominate someone else instead??

What do you guys all think??

Jacy - should I post the wee link chapter now? And save the new Loop part for the next thread?

OOOOOoohhhhhhh!!!!!!! I NEARLY FORGOT!!!!!

GUESS WHO I MET at the Dean Castle Today??????
SON OF SPORKY!!!!!
In the Flesh! AND SPARKLY BRIGHT Chrome!! (Made out of old car parts!! (Mostly Bumpers!!))
Cool as a very cool thing.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Son of Sporky? Oh geez....isn't he magnificent? (rofl)

Thank you, by the way.
I'm wondering if we should start the next thread with your 'link' chapter, and then go straight into the next section that you wrote?
That way, the story will be at the beginning again...and maybe it will inspire us all to get writing...?

I love our chit-chat, I really do. I've also been needing it....the social aspect, the humour...the pics and videos...it's all helping me feel less alone in this big world.
However you want to do it is fine. This isn't MY baby, it's all of OUR baby, lol....

I just don't think we can go wrong, no matter how we continue on. The Shed has come alive...long live The Shed!!
jacy

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

LOL -Cool!

I just hope that you are doing OK?
I honestly hadn't realised just how much work that you had put into the story, until I tried to pull it all together under one document!
Jeeeeze!!! That in itself was a task and a half!!! So, I have NO IDEA how you managed to pull all of the individual elements and characters and threads of the story together in the first place??? Amazing work, just amazing!

OK, how's about this then?
To keep things rolling along... Everyone feel free to add their own "spin-off" stories in the mean-time...
Like:
"The beautiful dance that he had just witnessed reminded him of that special time down in Birmingham, where he had met the lovely girl with the quirky smile. Her eyes sparkled as she gently placed his 3rd Big Mac Meal of the evening on the counter-top in front of his ample bellies... Their eyes met...just for a second... as she softly whispered... "you want soss with that?" and his heart leapt with the tingle of anticipation that only a fresh new love and large fries can bring..."

and we'll decide in due course whether to finish off this thread with the wee link... or to start the next one with the wee link?

How does that sound?

Oh, and we need to find a name for Son of Sporky.... I seem to have... ahem, "accidentally" brought him home with me.....

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Oh geez...sod off! I'm laughing crying here....sonuvabeach you're funny!

Umm, thank you for such lovely compliments...made me blush a little....
Writing The Shed just came so easy...everyone was inspiring me with what they were writing...everyone was my muse, lol. For a while it was all I could think about....would suddenly just sit and write 'the next bit'.
Then, life changed and I had to keep my thoughts on 'real life'...and I lost my happy place.
Just couldn't find enough peaceful time to get myself back there.

Whatever direction this takes, I'm good with...as long as it continues. I think it will evolve exactly as it's meant to.

As for Son of Sporky...ahem....any name ideas rattling around in YOUR head? Any that you can actually tell me without breaking t&c's?.....

jacy

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Bumper?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Pretty sure there's a Party goin on in The Shed, but here I am Soaring High over head looking for Danger. No Ogres in sight! I don't mind not being inside as I love The Night Air! The cool temps at night after a long hot day are soothing to the scales.

Time to Fly Off on another hopefully adventurous Flight!!!

What do my wandering eyes see, but a Polar Bear? Why would this majestic Creature be so far from it's native lands? It is about a mile and a half away from the magical woods, home of The Shed.

It seems to be batting at , nothing, in the air? I must further investigate......

Banking down towards the beast, I now see that it is swatting at pixies. What mischief are they up to? They seem to be leading the Bear towards the woods? Maybe they are trying to help it find it's true destiny!

There are 5 or 6 Little winged mischief makers there all swarming around the Bear. I do hope none of them are harmed, but I'm sure they know what They are doing!

Yes it does seem they are heading the White Bear towards the woods. My, but won't it be surprised when it arrives and finds out what is going on there!

The smell of the Sea is strong tonight. Hmmm, maybe I will head off towards the ocean and let the Pixies do their thing here. A meal of Shark seems like a good idea to me!

A few heavy downward flaps of my wings and I am now higher in the air and heading out to sea.
Herds of Antelope graze the fields. Dozens of Mountain goats wander over the highlands and onto the mountains. Such a sight from the air!
A Glorious Full Moon lights the sky and land below. Beautiful......

A hundred miles or so from The Shed I spy a small tribe of Ogres roasting something on an open fire. Smells like Bacon!! Must have caught some wild Boars for their meal tonight. They are no threat to the Shed Dwellers so I will leave them be......

After an hour in the air, I am finally nearing the shores of the North Sea. Looks like some sand sharks are prowling the shallow waters of the shoreline.

I laugh to myself at how easy this will be to snatch a few of those for my meal. Perhaps I should try to bring some back for the other Dragons?

Maybe some there need to board the Dragons and give them some real exercise? For me To Share in on a Flight to the Sea with more Dragons would be Grand! Perhaps I can mention it upon my return......

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
"Uurghh, I need coffee!" groaned Tsu as she awoke to the flapping noises outside the entrance to the cave. It was Syx on his way to the Shed, looking all bright eyed and scaley tailed.

"Hi Tsu!" Syx shouted from the darkening sky. "I'm just heading home to check on everyone. Where have you been?!"

"Hiya Syx! I'm, um, resting?" offered Tsu through a mouth that felt like a thousand arid winds. "I'll be back soon, just let me have my first coffee of the evening and I will meet you back home, I set my bedside alarm for Party Day so I wouldn't oversleep."

"No worries" yelled Syx as he circled overhead. "See ya later!" Light, glittery dust fell from the Heavens and caused Tsu to sneeze. "Hey! Enough with the chemtrails already!" but he was already gone.

_____

Within the hour the pixie dust had kicked in and Tsu was no more than an inch tall. Hovering in mid air the small group of pixies laughed and shared stories of the mischief they had caused over the last few days.

"Well, I should be the one to win the acorn this week," shrieked a wicked looking rascal. "I tied Gordi's laces to Night Stars laces under the table!"

"Ha! That's nothing!" squealed the smallest of the gang, "I put True's bunny slippers where Cody keeps his work boots. He'll be home soon, then we'll see who wins the acorn!"

Just then Cody rounded the corner, soaking wet and muttering obscenities under his breath. "Bloody car!" he ranted as he shuffled along, dripping.

"Nice slip...ACK!" came the noise just within the woods. Snickering and catching their breath the pixies regrouped.

"Oh, that was fun," grinned Tsu, "But that's nothing! Last week, when everyone was asleep I switched the coffee beans that Fossi had ground with decaff, heheh..."

"YOU DID WHAT???!!!" cried the pixies with utter disbelief on their faces, disgust shortly following.

"Have you no boundaries woman? We are mischeivious, yes, but you...you...YOU'RE HEINOUS! Who could ever do such a thing!"

"But...but...but, the acorn! I was only..."

Crunch. They looked up in unison. Crunch, again the noise came from just within the clearing. Crunch...

"SSH!" someone whispered. "It's a bear!"

Sure enough it was a bear. Glorious and magnificent, but looking rather lost.

"YAY!" shouted the pixies in unison as Dawg sauntered past with a 'Free hug' sign taped to his back, Homer was with him too, only his sign said 'Abduct Me'.

"Someone new to pick on! WOOHOO!"

"Maybe we shouldn't," asserted the chief mischief maker. "Lets give her a chance to settle in, she looks like she had a tough journey to arrive here."

"Humph, I spose..." muttered Tsu dejectedly. "Couldn't we just pull her ta..."

"NO!" They chorused.

"Goddamnit, you guys can be as bad as the ogres sometimes, you know that?" Sulked Tsu in a strop.

"Hey CC! Over here! Follow us!" they called out.

"Huh?" mused CC. "How do you know my name? Where are you?"

"We are here! All around you, look up!"

CC's eyes widened in amazement at the flickering lights all around, darting too and fro like fireflies. Together they soared down to hug the confused, but friendly looking new arrival.

"Welcome home!" they sang, although not in time with each other, and most definitely not in tune.

With that Jaky sprung from the door. "CC! Welcome home! I hope the pixies didn't give you to much grief. Come in and meet everyone else." Just as Jaky turned to the door her skirt fell to the ground and lay in a pool around her ankles.

"Bugger! quipped Tsu, "She thought to wear tights! Next time, definitely next time...Where did all these helpful men come from?"

Faint music could be heard trickling out from the open door, the last few bars of a medieval piece.

"Quick! You're late!" shouted an excited looking woman in a jesters hat that was a Rainbow hat when last she checked the mirror. "The next dance is starting shortly!"

"Oh dear!" stuttered the bear with a startled expression. "What on Earth have I got myself into?!"

With that 'I have a song that will get on your nerves' blasted out from the speakers.

"It was Doc! I'm sure it was!" smirked Tsu as everyone turned to glare.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

I *curtsy* in your direction.
Or, in the words of the great movie, "Wayne's World"......"I'm not worthy!"

THAT was amazing!
Following Syx's story into yours....brilliant! He will be so happy....it sure made me happy!
Fabulous awesome writing! I'm truly impressed.
Truly. That much research must have taken some time.

At a loss for words,
jaky

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

How about.... SPIKE? In honour of the fine row of spines on his back. (Spikey McShimmermist on Sundays!)

He's a good lookin' boy! (Wonder who the mom is??? SPORKY - Fess Up!!! LOL)

@Tsu - NICE ONE!!! Lovin' yer work gal!! LOL

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Hehe, Iv've been writing all afternoon.

Poor Syx needed a fix, so did I really lol.

It's nowhere near as good as yours though, it is still me curtsying to you!

Mine is just fanfiction.

HEHE, it's a quarter past midnight hear and I've only just finished my last coffee! I'm going to regret this in the morning!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Gordi...Spike and Sporky? I just love that. Jane said "Bumper" and I liked that one too...but Spike is personal to me, a fictional Chihuahua that I made up, lol...his brother was "Spud". Sooo...Spike and Sporky....feels familiar to me!

Tsu...Holy crap! Fan-fiction my R's!!!
Anyone that makes me laugh like that is FUNNY!
Everyone who has written here....is talented beyond my comprehension.
Syx....it just flows out of him...likely doesn't take much time. Every reply is full of emotion and animation...everybody has a personal style.

I will see your curtsy, and raise you....a bow! (and a tipping of the hat)
jaky

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ohhh I nearly forgot AGAIN!!!!
Just down the road from Kilmarnock (Where son of Sporky lived!) is Irvine.
And guess who guards Irvine Beach from sea-ogres and the likes??
THIS BIG GUY!!
Isn't he Handsome??

He sits atop a grassy hill, looking out to sea, and you can sit on a wee ledge/bench thing inside his coils!!

But I couldn't bring him home..... 'cause he's a wee bit.... BIG!!! and HEAVY!!

PS - I think that he may be from the dragon clan "Ulike"
'Cause his new name might just be.... Spud! - courtesy of Jacy!
(Spud-U-like?? no???? LOL)
OK - I'll get me coat!
Time for my bed anyway!

Goodnight everyone! Sweet Dreams.
Geester!
edit on 11-5-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
How lucky am I to have all these RL dragons near by?
G'Night All.
Gx

top topics

<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join