It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 357
<< 354  355  356    358  359  360 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wrote down Jane and Syx's name suggestions. Someone had made a suggestion pages ago and I don't remember who or what the name was. Sorry, have been busy and had a lot on my mind lately. Come forth and make your suggestion again please.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why is it 400 pages anyhow? I've obviously missed something

Some threads on here are waaaay past 400 pages long. Is it just the 'section' we are under???.......we would all be 'sectioned' anyhow...which is besides the point

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Jane that was a good one! I am familiar with Benny Hill as I grew up watchin him over here along with Monty Python and The Goodies! LOL!

Night and ALl, CC has left the room. She has some things to do here. She was gonna let ya all know, but her PC crashed. go figure! LOL!!!
night, CC says "Yah, where is our Castle?" Lol!!
Hell I'd be happy with some cash. That way maybe we can at least pay for internet this month. The way it sits, we'll prob get booted offline in a day or two.

So if we go dark, that's why......

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You are never a downer Night Star!

I am glad I asked. Obviously, I am sorry to hear that you are concerned on so many fronts, for so many of your family members, and your own circumstances to boot. Nothing is ever as easy as it ought to be, and I am so sorry to hear that everything in your life is becoming complicated at once, and I hope that all the matters with which you are consumed resolve themselves in an acceptable manner!

I asked, because I give a crap. I am glad to know you Night Star, and so I am glad to have asked!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The Galleon.

Pirate themed (obviously with brightly coloured pantaloons!)!

That was my original suggestion.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Guys, I'm outta here, till hopefully gettin back on later. I too have some things to take care of. Best Wishes for ALL !

See Ya's !!!!

edit on 8-5-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Hi CC!

I'm from Newport in Wales.

Our biggest claim to historical fame is the 'Newport Rising' of the 1830's. It was when the peasants challenged parliament and rioted to get a vote for all men over 21 so that it would not be just the wealthy that had a vote.

The battle happened at Westgate hotel where a lot of rioters were held hostage. The people didn't win the battle but it was a step in the right direction.

The hotel still stands today in our city center...

We had a muriel dedicated to them but it was ripped down a few years ago by, yes you guessed it, the government! They turned up with machines in the middle of the night without any warning. This is the muriel before they got their grubby paws on it...

We do have the ruins of a castle but it is crumbling and was fenced off to the public about 10 years ago. It's where I used to hang around when I was a teenager.

It sits on the banks of the river Usk which is the river that the Romans used to get to their settlement in Caerleon.

We also have a connection to the Morgan family (Captain Morgan rum). The family used to live in a stately home called Tradegar House which now belongs to the British people. Although these days the area is better known for rough council estates and business estates.

Newport became a thriving town when Welsh coal was in demand all around the world. It was mined from the valley towns (where I live now) and shipped out from the docks. It has existed as a port town since medieval times.

We have one of seven (?) of the worlds only transporter bridges

We were home to the legendary 'Seco's' otherwise known as TJ's where Kurt Kobain proposed to Courtney Love. Many famous rock/punk bands have played there including Green day, Skunk Anansie and The Vandals.

To everyone - I think we should have a world atlas with pins over the places we live.

Massive hugs to everyone!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Why is it 400 pages anyhow? I've obviously missed something

Some threads on here are waaaay past 400 pages long. Is it just the 'section' we are under???.......we would all be 'sectioned' anyhow...which is besides the point

Rainbows
Jane

Back when they closed our original thread, I don't know if it was posted somewhere by a mod or in a private message. They normally don't like to see more than 400 pages in these types of thread. I would rather be prepared than to waltz in some day and find we all went flitpoof! LOL

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

You are never a downer Night Star!

I am glad I asked. Obviously, I am sorry to hear that you are concerned on so many fronts, for so many of your family members, and your own circumstances to boot. Nothing is ever as easy as it ought to be, and I am so sorry to hear that everything in your life is becoming complicated at once, and I hope that all the matters with which you are consumed resolve themselves in an acceptable manner!

I asked, because I give a crap. I am glad to know you Night Star, and so I am glad to have asked!

Noted your suggestion for our new thread. How could I forget that one? I remember laughing at the brightly colored pantaloons. LOL

Thank you for being such a wonderful and supportive friend to me Sweetie. It means a lot to me!!! I'm so glad to have met you

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Agreed!

@Tsu....nice post....I didn't realise there was so much history around Porthnewydd!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nice pics and interesting history Tsu! We have a Newport Rhode island.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hiya Jane! Hiya Night!

OMG! I forgot the most important bit! We has our very own feme choon!

I bawl like a baby every time I hear it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Hey Night. I live on a fixed income as well, but do what I can for others like you. It's better than doing nothing.

Medical and auto repair bills can be a crusher at times. That's why I always tell the youngins' to Save, save, and then save some more. But they never listen. It befuddles me why some people can't learn from others mistakes.

I'm praying that everything turns out right for you and yours.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

I'm not in Cleveland, but close enough.

Now some of y'all can get a sense of my dark humor at times.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Resent research (published this week) in the UK has shown every household in the UK has an average of £1,000 in unnecessary/unused/ needles 'stuff' in their homes. I don't know how much that is in dollars. Since the beginning of the year I have already made that much just by clearing out my stuff......just saying as an idea ...it kept my car on the road, gave me some dosh to do stuff like getting up to The Gathering and other bits and bobs.

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 8-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Give or take a bit...but it's about $750.00. I should have invested in the Pound back in the day.

Oh well...to late.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hiya Dawg!

ROFL at that video! 'We see the Sun at least three times a year'.

Haha, Cleveland should be twinned with Newport.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: angelchemuel

Give or take a bit...but it's about $750.00. I should have invested in the Pound back in the day.

Oh well...to late.

Dawgbro - I think that you maybe got the exchange rate round the wrong way!
1000 UK pounds is equal to about $1700.
kindest regards
G

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Yep...you're right.

That's my financial retardation showing it's ugly head.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Now doesn't that sound better for our family over the Pond!

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 354  355  356    358  359  360 >>

join