It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 354
<< 351  352  353    355  356  357 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

WOW True Brit..i am right now just so WOW...you have these kings and queens..Henry the 8 and his wifes..i am so so into that time..i so love watching movies on Kings and Queens..you got even castles too..OMG...i am just so in wow land right now..i have read about that area i dont know alot but know some..i dont think i can now watch those movies with out thinking of you living there..waiting for a photo bomb of you in the back ground...lol..i watch them alot one of my great grandpas not sure how many greats he was..it was back in 686 a guy named Charles Martel...this might be why i am so in to that part of history..i just so love it..i know he is not from your area he was from Herstal, Belgium died in Quierzy, France but still...i havent read to much on him either just know that a uncle gave my some family tree info and he was in it...thanks so much for letting me know..now to do some research on it more...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

WOW you too Cody..you live in a place i so love...the history there is just so cool..well some of it..i love all the castles and things like that..man one of these days i have to get there..it is on my to do list...lol..i want to take pictures of so many things there..can i am just so floored by all this..WOW...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

We have a place called the priory

Link

But in the sixteenth century it was again connected with an important historical event, when on 23 May 1533, in the Lady Chapel of the conventual church at Dunstable, Archbishop Cranmer together with and the bishops of Winchester, London, Bath and Lincoln pronounced the marriage between Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon to be null and void.

The main crossroads is called Eleanor's Cross

You might find this interesting

Cody

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Thats the great thing about living in Britain, about having history here. This island has some truely ancient settlements, much older than my hometown. There is so much history here that you can easily become lost in it if you are not careful.

The interesting thing is that archeologists and the like are constantly finding older and older material and evidence here. The oldest settlement in the UK, has been inhabited, on and off, for 13,000 years or so. That ought to place a little perspective on things!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How rude of me

My apologies guys, a very good day to you all.

It's been a back breaking day in Codyland, all heavy lifting and grunting competitions, with the odd "I'm too old for this" thrown in for good measure.

A tiring but rewarding day having wasted the first couple of hours building the stuff. Management PFFFFT

Hoping all is well

Cody

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
thanks to TrueBit and Cody...so love learning new things..hope you both have a great day...getting a plan ticket i am on my way.oh i guess i will bring syx with me..as i dont do to good a lone....LOL.
edit on 8-5-2014 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I loved living in Europe. The history buff in me couldn't get enough. Here in the States it takes days to get to just one place to soak in one day of history. (It's a big place, and young to boot).

My dream is also to go to Asia to look at all the sites there as well someday. And of course Puma Punku. I've been to the Mayan Temples...but to be truthful, they hold nothing when it comes to European history because that has been so well preserved and recorded.

Gee...thanks True! Now I've got the travel bug again.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

MRS. SYX!! *jumping up and down*
"Hi!!"
So nice to see you online, we haven't talked yet!
I'm glad you decided to hang out with us here....such a lovely bunch of people!

Night Star...hi hunny! Don't stress....do not stress!! The tests will be fine! I get vibes, "feel" people...you know, that empathy stuff....I feel nothing negative....you will be fine! *hugs*

Everybody else who is 'flitting' through...."helloooooo!"
jacy

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccbears
hello all..i am wondering where every one lives..you dont have to answer if you dont like..hope every one has a great night..take cares..

Hi CC.

I am from west central Scotland. Not too far from Glasgow.
I live about 25 miles from the sites of the Battles of Bannockburn and Stirling Bridge! (As featured in the movie Braveheart)
My house is in a tiny rural village, not far from a large "new town" called East Kilbride.
We have green fields (farmland) all around, with pine forested moorland, dotted with lochans (small lakes) to the south.
That moorland is the site of (what will be) Europes largest wind farm, where they use hundreds of huge wind turbines to generate "green" environmentally friendly electricity
About 10 miles from Glasgow and 35 from Edinburgh, I'm less than an hour from the coast, and less than two hours from the start of the Highlands (where our highest mountains are!)

There is loads of history and of course, there are lots of castles near here. I actually posted quite a few of my own pictures of them earlier in the thread for Nightstar!

Here is one that I think Nighstar particularly liked? (It's the one they used in the movie "Highlander" and many others.

edit on 8-5-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: spelling

edit on 8-5-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: grammar, spelling and i am an idiot

edit on 8-5-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: of adding a photo

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

haha..stop jumping now ok..lol...this is a cool place and the people i have met so far are so cool..more friendly then what i thought it would be..hope we can chat soon.....i am going to be here off and on..as right now i am getting syx pictures downloaded so he can put up the tank or what ever it is he wanted..to put on here..there is so much history in some of these people on where they live its driving me crazy...oh you are from canada thats cool..my grandparents not sure what side came from there..man ok this is it WOW...one thing i can say is facebook cant bet any of this on their place...lol..i am still hooked on tat place as well..so i go to both places and hope i dont post soem thing here that was to be there and the same for that place..lol..but alot of people at fb dont really talk to me..i just play the games there now and post when ever..hope you have a GREAT day..

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

OMG...no way no way..ok that has done it for me...i am moving over there...love it all..we do have some history here but to me its no big deal...so you guys all then talk funny..i so love that as well..i guess i loved scotland since i was listening to the bay city rollers so many years ago i do think they were from scotland...so i did fall in love with this area as well..ok now i am not going to unpack our things i am going to pack things up and move there..wait how much are a few things there like bread,milk smokes,gas, a place to live..all the things we need in life..and you know the internet as well i cant live with out that..man again so much history..i love that picture as well..now i have to watch that movie...thanks so much Gordi

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi Guys and Gals! Hope so far everyone's day is going well, or getting better!? Going to be fairly sunny and like 86 here today. Fine by me! (fanning some warm air and clear skies to my cooler and clouded friends......)
You feel that yet??!!! LOL!!

Ahhhh, History! You guys have us beat, where we came from, as far as that goes. We did however, live in the same town that John Deere Started his Plow business. Now world renowned. Also like a 20 minute drive, we could walk the grounds and go into the home of Buffalo Bill Cody!
The BlackHawk Indian tribe lived in the region too. My Mom used to tell of playing with some Indian kids when She was young. Would've been fun!
Just before getting to Buffalo Bills HomeStead, you would pass the Antique Shop of 'American Pickers' Mike and Frank. You may have seen them on the History Channel show?
Oh, and no pics for proof, but heard stories while I was growing up of My Bio Dad growing up on the outskirts of Rock Island, IL. and getting candy from Al Capone! I guess when Al came to the Quad Cities to visit some of His SpeakEasy's and Brothels, he would stop in at My GrandPa's Farm for drinks and chat! Haven't looked into the timeframe of all that, so it's possible it was all B.S....... But an interesting yarn anyway.

Hope You all have a Great Day!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You're very welcome CC.
Here's a wee still from the movie...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

.i guess i loved scotland since i was listening to the bay city rollers so many years ago

LMAO

My sisters first crush was the lead singer

Cody

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Evening all!
So, we are having a castle competition hey!

Well cc...I'm from Wales...and we have lots of castles in Wales, mainly built during the reign of Edward I (knicknamed Edward Longshanks and who put paid to William Wallace the b***ard)
The most famous is probably Caernarfon Castle where our next heir to the throne (Charles) was invested as Prince of Wales (spit)...

It dates from 1330....so well before your country as you know it was a twinkle in your pappy's eye!

There were many other castles in Wales well before that date too.

Well, that's all my sheet music sorted and listed.....some of them are from around 1920 if not before

So Sailor Jerry is about to get a slap

Night...please try not to fret so much hon ( )

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

yep that was les..i only listen to them cause i shared a bedroom with my sister she loved those guys..well i did to but i was more into KISS..my favorite was i les as well..man flash backs..saturday night was a good one for me..man i can feel the age now...

edit on 8-5-2014 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The most famous is probably Caernarfon Castle where our next heir to the throne (Charles) was invested as Prince of Wales (spit)...
a reply to: angelchemuel

Your supposed prince *spit* is my supposed duke *spit spit* and that hag he married my duchess *spit spit spit spit*

They ONCE flew his flag from the town flagpole, my cousins and I removed it and replaced it with the flag of St Piran the Cornish flag.

We had ceremony and burned our duke's *spit spit* flag, we used it to light a fire on the beach and danced on the ashes the next day

Cody

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

wow wow wow..thanks for sharing that..man i just have to get out of here now...lol...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

My computer is being glitchy, and I'm having trouble posting!!

So you're showing off your castles, huh?

I'm near Toronto, Ontario in Canada, surrounded by the Great Lakes.
On the St. Lawrence River you will find the Thousand Islands.
One of these islands has a castle....Boldt Castle...named for Mr. Boldt, millionaire...who built the castle as a gift/tribute to his wife (I believe that is the story...cannot get any pages to load to get the facts).
I've been inside this castle, it's open to the public.
Here is a pic:

You can take a boat tour around the islands. It's not exactly in my area, lol...but it's the only castle I could think of.
Where I live, there is not much to see. It's not really pretty....just lots of farmland. Luckily it's only about an hour's drive to the lake. It's not the ocean, but it's still nice to be near the water.

jacy

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccbears

yep that was les..i only listen to them cause i shared a bedroom with my sister she loved those guys..well i did to but i was more into KISS..my favorite was i les as well..man flash backs..saturday night was a good one for me..man i can feel the age now...

The only KISS you wanted was from Les

No tongues please we're British LOL

I remember my sis's doe eyed look at her poster in her bedroom, kissing Les.

I just called her to remind her, cc best medicine ever, we laughed so hard my sides hurt.

Thank you

Cody

top topics

<< 351  352  353    355  356  357 >>

join