It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 353
<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Apart from wasting the morning making the wrong
stuff very well thanks. How are you all this wetb day.

Cody

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Hello ccbears
I live in Shoeburyness, part of the Borough of Southend-On-Sea, which is in the county of Essex in England. As you can tell from the title, it is a sea side town, and is situated on the north shore of the Thames Estuary, the estuary of the River Thames, which also cuts through London. This town has been settled since the 1100s, and grew up around fishing, due to access to both river fishing, sea fishing, and shellfish all in a fairly small area.

It is the site of the burial of a Saxon king, so it's historical importance, while not widely recognised, is none the less a matter of record. The town became famous nationwide during the Victorian period, as a holiday destination, taking advantage of the seaside views to attract guests. As it became more popular in this regard over time, attractions were installed, including a venue called the Kursaal, which hosted many famous acts, including a Wall of Death motorcycle stunt show.

Nowadays the day trippers are still in evidence during the summer, but the attractions have changed. There is a theme park, and the Kursaal now contains a bowling alley and an amusement arcade, the arcade being just one of about a dozen that are dotted the length of Marine Parade, which is a road which covers the stretch of ocean road where all the amusements and seafront pubs are situated.

The town also has a campus of the University of Essex, just off the high street, roughly in the middle of town, close to which is a stunning new public library and art and culture centre, called The Forum. The high street contains the usual mix of shopping venues, with one miniature mall, called the Royals at the sea front end of the street, and Victoria Plaza at the other. Betwixt these there are yet more shops, banks and the like.

The town is served by the Fenchurch Street, and Liverpool Street train lines from London. I live three miles from town centre, and less than a mile from the local military testing range, which means that I am very familiar with the distant sound of heavy artillery fire!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I'm good man!

We had a rather rushed customer earlier on, who breezed in trying to buy a lock without having taken any measurements. In the end he went back and got his lock and bought it in, so that we could match up a replacement.

We do not have a direct replacement, and may have to order it in. I elected to have a peep inside the lock case, and identified locations within the case which were being worn away at a non-standard way by the action of working the lock. I made some modifications to the track upon which the latch moves, and the arms of the latch itself, removing rough edges and angles to decrease frictional resistance. After putting some graphite powder around the affected areas, and reassembling the case, it works just fine! It is a temporary fix, but considering the thing was seized beyond use, I am happy with it being put back in place until a replacement can be delivered.

I love fixing broken mechanisms!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Good Morning everybody! Bright eyed and bushy tailed over here across the pond. It's supposed to hit eighty degrees today here in Ohio, so it should be interesting. Will I melt from the humidity or will it be a dry heat? I'm thinking I'll be melting like the Wicked Witch of the West as it will be a thunder boomer of a day.
...uh wait a sec, I mean.
No, wait a sec again...I love thunderstorms

I don't talk to myself (Yes, you do) SHUT UP! Ahem....just giving Syx a run for his money.

@Gordi...I loved the little puzzle that you posted in the Funny Pics thread. Screwing with peoples minds on a International level is epic! Y'all have to check it out.

I'll be in and out all day...please remember to tip the waitresses.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

G'morning Dawg! (and anyone else who is here!)

The weather channel says that it's supposed to be sunny, clear and a high in the 80's(F) here today.
So far, it's pitch black and pouring rain.

I'm thinking of applying to work for the weather network...getting paid to lie, lol.
Is your mouth better now?
jacy

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Oh nooooooo...100 year old sheet music! Well loads of it anyway. Even found a copy of The Dam Busters sheet music signed by Eric Coates the composer! What to do, what to do????????????

Right split it into
1. music lessons
2. Welsh sheet music/songs
3. English sheet music/songs (might be some real oldies in there for Gordi
)
4. Compliation books of music

OR

Wallpaper a whole room with it
....*runs up the spiral stairs to hunt for a blank bit of wall*

*flitpoof*
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hehe....nice to see our family over The Pond still have their Brit roots in their DNA.....talking about the weather!!!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Very well done True thete aren't enough people
willing to put themselves out the way you do in
the world.

Morning Dawg how's the tooth ?

Morning jacy you can change the weather over here
if you like.

Cody

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hi Jane

you must have posted while I was typing *waves*

Cody

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

*rushing back down spiral staircase from music room*

Hi Jacy, Cody, Dawg and True *waves*. Sorry can't stop, finished my Dandelion coffee and got a million and one things to do...catch you later this evening....Sailor Jerry will be getting a smack no doubt!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

*waving at Jane and Cody as they flit-poof and meep meep thru the Shed*

Yes, discussing the weather.
Yesterday was cold, had to wear a coat. Today is supposed to be hot...but it's raining! Eek!
I sense a bad hair today, lol.

jacy

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hiya everyone. The jaw is a bit swollen today, which is odd I think. Not bad, but tender nonetheless. Gonna have to watch it. I don't know if this is normal or not. My first Root canal.

@Jane...Must you cover up the beautiful wood grain of the room? I love that room! Actually thinking about building my house along those lines where the only room would be a bathroom. Everything else would be open.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Just checked the radar. Looks like my thunderboomers have been put on hold for today.

Supposedly though, they will be here tomorrow.

And looking at it again, your day should bright as well. I hope so anyways.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Hey Dawg, I just googled "jaw pain after root canal" and it appears to be pretty normal.

Just keep an eye out for symptoms of infection, you know...severe pain, fever, etc., but apparently you're not the only one with this experience.

It's starting to clear up here now.
That's good, I really didn't fancy my first warm day outfit to be shorts and wellies, lol. (Gotta love auto-correct! Every time I typed 'wellies'...it kept changing to 'willies'!!) hahaha

jacy

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Wellies are rain boots, yes? I'm leaving Google out of it, I prefer the personal touch.

As long as you're not wearing the Heebie-Jeebies, you should be OK.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Put myself out!?

No Cody! The fact is, I love doing what I do, and the opportunity to do it is worth grabbing every chance I get! In some very important ways, I feel that although I get paid very little (so little, that it does not actually count as an income in any meaningful way) I get more out of my job than some people I know who take home tens of thousands a year.

I never realised it when I was younger, but I think that this kind of work, and me... We were made for each other!

edit on 8-5-2014 by TrueBrit because: REASONS!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Star Trek Comedy???
Then you guys HAVE to see THIS
When the Starship Enterprise passed through the Estrogena 7 anomaly... turning the crew into the opposite sex!

or
THIS ONE
When the crew are getting on a bit! (With Jim Carrey!)

and of course THE CLASSIC Scottish one with Taysiders in Spaaaace!!
(You guys might not "get" this one!!)
Hope you enjoy anyway...
G

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I saw Taysiders in Space there... I almost voided my bowel from laughing!

Just the idea of it! It's so absurd! Lol!

My fave bit is where the medical officer is leaning over the dead man, points out his demise to the captain in a hilarious display of regional dialect, and then berates him for examining her posterior!

Good old fashioned laughs!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
OMG Gordi, Hahahahaha! Those vids were great!

Hello everyone!
Tomorrow I have to go for blood-work and urinalysis. I get so nervous having tests done. Never know what they're going to find.

A rather grey and dreary day out there today. Doesn't look like I'll be sitting out today.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!
Flitpoof and meep meep.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I hope your tests are clean and shiny!

How are you, other than worrying about that, and being disgusted with the weather?

new topics

top topics

<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join