It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 350
<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

You need tourmalline and/or turquoise for that

Rainbows
Jane

PS

Other pre-historic sites to be found on Great Cumbrae include -
Lady's Grave NS 1830 5888
A cairn at Holm Bay, Tomont End. Found in the field near the road it is 10m in diameter with a hollowed centre. It was excavated in 1878 and an urn and burnt bones found.
Down Craig Fort NS 1819 5796
A narrow promontory 60m long protected by cliffs on three sides and a ditch and rampart.

www.ers.north-ayrshire.gov.uk...
edit on 7-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsu322
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hi True!

Hehe, I'm thinking of cashing in my return ticket and spending the cash on cave decos. Squatters rights and all that. I could be a professional hermit!

There was a pro hermit on Cumbrae many years ago!
Lived in a cave on the west of the Island, sold bunches of ferns & flowers to tourists and travellers for luck.
Was nicknamed "Fern Andy" as a result!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Holla if this sheds nice and dry...And not a washout like it is here!....Just saying hi to all. A quick post im off out for a few hours
...Only coffee lol. But as big arnie said...Ill be back~!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Gordi, your vacation area must be like heaven! Why didn't they dig that cannon out? It is a piece of history being left there and getting buried.

Jane, thanks for the info on the lavender. Years ago I knew so much about herbs, but with my memory, I don't remember crap anymore. LOL I don't know how old the plant is. I will do some research on all my herbs though before I end up killing the poor things. Love your interesting rocks. I like rocks and crystals and gems. awesome!

Hello and much love to all my friends here today!

I'm getting nervous with medical bills these days. I have no insurance so every doctor's visit, blood test, med that I'm on comes out of my pocket. Got a mammogram this summer that will probably cost a fortune. Between the new computer I desperately needed and bought and medical stuff, I'm in debt two thousand dollars!!! And... I just donated 15.00 to my niece's boyfriend's nephew. He is only 13 and has cancer. His medical covers most but not all procedures and the parents are missing work because they need to be with him.

Thing is I see the donation page and how much everyone is giving and mine is the lowest amount. Makes me feel cheap, but I'm already in debt and will be more in debt because I have more doctors appointments and blood work and then that mammogram this summer. Having had cancer I can't just let that test go. I see people like my sister who has plenty of money so 100.00 isn't a burden. One of my brothers gave 50.00 but can easily afford it so my 15.00 doesn't look like much but to me it is. LOL I have Mother's day and my great niece and nephew have birthdays this month. Such is life. I will go sit outside and get some fresh air later.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TDawgRex

You are going to have stomach like a collander!

Good luck with the chilli!

Hahahahahaha! That cracked me up! Never heard it put that way before. LOL

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

It wouldn't be the home comforts I'd be worried about, it would be the spiders!

I mean it's not like I couldn't have a spa bath in a cave.

Hiya Jane, I'm a bit away with the faeries too lol.

Spiders freak me out so much!!!! I do what I call the spider dance when I see one. I jump up and down and yell and scream "KILLIT< KILL IT!!!!"

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Hi True!

Hehe, I'm thinking of cashing in my return ticket and spending the cash on cave decos. Squatters rights and all that. I could be a professional hermit!

There was a pro hermit on Cumbrae many years ago!
Lived in a cave on the west of the Island, sold bunches of ferns & flowers to tourists and travellers for luck.
Was nicknamed "Fern Andy" as a result!

What an interesting story!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I just wanted to pick up on what you said about feeling cheap.

Your donation of fifteen dollars, is a greater and more genorous gift than one hundred dollars from someone who is well off, and does not have the financial outlay requirements that you do. I think it is worth putting it in perspective. Put another way, Brad Pitt will drop a few hundred grand on a charity on occasion. It does not make him a saint, because in real terms, he could drop a few million on them, and still retain more than fifty percent of his wealth.

You gave even though you are in debt to the tune of two grand! You should feel no shame.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
He lived just behind the Indian's head....been doing my homework sir!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDoctor46

Any photos of The Lakes Doc?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So let me get this right?

You are going to move to Scotland, and live in a cave, possibly on an island? So that is one long drive, a couple of lessons on boat control, and I guess if I am going to buy you a drink, then I guess I will have to have a mobile bar, chopper dropped on to the location!

I have to plan these things ahead of time you know

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thank you Jane!

I've noted them down.

Gordi that's amazing! Do I need a permit to be a hermit?

I could sell flowers too! Where do I audition? From now on I want to be known as Fern Tsu.

Hi Doc!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Hehe...you're too young to remember this guy True....but your post made me think of these ads

Rainbows
Jane

PS...Awwww gawwwd....now you and Tsu enjoying a drink made me think of this....

edit on 7-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Gordi, your vacation area must be like heaven! Why didn't they dig that cannon out? It is a piece of history being left there and getting buried....

Ahhh, it is a wee heaven on earth Night - When it's NOT raining!!!

The Cannon!! Well... it was apparently a GERMAN WWI Field gun which was commandeered to help "defend" the Island from any sea-based threat! (There was a small battery of other guns and cannons used near to the site where it is now buried.)
After the war, some of the cannons/field guns were left near the playpark to "amuse" the children!!!
There is an actual photo of THE field gun taken between the wars, with girls sitting on it!!!
I'll try and find the link....
Local rumour is that no one knew what to do with it when it fell out of service, until emergency repairs were required on the sea wall, so they simply used it as "ballast" to secure the repaired foundations of the wall!
It kind of killed two birds with one stone. They got rid of the old rusting gun and shored up the foundations of the wall at the same time.
It has only recently "re-surfaced" as some of the soil around the wall has eroded away.
There was talk of removing and renovating it at some point, but I don't think that it's old/rare enough to bother with?

PS - Found a LINK for you!
Yippee!!! It has THE photo of the girls sitting on it!!! (I KNEW I wasn't going maaaad!!! LOL)
G

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Hiya Night!

I'm so sorry to hear about your medical struggles. We don't know how blessed we are over here.

Maybe you could start a thread for the young boy, if his parents are OK with it. Is that allowed?

Massive hugs!

PS people hear me scream miles away when there is a spider about. What little sense I have goes straight of of the w indow!!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
He lived just behind the Indian's head....been doing my homework sir!

Rainbows
Jane

LOL - Indeed he did!

BUT! Don't research tooooo much!!!

a) it won't leave you with any SURPRISES!!!
b) you'll catch me out on all my BS "tourist" stories!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

"Fern Sadie!! - The Permit Hermit!"

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yep.

No choppers in the garden though, I'll be needing the flowers for my livelihood.

I'm going to google how to be a hermit later.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Hiya Night!

I'm so sorry to hear about your medical struggles. We don't know how blessed we are over here.

Maybe you could start a thread for the young boy, if his parents are OK with it. Is that allowed?

Massive hugs!

PS people hear me scream miles away when there is a spider about. What little sense I have goes straight of of the w indow!!

Thanks Tsu, but the thread asking for donations is a no no here. His page has just been put up and within a week he has over a thousand dollars. So it is going well.

Thanks True! You are right and I won't feel like I have been cheap. Hugs!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, I have wasted enough of this day. Gonna get caught up with a few threads and then going to sit out in the yard with a book. The one Cody recommended a while back. Flit Poof! LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join