It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 325
<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Heh... the thing is, when you say to yourself "I guess its going to be one of THOSE days" at least you know about it. There is no surprise involved. You can process that fact. Better than it being sprung on you when it would be a REALLY bad idea to make a horrific balls up!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm not contrary! He started it!

He's the same with his women customers, he asks them where they want their phone socket and then tells them he's disappearing until they have made up their minds. He's lucky he doesn't come home with black eyes after some of the stories he tells me.

OMG, I put coffee and sugar in a mug before at a different job with a matron-boss watching me, she made me so nervous I put water from the water cooler in the mug instead of from the kettle. I used to call her nurse Ratchet behind her back, she was evil.

Haha, maybe we could have a 'Check-in' thread for all ATSers to post in when danger has passed. I used to think I was lucky to have all my family in safe countries, well that's gone out the window. I suppose my plan wouldn't really work though if the internets down.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yep! It's one of those days. Just during this short interlude, I found a industrial magnet that I had packed and when I went to put it on the counter (in the kitchen using the counter space to organize) all my utensils came flying out of the drying tray and attached themselves to it.

Startled the bejeezus out of me!
I guess you had to have been there.
That would have been a strange one to explain to the Docs in the emergency room that I was not trying to commit suicide and it was a accident. Luckily...no cuts that won't heal on their own.

Maybe I should stay away from the chainsaw tomorrow?

edit on 1-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hiya Dawg!!! Welcome home!!!

No offense but I'm belly laughing here at your expense. I can just picture you jumping out of your skin. Too funny.

Jaky and Jane, I will PM you my number too so you can have it on record.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

I remember now why I had packed it away. It's pretty powerful. I thought it would be a cool odd thing to hold a calendar on the fridge, but when it came time to change months, I couldn't get the damned thing off. I still have scratches on the fridge because I had to slide it off.

But I'm keeping it. not only is it cool, but may be useful at some point. If only I can remember that when the time comes.
Obviously, I'm taking a break...maybe even a short nap to reboot the brain pan.
edit on 1-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Good girl! Got it...tried sending you a txt. Pretty certain I have the prefix code right, but it wont sent. I suspect it's because my phone contract wont let me send overseas. I'll look into it.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

.....and that's all I have to say about that!

Rainbows
Jane

PS...having read your second post....maybe you should lend it to Homer....see if he can capture himself one of those UFO's on his week end trip

edit on 1-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hey! Shedbuds,

[[[[[Jacy]]]]] I am not going to say what I want to say, because I don't want to get banned.
So I will have to leave it at a huge hug for now.
I agree with Jane - Having one or two good pals contact numbers is a solid idea. Do it. (You can ask anyone in u2u if you want to keep it on the low down)

Dawgbro! I Have always had a thing for magnets!!! I used to have a stack of ring shaped ones, that you could "stack" on a pencil. If you stack them + to + and - to -, you can make a great bouncy spring type of thing!!! (I always thought that it might make the basis for a good car suspension system with appropriate damping applied?)

Glad everyone else seems to be in fine spirits, I'm sure Foss is OK, he'll just be in the huff 'cause I couldn't fit him on the Totem pole!!!! LOL (Maybe I should put him on the back under Tsu's @ss??)

Nice to see cc (MrsSyx) the other day too!

My RL pal Gordy, (he's the reason I have to spell mine with an "i" at the end!!) said that he may stop by at some point to say hello too, I think he'd love it here!
He's new to ATS and is called StringBreaker on here - so please look after him as I know you all will, OK??

I was quiet at work today so...... I came home and mirrored all the main glass in our conservatory!!! LOL
It looks pretty good, even if I do say so myself! And should help with privacy, with overheating in the sun, and with cooling too fast in the evenings. We shall see...

I've still never seen any Game of Thrones, I really do fancy it, but never seem to have the time!!!!
Might catch up at some point.
G

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

YES! I FOUND a video of it!
THIS is how I've seen it done...

G

Never seen it done like that Gbro, very elegant I must say.

This is a stopped mortice with wedged tenon, you have one chance and one chance only. Get the wedges or the angles even slightly out and either the joint won't close all the way up, or it will be sloppy in it's housing, I haven't done this for years, but I do remember the botty clenching moment of driving them home and the relief when it worked.

Cody

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I'm pretty sure my texting package is for "in Canada" only.
Searching online to see if you can send a text from the computer...so far, I'm just getting confused.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hehe!

There is nothing quite as startling as a stern matron looking over ones shoulder. I once had dealings with a school secretary of just such a caliber. She had the most terrifyingly 1950s hair do I ever saw, a massive bulging thing it was with horrific flick ups on each side. Looked like it had been sprayed with some high strength industrial adhesive, and gave the impression that within its massive confines, lurked all manner of corrupt wildlife, driven mad and mutated by the fixatives used to preserve its shape. Couple that with one of those glares that involves one eyelid twitching rapidly, while the other grows ever wider, and a temper which went from naught to apocalypse in precisely as long as it takes a child to explain that they need to sit in the nurses office, and you may get the idea of what she was like!

With regard to your Dad and fitting telephone sockets, I can only imagine the frustration. At least with locks, they only really go on the doors, so options are rather limited as to placement!

I still think a check in thread is a good idea, but it will have limitations because of the probability of power and connectivity outages in regions affected by serious incidents.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Um... perhaps so!

Chainsaw plus befuddled Dawg does not make for a productive days work, unless you happen to be an EMT, or God help us, a mortician!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

originally posted by: Tsu322

Yea, it took seconds to happen, but will provide laughs for years.

Y'all are just mean! I have band-aids on my arm here!
I'm injured! MEDIC!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

*hugs the dawg* Poor you, please be careful!
I called the vet...he can see you at 4... he kept saying he would 'fix' you, lol.

Jane and Tsu: I just checked online with my cell service provider...apparently for $5/month I can have international texting! I'm likely not going out today, but will try to have it added tomorrow. (I'm hoping I didn't read it wrong).

jacy

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

The Boss yelled at me for being on the computer on "his time"

What an arrogant assumption, your time is your time to do with as you wish, if Mrs C ever said that to me she'd out the door quicker than a lightning bolt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I would expect the same treatment if reversed.

I may have been a crap dad but I'm a bloody good husband, if Mrs C wants some time to herself it's never a problem, if I wish to go out for a ride to clear my head never a problem, if she asks me to log off (apparently there is a log off button) Then I just say babes give me a minute, and leave about 1/2 an hour later.

HIS time, what next ? Do you feed him peeled grapes and fine wine whilst he lays back and allows you to rub his feet ?

Control freak comes to mind sis, watch out very closely this is abuse albeit relatively mild. Watch your man VERY closely if a few minutes on ATS is an issue, imagine the row if you want a night out !!!!!

Get out make friends and build a support network, there may come a day when you need it.

Failing that send him to me,

Cody

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
To call Canada from the UK

00 + 1 + ??? ??? ????

To call UK from Canada

011 + 44 + ???? ??? ???

Jaky, I have already added the +44 to the beginning of my mobile no in the PM.

Jane you need to add 001 to the beginning of Jaky's no.

www.howtocallabroad.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yup I know...but I reckon my contract doesn't allow me to txt abroad. I'll call my provider later....got a customer calling for 2 more bits of furniture in the next hour.

Rainbows
Jane

PS.....do you have to put those + symbols in too?????

edit on 1-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Cody, Thank you. (You can't see it, but there is a world of gratitude behind those 2 words).

I just deleted 3 huge paragraphs.
They don't even begin to describe what I've survived (including ex-husband telling everyone he 'dumped the bike to get rid of me')...I came off the back, at 160 mph.
My back injury is from him slamming the top of my head into a wall.
I eventually managed to get away and stay away, with nothing but a bag of clothes.

Friends abandoned me out of fear....I have no family.
How I got to where I am now is a very long story.
Most days, time spent with my 'Shed Family' is the highlight of my life.
You just don't know what you all mean to me.
jacy

edit on 1-5-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsu322
To call Canada from the UK

00 + 1 + ??? ??? ????

To call UK from Canada

011 + 44 + ???? ??? ???

Jaky, I have already added the +44 to the beginning of my mobile no in the PM.

Jane you need to add 001 to the beginning of Jaky's no.

www.howtocallabroad.com...

Hi guys sorry there were a couple of replies I wanted to get in before catching up.

To call Britain from Canada (or text) you need to drop the 0 at the front of the local number

EG:

If your number is

you dial

0044 1234567890

Same for Canada

001 1234567890

Cody

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I called the vet...he can see you at 4... he kept saying he would 'fix' you, lol.

YIPE! YIPE! YIPE! YIPE!

Stay away evil woman!

new topics

top topics

<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join