It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 324
<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi everyone.
This post is to explain my recent absence.
First, I would like to ask if I have ever been 'inappropriate' here?

My partner, who will be referred to as, "The Boss"...works long hours outside.
Normally, when The Boss gets home, I log off the computer.
Monday evening, I was in the middle of a conversation with palmal regarding her missing friend. I didn't want to just "stop" talking, so I kept posting.
The Boss yelled at me for being on the computer on "his time"...meaning that I should only be online when he isn't home. I was also accused of doing something wrong. So I deleted my video completely.
I logged off without saying 'good-bye' to palmal or anyone.
The Boss was home for 2 days due to rain. For those 2 days I stayed offline.
The stress gave me a migraine, so I spent yesterday in bed...in agony and vomiting violently.
Today I am dehydrated, have lost 4 lbs. and am weak. And sad.

I'm sorry. I'm not complaining, just explaining.
You all mean a lot to me. Without sounding more pathetic....you are pretty much my only social life these days.
I will be here reading for a while.
Love you all,
jacy

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hiya Shedites! Good morning/afternoon.

How is everyone? All good I hope.

Has anyone seen anything of Dawg and Fossi? I was expecting to see them on night shift talking about storms/tornadoes but they weren't here last night and last I heard there were storms on radar near Dawg but he nor Fossi have been on since.

Wellcome CC! I'm so glad you joined up! I'm sure that once you settle in it will feel like you have been here forever, everyone here is so lovely. Happy belated anniversary to you both!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

JACY!

That all sounds like bunkum to me! I have never known you to be inappropriate in any way, or at least, no more inappropriate than the rest of us

Sounds like someone is a little put out that you have a social network larger than that of Tom Hanks character in Castaway!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Hey Tsu!

Hope you are well! I am doing well today. Nice and busy in the shop, and on ATS as well, so plenty to do! I love having stuff to get a grip on. It livens things up no end!

As for foss and Dawg, I was out most of the day yesterday, and I have not heard a peep from either member since I got back on the boards this morning at 9ish.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Oh Jaky-Sis, Massive cwtchy hugs!!!!!!!

You have NEVER been inappropriate here, not at all!

There was absolutely nothing wrong with your video AT ALL! It was perfectly classy and demure, if he saw an issue with it then I'm sure the issue is all his.

I think Boss might be very jealous and insecure if he thinks there was anything wrong with that video.

If you can try to stay away from coffee today Sis, drink water instead, coffee will make you pee more and make you feel worse. Milk is good too if you are too stressed to eat.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hiya True!

All's good here. I'm chillin today. It was either that or procrastinate about doing housework.

I'm glad you are happy with work today, I guess you must have nice weather for them to be all out shopping? It's lovely here, cloudy and bright at the same time if you know what I mean.

I just stalked Dawg and Foss profiles and I think Dawg may have been around this morning but not Fossi.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Heh, actually the weather has been various shades of lousy all day! But we had one great customer early in the morning (when it was raining cats and dogs, and probably opossums and gerbils too), followed by steady trade since the rain buggered off for its lunch break.

I swear, trade around here follows no particular pattern. You get a day when you open the shop and think "Well... I am not going to see a soul." and then you get half the world through the door, and others where you would have thought the place would be thronging with barbecue fans, DIY nuts, and trades persons, and all you get is the postman, a couple of kindly old ladies looking for the pet store (down the road, three doors down on the left
) and the odd actual customer every hour or so.

Also, regarding stalking....

Have you seen any more of that strange individual who was following you about, last week was it? Also, I wonder if foss is alright?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I was just having my lunchtime sarnie and just having a read, I wasn't going to post anything until I came across yours.......I have one word for you woman, and you're intelligent enough to know what it is......ABUSE.

I wont say any more about what you have told us here in The Shed......this is an open forum after all. I just hope "The Boss" (that name alone tells me a whole heap), doesn't know about The Shed and reads what you have written.

I would like to think I am just having a knee jerk reaction to your post.....but I don't think so somehow.

Huge hugs hon......and you know we are all here for you collectively or individually....you know what to do,

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thank you Jane, Tsu and True.

I had a lot of u2u's, and decided to just post this.
At least you now know why sometimes I just disappear.
Please don't make this a downer topic...just keep up with your regular chit-chat.
Again, thank you.
jacy

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
GRRRRRR! I agre with Jane! Jacy, the Boss is controlling and making you sick. You need friends and for him to be so petty and mean...GRRRR! No one can tell you what to do or how to live your life. I'm living with my ex because of financial reasons right now, but we lead separate lives. You deserve so much better. You are absolutely beautiful inside and out and could get anyone you want. That's all I'll say for now. You can e-mail me or U2U anytime!!!!!

Morning Jane, Tsu and Tru! I have to get ready to go out later. Be back.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Haha, you are probably serving all the poor guys that have been roped into Bank Holiday DIY. My Dad's already asked if I want anything done around the house but I don't plan on telling him what I want done until 11am on the day, then I'm going to change my mind at 11.30 just to change it back at 12pm. I'm looking forward to it already.

We used to have strange days like that in the cafe up here that I worked in. Some days I'd be cleaning skirting boards with the boss reading to me from the paper other days it would be so busy I would put two sugars and milk on the lamb dinners and mint sauce in the tea.

I haven't seen anything of the weirdo guy but then I haven't been to Newport since. I'm going down tomorrow but I'll be avoiding that area completely and I'll be spending the day with my bro and cousin then sleeping at my Mams.

Mam used to be really nervous with me going home late at night from her place but I just used to laugh it off and say 'It's them that want to be worried about bumping into me' but I'm not so sure of myself now. Meh.

I re-stalked Fossi and it looks like he has a lot of days where he doesn't come on at all so I'm sure he's just studying or something but I still think we should have a new Shed rule that any family members in dangerous weather situations should post the next day, even if it's just to say hi. Still, I suppose they are doing me a favour, I'm lost if I haven't got anything top worry about.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Jaky, I'm glad you are online, I have news. I downloaded Game of Thrones audiobook part one yesterday. I did try geting that Alien Abduction film to download but every avenue I tried blocked me because of location. Anyway I was browsing with my new Amazon account and came across the Audiobook. It's better for me than films I think because I can get on with other stuff without having to look at my screen.

I managed to pay attention for about the first hour or so, when the family come across the diawolves and the King comes to stay. Lots of names though, I get confused lol. It sounds good though.

I saw the box set of first three films/series (?) in the market the other day but they were soooo expensive.

So anyway be warned, I am likely to be asking a lot of questions in the near future.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Thanks hunny!
I don't know how you can get the full effect of Game of Thrones without SEEING it all.
I actually have a tab opened right now, where I'm looking at my avatar's costumes..lol...yeah, I just adore her character.

You can ask, but I may not remember much from past seasons. So much happens, with such a huge cast of people.
I had to get past my initial aversion to the graphic violence and sex, but now I'm hooked for sure.
If you get a chance to watch it all, you should.

jaky

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsu322

Haha, you are probably serving all the poor guys that have been roped into Bank Holiday DIY. My Dad's already asked if I want anything done around the house but I don't plan on telling him what I want done until 11am on the day, then I'm going to change my mind at 11.30 just to change it back at 12pm. I'm looking forward to it already.

You contrary thing you!

We used to have strange days like that in the cafe up here that I worked in. Some days I'd be cleaning skirting boards with the boss reading to me from the paper other days it would be so busy I would put two sugars and milk on the lamb dinners and mint sauce in the tea.

Oh God... that reminds me of the time I put the kettle in the fridge, and only realised my error when I tried to place the milk on the kettle base!

I haven't seen anything of the weirdo guy but then I haven't been to Newport since. I'm going down tomorrow but I'll be avoiding that area completely and I'll be spending the day with my bro and cousin then sleeping at my Mams.

Mam used to be really nervous with me going home late at night from her place but I just used to laugh it off and say 'It's them that want to be worried about bumping into me' but I'm not so sure of myself now. Meh.

Considering that your first response to hypothetical threat is "an airway job", I reckon you would be just fine if it came down to it. Its natural to be concerned, but it is also natural to respond to a threat by smashing someones trachea closed, and then knee them in the face as they fall to the ground, doubled over, gasping and wondering why they cannot breathe.

In either case, I hope the ruffian troubles you no more. You are far too wonderful a human being to have to put up with all that malarkey.

I re-stalked Fossi and it looks like he has a lot of days where he doesn't come on at all so I'm sure he's just studying or something but I still think we should have a new Shed rule that any family members in dangerous weather situations should post the next day, even if it's just to say hi. Still, I suppose they are doing me a favour, I'm lost if I haven't got anything top worry about.

Hehe! Silliness! I hate worrying about things. I much prefer to chill out, lean back, and await the next part of the day. That said, I think it would only be fair of those members prone by geography toward involvement in meteorological insanities, to do us all a favour and check in after such an event. Mind you, I can understand someone having trouble with their internet connection under such circumstances as might prevail after a wind related catastrophe, even in areas which were not directly hit by such a thing.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Jacy....do yourself and us a favour if you feel comfortable with it please. Can you swap mobile/cell numbers with one of us Sheddies over on your side of the Pond, and maybe give them your address too?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

My mum was a traditional tea brewer.....you know...the tea pot with home knitted tea cozy (which I still have). Well I made 'the pot' and mum went to pour it. So she looks at me and asks what I've done with the teapot. The tea caddy was under the tea cosy....we opened the cupboard door to a billowing of steam....I'd put 'the pot' where the caddy should have been

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Yes, I can do that.
I have a cheap little cell phone that is pay-as-you-go, and only has a package for texting, right now.
Anyone who wants my number, just send me a u2u. I have NO idea the cost of texting, from there to here (or vice versa). I will u2u it to you Jane....and thank you for asking.
jacy

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sheesh woman! You could have said *SPOILER ALERT* before you mentioned the sex and violence, you've spoiled the best bit now.

Seriously though, I had an idea it was going to go that way from the beginning, I'm not normally interested in watching/listening to anything that causes me to have a nervous reaction but after seeing you and others talk about it on here I thought I would give it a go.

I'm thinking of reading up on it, looking at maps and pictures online so I have a better idea of what's going on and who is who. I had to do the same with Downton.

Anyways, if it gets too much I can just skip a bit and carry on lol.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hey everyone! Not hiding, just kinda a blah thing the last few days. Going through all my boxes as well, and wondering, really!? Why did I keep this all these years. Every time I do this, the boxes become less and less, but it does make for melancholy days. Which isn't all that bad.

@Jacy...I don't know what to say, other than the Boss pisses me off. I'll leave it at that.

And a warm welcome to CCBears!, if Syx has a better half, that always gives me hope that I'll find mine at some point.

It's a bittersweet day today, got all the bills paid for the month and cannot help but look into the future of more of the same crap. Bills, bills and bills...what a pain in the @$$. (Pun intended)

Chances are I'll be my chipper self tomorrow as there is a lot to do at the farm. Busy mind and busy hands make for a happy Dawg!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yea...I'm having one of those days myself. My coffee went cold and I put in the Mike to warm it up to wash down some aspirin, and when the timer beeped, I opened the pill bottle (wrong one) and opened the fridge to get my coffee
, then realized what I had done and looked down at the pill I thought was a aspirin only to realize it was a multi-vitamin.

Cripes! It's gonna be one of those days.

top topics

<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join