It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Huh

You ok Gbro ?
I can do language resuscitation
Cody

Hehee!!
Yes bro! Am absolutely fine. Just letting off some guid Scottish Steam!!! By having a jocular (Jock-ular? see what I did there?? LOL) moan about the weather!

Quick translation:
Well, it's DREICH!!! DREICH!!! I TELL YE!
(Well, it is dull / dreary / damp / overcast I tell you)
Thon Drizzles turnt tae shoors, an' the shoors huvnae drawn a breath atween thum since!
(The light mist of rain has turned to proper showers, and the showers have not let up since.)
Thur's puddles in thuh gerden that wid swally a cuddy wi' a bunnet oan!
There are puddles in the garden that would swallow a donkey with it's hat on!
Tho' ah dae huv a neebor who's so ower skinny that he huztae rin aboot in thuh rain tae get wet!
Although I do have a neighbour who is so thin that he has to run around in the rain to get wet!

I think Dawg did well, and Jacy did particularly well in understanding any of that passage!
Well Done You! (Maybe it was the influence of the Scottish half of the pin-badge? LOL
....although THAT item is apparently just a rumour?? As we haven't yet seen the photographic evidence of it's existence!
< chanting > Photo! Photo! Photo! (Unless I missed it when I skimmed.... in which case.... Yes, that was it! LOL))

We had Home-Made Scotch Pancakes (Drop Scones) for Breakfast!!!
With strawberries, blackberries, maple syrup, cream, ginger preserve, lemon juice etc etc!!!

I am now officially stuffed! Ye cannie beat it!

My first gig with the new band is tonight.
They've settled on the name SHURE THING! which is a bit boring but hey ho.
We're playing at a 94th birthday party!!! YES 94th!!! So, that should be..... fun!
Am just going to spend the rest of today chillaxing!

Mum is doing fine (but still grumpy because her Hip-Op has been put back several weeks more)
My Big Sis fell over and banged her head (and face) quite badly about 2 weeks ago. (Only just found out a few days ago) - Her new nickname is ROCKY! This is the 4th time she's fallen over in about the last year - so she will now have to go in for tests to see what's up.
Her youngest daughter Elaine (My neice) also had a separate fall (at the Gym I think)!! and has damaged the metatarsal in her foot!! Big support strapping thing but no Cast thankfully!
I seem to have a large bump on the out-side of my left shin???? looks like I've hit it with a hammer (I didn't), wtf????
It's quite sore, but I don't remember banging it on anything??? Could have hit it when moving the music gear I suppose? We had two rehearsals during the week, to try and get ready for the party gig (We're not ready yet!!)
You couldn't make it all up!!! LOL

Hey - at least I'm still smiling

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Hey Gordi !

Good grief! You and yours have had a busy one eh? Do you suppose the bruise on your leg could be explained by you having knocked it on something in your sleep?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hi All !!

Things have been moving really fast here. A lot to do. The theme is "Hurry up and wait"

Tonite I spent the evening with our realtor, who is also a friend. (good lord, I hope I'm doing the right thing.) She say's it could take a couple of months from now. But we will definetly get a sale and for the price we are asking. Hopefully it will work out with the home we are looking to buy....

THIS is especially for crappiekat!

There's an old Scots saying:
"Wit's fur ye'll no go by ye'"
It basically means "What's for you will not go by you" or "what will be will be".

I kind of think that you just have to keep plugging away at life and see what comes your way.
It's not what happens that is ultimately important, It's how we cope/deal with what happens.
I am a great believer in karma and "what goes around comes around".

There are some kind hearts in here, and everyone is coping with their trials and tribulations in their own way.

One thing that I will say, is that it's easier to cope with anything, knowing that there are true friends in your corner.
I think we've all found a few in here?

All the very best to you. Things WILL work themselves out.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Hey Gordi !

Good grief! You and yours have had a busy one eh? Do you suppose the bruise on your leg could be explained by you having knocked it on something in your sleep?

Truebro!
It's possible I suppose, but my bed is a big'un!! LOL and I don't think there's much there to be knocked on.
More likely the music gear I think? You know when you're lugging great big speakers and PA equipment, drum kit & hardware bags, stands etc about, it's quite easy to take a knock or two and not notice?
It's just a particularly big knock, not to have noticed!!! LOL I'll be fine anyway. It's not near a joint or anything.
You working bro?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I'm from New England in the USA.

Gordi, I love that Scottish accent! LOVE English accents too!!
Thanks Cody! Mom is home.
Hiya Jacy if you're still up!

Why Thank You Ms Night, < bowing graciously >
I'm pleasantly surprised that any of it made any sense to you!

Ah' kin tok like thon fur ye onny time darlin!

AND - I do a Mean Sean Connery (as 007) impression!!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: jacygirl

It's late (2am) and my head is 'left field'......how about the next thread being based on Gordi's camper van? What I'm thinking is....the Sheddies go on a Magical Mystery World Tour. We travel in the camper van, which is, of course, like the Tardis. We travel by riding rainbows. We can 'visit' each of our places of 'residence' where we give a guided tour of the locale.....much like Gordi has been doing with his 'secret Island' which of course we can provide piccy's for after The Gathering
. We can also take trips to our fav places in the world where we would like to visit. The next 100 pages should be enough to tie us over and start the new thread with the Island Gathering at the end of May.
Just an idea.......

*flitpoof*
Rainbows
Jane

[[[[[Jane]]]]]

Magical as always!

(I am getting paid for use of the van right?? LOL)

I love the sound of taking our Shed on the Road!!
The Guys could be "On Tour" with the band!! LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

It seems to me that you and your family need to slow down some.
I get a mental picture of you and yours pinging all over the place and running into things. I hope that is what it is anyways.

I'm guilty of it as well though. Always hurting myself and not realizing it until later.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
New semester starts Monday, classes will be Digital Photography and World Civilizations up to 1500.
You all KNOW how I'll address advances of man in ancient times

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Good morning family!
Just getting caught up here, *big hugs* all round...
jacy

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Great classes Homer. No Math! (I don't think anyways) more enjoyable and less stress. Remember to give me a shout out when your team comes up here to Ohio.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: angelchemuel

It's late (2am) and my head is 'left field'......how about the next thread being based on Gordi's camper van? What I'm thinking is....the Sheddies go on a Magical Mystery World Tour. We travel in the camper van, which is, of course, like the Tardis. We travel by riding rainbows. We can 'visit' each of our places of 'residence' where we give a guided tour of the locale.....much like Gordi has been doing with his 'secret Island' which of course we can provide piccy's for after The Gathering
. We can also take trips to our fav places in the world where we would like to visit. The next 100 pages should be enough to tie us over and start the new thread with the Island Gathering at the end of May.
Just an idea.......

*flitpoof*
Rainbows
Jane

[[[[[Jane]]]]]

Magical as always!

(I am getting paid for use of the van right?? LOL)

I love the sound of taking our Shed on the Road!!
The Guys could be "On Tour" with the band!! LOL

*bolded bit*.....only if you call your band Dusty Lampshade.......

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hi Dawg! and Homer!
Hi Jane! I like your idea for our next thread...was wondering if someone else wants to start it when this one gets put to rest
...it doesn't have to be "my" thread.

Gordi, I haven't put a pic of my pin up yet because I wanted to show it off in a video (I truly have worn it every day). I keep deleting the videos because I'm super self-critical I guess, and think my voice sounds stupid.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
jacy

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I am working today yes. At this point I have just finished my lunch, and have scant minutes left before I am due back on shift. I am using those minutes to swig a glass of water to wash down the steak and kidney pie and chips that I just consumed, which was deeeeelicious!

Regarding smacking ones self about with amps... because I have limited live experience (an open mic night in a room above a pub), the only familiarity I have with juggling amps and music gear, is marching ten miles to a practice with my practice amp in one hand, and my bass strapped across my back, and helping a friend of mine set up his gear for an open mic night he was running (separate venue), which included two big PA speakers, stands, his giant keyboard (seven feet long at least), and the sound desk. I used to assist my friend with his equipment on a weekly basis, simply through virtue of being a patron of the drinking hole in which the event was held.

I no longer go, because the night has been cancelled for some time. In fact, I no longer go to live music events in my hometown very often, because it reminds me of a certain female that I have been working hard to forget.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

LOL - yeah, we're certainly..... busy!
But mostly in a nice way.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
New semester starts Monday, classes will be Digital Photography and World Civilizations up to 1500.
You all KNOW how I'll address advances of man in ancient times

Homer, I'm no expert, but I don't think they had Digital Photography before 1500 ??

(It was at least half past eight I think? LOL)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Steak & Kiddeley Pie wi Chips!!!!!!
For Lunch no less!
Lucky beggar! Sounds Good Bro! (Am cookin some Richmonds Sausages as I type! Will stick 'em in a sandwich with HP Pepper Sauce!!!! oh Yeah!)

Who's the girl you're trying to forget? (I don't know, I've Forgotten!!! BOOM BOOM!)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

hahahaha....they weren't too civilized, either!

You know what everyone? I'm kinda sad/angry that we will get cut off at 400 pages. I think we deserve to live on...perhaps even win an award for the longest thread with absolutely NO trolling/bickering!!
I am rather biased though.

jacy-whose internet keeps blipping off and on..grrr...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
A very good day to you all

The sun is trying to shine here, but nothing can outshine the light in my heart.

Gbro all the best for the gig, (you might want to take some oxygen with you)

Homer that sounds like fun

True I'm desperately looking for gig to take the kids to, I want them to experience a live gig with dad in the mosh pit

Jacy massive (((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))) you brought us together, for that I will be forever gateful

Jane I'm always at my best 'On the road' with my trusty (if battered) rucksack on my back, bring it on

Dawg I miss my pigs

Everyone Enjoy the weekend

Cody

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: TrueBrit

Who's the girl you're trying to forget? (I don't know, I've Forgotten!!! BOOM BOOM!)

Without trying to sound crass....long ago, when I was mourning the death of a relationship....a woman-friend told me, that the "only way to get OVER one....is to get UNDER one"....lol....
(praying that I didn't just break a T&C)

Cody...Always *massive hugs* for you hunny...BUT....it was Jane who brought us together, actually! I just wrote a story about it, and the rest of you magically made it happen for real! I cannot take credit, when our Rainbows Angel is our true Creator!

jacy

edit on 26-4-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Och Lassie!
Just Do It.
We'd all LOVE to see you! especially if you're SMILING!!!!!

Hey - If you're doing a video.... you could do the "wee tour" thing? Show us what your place is like?

Personally, I like a Canadian accent!
I like most American accents too....
LOVE Irish girls accents... < swoon >
French accent is mostly pretty good...
Italian....maybe...

I say GO FOR IT! (But a photo would do for me just as well!)
Gx

new topics

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join