It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 291
<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Went out with a couple of friends chasing after the Ringling Brothers Circus train and another train yesterday. Started out the day intercepting the circus train trudging along the former Virginian Railway Princeton to Deepwater mainline that now belongs to Norfolk Southern Railway. First shot is of the circus train, operating under train symbol O47, at it comes around the sweeping curve at Robson, West Virginia.

The second photo is at a place called "DB Junction" at Alloy, West Virginia. Named so after the town that the bridge in the background is located. Just to give you an idea as to how long this train really is. Half of the train is not even on the bridge in the background.

The third photo in this series was also taken at Alloy as the circus train proceeds through the yard to the crew change point to swap with another crew that will take this train on down the line. Again, if you look in the background you will see that most of the train is still not off the bridge.

After getting word of a southbound train coming towards Nitro, WV. The decision was made to hold off on catching the circus train stow the passenger cars in the yard at Quincy, WV. Instead, we made our way north to try and intercept this southbound that was coming. As we were passing through Raymond City, WV, we spotted the train we were after and had to make a quick turn around to try and get back ahead to set up. Needless to say that we got ahead caught up to him at Poca, WV just in time to get this picture. Looming in the background is the John Amos Power Plant owned by American Electric Power.

After catching the train a few miles down the road at Poca. We decided to head to Nitro and see what kind of shot we could get down there. We are set up overlooking the tracks next to westbound lanes and westbound entrance ramp to Interstate 64. No we weren't parked on the interstate entrance ramp itself. We were actually parked on the other side of the tracks and ran up the hill while one of us stayed down at the bottom on the other side.

Once we got back in the car and got moving again after picking the thorns out of our legs from climbing the hill. We stopped right across from the yard office at Nitro to get our next to last shot there. Here it is setting on the main as the conductor went in to pick up some new paperwork and some new train order bulletins.

Our last photo from Nitro was at Lock Street as this southbound started making its way towards Charleston to meet up with the circus train.

Guess you could say that we had a very busy day running back and forth across a three county area.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: Night Star

I'm trying to lose weight too Dawg and it isn't easy!!

DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY! And when your done with that...run around the block until I'm tired.

Not twenty dollars Night! Twenty push-ups...Jeez! Get with the program.

Hahahahaha!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Morning Cody, Tru and Gimme!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Gimme those would make great post cards. Nice pics!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Gimme those would make great post cards. Nice pics!

Morning Ms. Night!

I've been thinking of doing some postcards but more around Christmas time with some winter shots. However, I may just do the whole postcard thing in general no matter what time of year it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Morning Night Star!

Also, thanks for your comment in my poem thread!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

...Gordi....mushroom ketchup? Hahahahaha! What the hell is mushroom ketchup?????? I swear, I have never in my life heard of such a thing.

I made it all up.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
GORDI!!!

DUUUUUUUUUDE!

How are you?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Just KIDDING!!!
it's a rich, aromatic cooking sauce made from a mushroom concentrate and barley extracts...

Looks like Soy Sauce, very Dark and has a runny consistency (almost like water).
Very strong mushroom flavour, great in soups, casseroles etc. but I use it for marinades and for coating steaks etc prior to cooking. (You can use Soy Sauce in my steak recipe if you can't find the mushroom one)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Truebro!

I'm doin' great bud! How's Yersel'??? (As they say in Glasgow!)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I am well enough thank you!

Had a driving lesson today, which went well. Went for a drive down the seafront and back. Lovely weather for it I must say! Trade however, has been less than vibrant. The changeable weather which has prevailed since about a quarter past twelve today, has kept people guessing as to whether they ought to be wearing a shirt, or a pull over and one gets the feeling that rather than make up their minds, people have just stayed at home.

Still, worse things have happened at sea. Like scurvy, and kraken attacks!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Indeed Sir!

Weather is all over the place up here too.

Oh, I have taken the liberty of replying to your wonderful verse in the poetry thread that you mentioned.
I hope you don't mind?
My reply may be slightly....... tongue in cheek??

Or MUCH WORSE!!!!
Mwahahaaa!!!!

< hiding >

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Heh!

I have read, and replied to your reply... Good grief... some of the back and forth here on the site can be very difficult, grammatically speaking, to describe!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Your verse was brilliant chap!

I'm just in a silly mood today. (I hope you didn't mind?)

MUM got her Cast removed today and ALL IS WELL!! WooHooo!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Of course I do not mind Gordi!

I wrote the poem to release my thoughts, and to provoke thought! I am glad that it provoked thought in you, even if it was very silly

Also... GREAT NEWS!!! Good to hear that your mothers cast has come off, and that all appears optimal at this point!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
oooh Dinner is ready - It's a Gammon Joint tonight!
Cooked in a VERY unusual way.... but I'm not sure that I want to give this one away....
it's far tooo yummy to just share!!!

LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Good Afternoon Folks! Not much happening over here in my world. Which is a good thing I guess.

@Tru...I had to arch my eyebrow when you said you were taking driving lessons. When an adult tells me that, it always catches me by surprise. No offense.

@Gordi, That's great news about your Mom! Keep a eye on her so she doesn't overdo it at first. And please, post the recipe...pretty please!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Heh...

I have not been in a position financially to consider driving lessons. To be honest, I am not in such a position now. However, the needs of our business have changed, and it is urgent that I be able to drive so that supplies can be gathered with ease, and so that we will have two technicians capable of working on separate jobs at the same time. Therefore, a block of ten lessons was purchased, and I am undertaking to learn to operate automobiles under the instructors tutelage.

I have avoided learning up until now, because I could not afford the lessons, let alone the cost of a car, the tax, the insurance, the petrol, servicing and so on. I am learning now, in the hopes that the business will be able to cope with the cost of those things, since I am still financially incapable of it at this time. The thing is, the more drivers we have, the more money we can theoretically make, so hopefully it will all work out for the best.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Morning Everyone!
Gordi, so happy to hear about your Mom. I'm hoping mine will come home from the hospital today.

Um...what's gammon joint????? LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Morning Everyone!
Gordi, so happy to hear about your Mom. I'm hoping mine will come home from the hospital today.

Um...what's gammon joint????? LOL

Gammon is what we would call Ham. But they are prepared a bit different while being processed at the butcher.

Here's to hoping your Ma comes home today.

new topics

top topics

<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join