It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
G'Morn all!

@Jacy, I'm still one my first cup 'o joe myself. And looking out the window and trying to decide if I should go for my daily stroll or hold off. (I should look at the local forecast, eh?)

OK, just looked at the radar and it seems the majority of the rain has passed, but of course being on Lake Erie means the forecast is rarely right.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi everyone!. Hope you had a great easter and you eat lots of eggs (Or drank lots of beer
). Im off work this week. Im just packing my camera gear for a shoot up in the lake district hopefully tomorrow. Dern i need a bigger bag!..Where am i gonna put my food
. The weather is bad here today. Plenty of rain so im just sat here drinking coffee
..Excuse the neck breaking sideways picture LOL..
edit on 4 22 2014 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hi jacy.....the avatar suggestion made me giggle.....but she's not really me...I'm needing earth energies at the moment ...and that's what I'm working with.

Hi Doc....I used to do a lot of sailing up on Windermere....absolutely love The Lakes....it was a toss up between moving further north or down south, I've decided on down south for the time being. Wish I was heading up to the Lakes...I could do with rambling about and a spot of wild camping.

Everyone else......I'm watching you

*flitpoof*......into the attic....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Ohhh... you do not want to watch me for too long. I know how bad I am with camera lenses, so I can only imagine the ocular damage that would result from surveilling me for any length of time!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDoctor46

Oh Doc...

Do not worry about the orientation of the image in your last post. I once authored a thread in which every one of the images I posted came out upside down! Turns out, if you take a picture with an iPad, then it will display correctly as long as you use the iPad to view it, but on everything else, it requires flipping. This was a fact which escaped me until WELL after the four hour editing window had elapsed!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hey Dawg!

Re: The Owl...
I'm just using a 1" chisel so far, and I have a much smaller chisel for the finer detail later on.

I've never tried this before, but always felt like giving it a go!
Saw a Pine log at the side of the road... and thought hmmmm... that looks about the right dimensions...

I Don't have a template or even photos to work from! Just trying to "fit" an owl into the existing knots and grain!! LOL

I have No Idea how it's gonna turn out, but am really enjoying trying. I find it a wee bit... therapeutic? relaxing?

Would LOVE it if you carved ANYTHING into that tree wood! Love the sound of Bear/Eagle/Dawg and kids! (Kids would be harder I imagine??) Go for It!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hi guys

I'm beginning to think that 'ol Tim is a cursed blessing for ya Cody. LOL Everybody needs a nemesis.

Nemesis I don't mind, but at least not a muppet.

Cody, you would have loved it! There were more bikes down on Southend Seafront than I have seen for many years.

Yeah traditionally amongst the biker community this was the first official ride out weekend, I usually go to Hastings, and have a laugh with the Morris dancers. They are generally a scream.

Hope all is as well as can be with you all

Welcome home [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ Jane and Jacy ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Cody

ETA: Hi Doc
Enjoy the lakes mate

edit on 22/4/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gbro

I was just looking at your owl
Coming along nicely, I'd highly recommend investing in a set of carving chisels you can pick them up second hand pretty cheap and you'd see the difference immediately.

Just a thought mate

Cody

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
OK, I am on Dinner Duty again tonight!

Who is up for Rump Steaks BUT done in a very different way??

This is great if you want to prep the meal in advance and not spend too much faffing about with the actual "cooking".

Coat your steaks in mushroom ketchup (or Soy Sauce), and liberally sprinkle with Chinese 5 Spice!
Leave to marinade for a wee while, top with a couple of freshly sliced rings of onion, then wrap in (garlic) buttered Foil to seal in the flavour & moisture.

When you're ready... Stick 'em in the Oven at about 180C for 25-30minutes.

It's THAT easy, and it never fails!

Serve with your fave accompaniments (Heavy Metal or a String Quartet!!) and away you go.

nom nom - Trust me! LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Damn Gordi!

That sounds pretty bloody tasty!

*drowns in own saliva*

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

That reminds me of a Beverly Hillbillies episode where Jed had carved a statue of Granny out of a tree. When asked how he had done beautiful work he replied, "I just carved away everything that didn't look like Granny."

a reply to: cody599

Carving/Chisel sets can be pricey, even second hand. My sis is asking quite a lot for her late husbands set. But it is extensive. I think my Dad told me $1000.00. I like to do art...but at that price, not that much!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I've already prepped dinner and now Gordi has me wanting to change my mind. I keep thinking, "Be strong T and fight the temptation." But it ain't working dammit!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hiya guys!

Just popping in to say Hi.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and time off with loads of choccy.

I have a few RL things I have to sort out at the moment, (sooo much fun, NOT) nothing drastic but my mind is on a lot of things at the moment. All good though. Getting sorted slowly.

Much love and massive hugs to all.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Why do I get the feeling that you, like many of us, actually like getting things sorted out. And when everything is such, we cry..."Crap! I'm bored!"

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I know right?

It's not right, sitting there minding my own business, then suddenly accosted by all manner of imaginary flavours! It's like a brute force hack attack on the mind! MY FORTRESS HAS BEEN VIOLATED!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Well, I hope that whatever you are sorting out, has been, and is progressing at a pace you find acceptable and comfortable!

Although, I would point out, that if it is not fun then it might be wise to remember that humans have limited lifespans, and in the spirit of packing as much pure refined fun into every second as you possibly can, no one would think the worse of you if you said "Screw it. Time to drink like a pirate, swear like a sailor, and find some mischief!" .

I hope the things that are on your mind are not too strenuous, and that if they ARE, that they cease to weigh as heavy as time progresses!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Hiya Dawg! LOL, as much as I want to be organised and in control it really isn't working out at the moment.

Bring on the boredom lol, the sooner the better.

Hows the weather over there? Is it treating you any better yet?

Hiya True! LOL, I don't need any encouragement! I'm trying to avoid all alcohol, swearing and mischief, especially the mischief.

I keep thinking about it though, just going to Newport for the night and forgetting about all rules and good behaviour. I want to end the night with no voice left, puking between cars and knowing that the cops have enough overtime for a month.

So anyway I've grounded myself and I shall be sent to my room if I even think of going out.

Did you manage to avoid getting more sunburn over the weekend?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes...

I did manage not to be burned, but my methodology was somewhat unorthodox. I did not have any sunblock, and the weather report had predicted rain. There was no rain until much later, so I wore my trenchcoat, and let my hair down to cover my face.

It was hellish warm under the leather, but at least there was no lasting damage!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That's one way of doing it I suppose.

I'm really lucky here, at least one part of the garden is shaded at all times. If I'm out and about though I have a thin white wincheater type jacket. Everyone else around here was in shorts and flip flops at the first break in the clouds last month LOL.

I got burned last year, I think I must have had heat stoke for a week!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ah that sucks. There is little that has quite the capacity to embugger a person, as having various parts of their anatomy cooked by raw sunlight. I hate heat stroke with vast passion. Some mornings I wake up, open the curtains long enough to give the sun the finger, and then close them again while I ready myself for the days exploits.

new topics

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join