It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 275
<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hi True!

yeah, I read about your sunburn earlier, you should drink plenty of water, cure yourself from the inside out. Not that I have any right to comment on health lol. Do as I say not as I do.

I'm really backwards about going out lol, I'm surrounded by stunning natural beauty, mountains in all directions and low crime. I hate it. I've been going back to Newport a lot recently, I think I'm in some sort of culture shock. I'd rather be sat on a bench by a muddy ugly river sharing rollies and tinnies with sirens in the background. It's home.

I know it probably sounds counterintuitive but I breathe better there too, regardless of the pollution.

Four mile stroll? LOL, that sounds like an epic mission.

Hows work going? You getting many customers in with the better weather?

Hi Night!

Have you tried putting half as much water in the percolator? Use the same amount of coffee though, then add plenty of sugars and double cream for added energy. Works brilliantly.

I'm not sure what Homer's up to but I'm excited to see!

How's the weather over there?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
LOL, Hiya Tsu! I love a good cup of strong coffee. As long as there is enough sugar and cream, I'm good to go. On my second cup now. Still no energy.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You're on your second cup...I'm on my second POT of coffee, still no energy, lol.

*hugs* everyone....sorry, I'm in a weird mood today....still depressed.
Of course, the SNOW might have a lot to do with that!

jacy

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

jacygirl
reply to post by TDawgRex
....You would *poof* yourself all rainbow-glittery and sashay around the forest!

...jacy

NNnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooo!!! G!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Hi Guys I'm home,

And extremely grateful for it.

Cody, years ago, Mark actually saw someone get decapitated in a motorcycle accident. YIKES! Some guys have lost legs...please be careful!!!!!!

I'm always careful Night, if there is a even the slightest doubt about something, I go with that that instinct, and thanks for your concern.

Gbro you got mail

Cody

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Yeah, things are going well. I have had steady business all day, and I have been keeping topped up with fluids. Luckily, the burn has subsided somewhat since Sunday, so I can no longer be used as a hotplate in emergencies!
In addition, I find myself much more able to get stuck in to work related tasks with gusto, rather than wincing every thirty seconds when I move my arms! The actual redness is much less harsh as well.

With regard to my surroundings, I have to say, if you gave me a choice between Epping forest, and Southend Seafront, I would choose the forest every time. In a choice between hanging out in Cardiff for the night, and bedding down in the Brecon Beacons, I would pick camping out in the hills.

I live in a busy little town, and the scenery around my place is not that great. Oh, there is the view across the Thames Estuary to consider, but really and honestly, this is not a place of much natural beauty. The first time I encountered the real wilderness, the real rugged terrain of Wales, at the age of fifteen, that was the first time in my whole life, that I ever felt as if I remotely belonged there. In short, I would pick the most rugged camping, over the most opulent hotel room every single time!

I suppose that is why I love going for a wander so much. I remember a particular occasion, when myself and a female former acquaintance of mine, decided to do a little hike. Twenty kilometers later we stopped walking long enough for her to change her clothes, and then walked into town to get a beer lol!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Sorry to hear you are still depressed. Sucks that I won't know for another 1 to 4 weeks if my new pill will help. If it doesn't, I'll have to wait weeks again for something else to kick in. Sigh. Just don't give me any of your snow. LOL

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I would choose the ocean over a forest any day. I love both, but there is something about the ocean that draws me to it. And I would much prefer a hotel room over roughing it in the wild.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Cody - Your new work clothes have arrived.

Nice fit!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

LMAO

You have NO idea just how close you are Gbro, I can see ANOTHER HR meeting coming up soon, I'm Going to start with this statement.

"If you, apologise to him, for putting him in a position you legally are not allowed to put him in, and you, apologise to him, for blowing up the way you did, everybody has their apology, everybody has there pound of flesh, everybody's principles are intact, everybody's egos have been massaged, you can both stop acting like children, we can all kiss and make up, and we can all get on with the business of dragging this sodding workshop to a healthy profit making machine rather playing the bloody school snitch, and wasting valuable production time sitting around a bloody table talking bollocks. "

That should get their attention

Cody

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Night Star

I would choose the ocean over a forest any day. I love both, but there is something about the ocean that draws me to it. And I would much prefer a hotel room over roughing it in the wild.

I'm with you Night

I never feel more at home than when next to a large body of water, if it happens to a wooded area then so much the better.

Cody

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

cody599

Night Star

I'm with you Night

I never feel more at home than when next to a large body of water, if it happens to a wooded area then so much the better.

Cody

You're sooooo gonna LOVE The Island!! (it has both! ...and cliffs.... and marsh... and beaches... and heather... and hills... and...PUBS!)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You could have just put pubs and stopped there LOL

Cody

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

jacygirl

You're on your second cup...I'm on my second POT of coffee, still no energy, lol.

*hugs* everyone....sorry, I'm in a weird mood today....still depressed.
Of course, the SNOW might have a lot to do with that!

jacy

Whaat?
Did the neck & shoulder rub not do the trick???
I may need to UP the Ante!!!! LOL

(looking out the scented candles... stoking the log burner... chilling a nice bottle of Rose wine... G o T box set in the DVD player...)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Hey Tsu!
You do realise that the gathering's "Mysterious island" is... kinda... mostly outdoors? LOL

By the Sea.... with Forests and Hills.... Sea Breezes and stuff!!!
...and I will probably gently "suggest" walking up to the highest point to see the view at some stage??? no?

OK - you can sit in the cafe/pub and we'll tell you all about it!! LOL

Hey - you never did tell me what your fave drinkypoo is???? (So I can stock up!!)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
CODY - I have popped a wee video link into the "post a funny" thread for you!

HERE's a LINK to the POST

For everyone else - here's the video itself!

PLEASE NOTE: Gentlemen - Do NOT try this at home IT CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one that drinks super-coffee.

Jaky-Sis! Massive hugs. Sending virtual ice cream with cookie pieces and hot chocolate.

((((((((((((((((((JAKY))))))))))))))))))))))

True the B Beacons are a registered Dark Sky Reserve now. I think there's only six in the world? I very nearly camped there last November but my reason for going crumbled behind the sun. I think I sulked for about a fortnight after that. I had the photo threads planned and everything.

I wouldn't have walked it though, I had a lift planned.

20 KMs is pretty hardcore, you're like the people I go up the line with. They call it a short walk when I go with them, it's about two hours, the walk we do. I couldn't tell you how far though, it's all up and down hill so whatever it is it seems doubled.

Glad work is going good.

Hiya Gordi! Hehe, I love the Tim bashing pics you do. As soon as I get a new boss you will be the first to know. I spent an entire afternoon with an ex-colleage drawing stick men scenarios for our boss to get in.

I miss having a boss to pick on.

Hiya Cody! I think you should put the pic up in Tim's office with a plaque underneath saying 'Employee of the Month'.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Don't tempt me Tsu

It wouldn't be the first time I've used replies on ATS as evidence, or to remind of something.

I've got Palestine and Israel on the phone at the moment, pffft peice of cake LOL

Cody

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Gordi, I'll be OK to clime, I can't promise not to mutter obscenities under my breath though about the lack of stairlifts.

Is it high? LOL, I'm gonna be going up the mountain here now with a heavy rucksack practicing. OK, maybe just a handbag.

I will definitely be OK with sealevel and forests, I'm used to the flat. Not twenty KMs though, I think the most I have ever done is about eight. Fours miles either side of a twelve hour shift. I gave up smoking for about four months and I couldn't believe the difference.

It's been on my mind for a while to stop again, not just because of all the hills but it's a lot of things really. I'm kind of in two minds, excited and scared to do it if you know what I mean. I have definitely been giving it serious thought.

I can't type, meh...

edit on 1542014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

ROFL! Any chance you could use your skills on the Obama lovers/haters?

new topics

top topics

<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join