It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 238
<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer
reply to post by TDawgRex

Dawg!
A "Dougism"?
Is your name Doug??

My wee one is Called Dougie!!

That's IT!!!
WHERE WERE YOU, on a night in November/Decmber 4 and 1/2 years ago????? HUH HUH??????
I KNEW IT!!!! I KNEW IT!!!! LOL
He's even got the big floppy ears, and can wag his tail like a Tsu!!!

I knew he was too good lookin' and smart to be mine

LOL

Yep, Sho 'nuff!

Well if he's good lookin' then I know he's not mine either!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hiya Shedders.

Hugs.

Hi Gordi, you know I'm a pain in the R's, well, I normally just snack in the evening, if I eat at all. I've been panicking about this since I booked the flight! I do eat meals sometimes but I really am the caffeine/nicotine type. I know, I know.

Hi Codynuff and Dawg.

Any luck catching Jane?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Tsu322

Any luck catching Jane?

I was thinking of putting clear plexiglass over the rear door and the hole in the ceiling. That way, when she tries to run from one door to the other or stick her head in the hole...she'll knock herself out and we can tie her to a chair to calm her down.

But then again, since she nicked the bottle of rum, I'm sure that she'll relax a bit tonight after knocking back a few and stick around.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Tsu322
Hiya Shedders.

Hugs.

Hi Gordi, you know I'm a pain in the R's, well, I normally just snack in the evening, if I eat at all. I've been panicking about this since I booked the flight! I do eat meals sometimes but I really am the caffeine/nicotine type. I know, I know.

Hi Codynuff and Dawg.

Any luck catching Jane?

LOL - ya dafty!
You can eat as much or as little as ya like!

I think we only have one rule and it's no smoking inside the flat I'm afraid!
(My dear old mum has Emphysema)

What snacks do you like then??? and I'll see what I can do!
Or.... I can do snacky... "help yourself" finger-buffet type meals for you???

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Dawg.... Clingfilm! (saran wrap??) is the way to go.
Stretch it tight across the doorway and it becomes practically invisible!
If anyone walks/runs/unicycles into it, they wont get hurt, but they will stop in a hurry when they feel it "hit" their face.

I mean...I've maybe heard that it... kinda works.....haven't... wouldn't do it personally..... of course! ahem...
(Also works on toilets, but is more messy!!!! ROFL!!!!!)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Haha, I like your thinking.

Anyway, I'd like to make a request, could I have a shout out to all my peeps in the Shed please.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Thank you!

I saw the conversation at turning to snails, haggis and celery, I nearly had a heart attack! Which is quite possible considering my lifestyle.

I've already planned ahead with the nicotine, my Dads doctor has been nagging him to give up smoking so I can get patches. I alread have the vape and lozenges here anyway. I'm well trained since the smoking ban.

Cling film does sound like a better option thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Tsu322

Thank you!

I saw the conversation at turning to snails, haggis and celery, I nearly had a heart attack! Which is quite possible considering my lifestyle.

LOL - I can assure you that ALL of the talk regarding seafood, snails, haggis and celery was all just a Joke!
(...that was basically a list of things that I have NOT to serve to Cody & co.!!)

Don't worry about a thing! I've hardly ever lost a guest because of the food! Well, not recently anyways...
and.... Thanks to Night, I have a way of disposing of the remains when I do! (Yes, Night - I REMEMBERED!!!! Mwahahahaaa!!!)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I had totally forgotten about that!

And it's a hell of a lot cheaper than PlexiGlass.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Righty,
I am about to head for my bed!
Hey! I am a poet and don't even know it.
I'm going to look through a book,
to get a theme for my dream.
Then snuggle up tight when I turn off the light,
whilst shutting my eyes and whispering bye-byes.
I'll sleep really deep,
then I'll Yawn at the Dawn!
'Cause I'm not really ME, 'til that first cup of Tea.
But I know the first thought that pops in my head....Will be of my friends who reside in the Shed!

Goodnight everyone.

[[[Jacy]]] You have a wee pm and your pin is all baggied up and ready to go!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Hehe, I thought you would have noticed Nights post. It made me smile.

LOL, I don't really know what I'll be like yet. I'm kinda like a snake, eat until I can't move one day then not need to bother. I have high hopes for when the shtf, unless my rizlas get wet, then I'm buggered.

How is Mam anyway? I meant to ask in my last post? Is she getting about any better?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Haha, brilliant.

Nighty night, sleep tight.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Tsu322

Haha, brilliant.

Nighty night, sleep tight.

Wow! Gordi's hitting the hay early! It's what 2300 over there?

I can't sleep until at least midnight myself.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Oh my God, you guys cracked me up today. Too bad I missed all the fun. Jane must be exhausted with all her flitpoofing. LOL

Gordi... "and.... Thanks to Night, I have a way of disposing of the remains when I do! (Yes, Night - I REMEMBERED!!!! Mwahahahaaa!!!)"
HUH? What'd I say? What'd I do?
Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Helllllooo is anyone home? I brought flowers and chockolate and Cody's new tu tu.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yea, I'm still hanging out. But you can keep the chocolate as I'm having a beer at the moment and digesting. I don't think that the two would go together right now.

But thanks anyways!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Chockolate goes with anything. Ask a chockoholic. Good to see you Dawg! I bet Syx and maybe Foss will be around soon. The night shift isn't always reliable. LOL I might go find a movie to watch and make some ciggs, but I shall be back. Hold the fort, I mean the shed.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

**ears perk up** I knew I heard someone calling. Force of habit, as the "helping" part of my volunteer work begins tomorrow, and my name will be ringing all over the place. In more interesting news, for working the sale, I got to pick out an item for myself. Well, the item was an out-of-print set of tarot cards, which according to Amazon is worth $100 used. Not bad for a free item - and just for curiosity sake, I tried them out last night on a specific question. Two layouts gave me the same "answer" to my question. Even if I don't use them, they are very artistic - I may just keep 'em for the pictures.

Anyway, I'm here, browsing the various forums and will be checking in on & off, as I always do.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Foss, what kind of volunteer work will you be doing?

I've tried to do such in the past, just to keep my resume alive, but no one seemed to be taking any one in. The animal shelter is staffed by people who owe community service. Habitat for Humanity told me they already had to many people. I even offed to work for the local gun range for free and was told they couldn't afford it. (Insurance costs, etc, etc) So now I just work on my buds farm when he needs a hand. But I can't do that daily as he lives a hour away. Gas costs to much to be driving that distance for free.

Well hell...I'm finding hard to keep my eyes open, I ate entirely to much for dinner. I'm going to hit the sack early I think. See you all tomorrow!
edit on 8-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I help out over at a library up by me - been helping there for about 5 years now, and plan on continuing to do it. How I got in was one day, they asked for volunteers, and seeing as I was in college with no job, I came on one of the days, and they requested that I come back & help them out the next time.

It depends on location, I guess - up here there's a lot of volunteer activities all around town. I found a lot of them on craigslist (NOTE: Not everything about that site is bad; there's a lot of genuine people on there, just looking for help). I know of at least 6 shelters that are looking for help right now. For me though, I prefer volunteer work that keeps me active - I shovel snow in the winter for some that can't do it themselves, work long hours after my real work, and help clean up yards. And then, every six months I'm out helping at a week-long sale.

Best description of my job: "I pick things up & put them down". Literally - It's my job to help lift 20-50lb boxes for various people shopping; people that have never carried that much. It's fun, because at the end of the day I can go home, get comfy, and not have to worry about work the next day.

new topics

top topics

<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join