It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

jacygirl
Sadly it will take more than money to get me on an airplane....I will need to be sedated!

jaky

OMG!!

I just found a video of Jacy on Youtubby!!!!
I hadn't realised it was her before!!! LOOKIN GOOD GIRL!!!! LOL
LINK to JACY VID

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Well, my best friend has been causing dramas over our travel arrangements to Bloodstock this year, saying that if we cannot get something finalised between now and Sunday, she is going to book a train ticket. Personally, I would rather have an unfortunate encounter with a circular saw than travel to a festival on a train again. Given that there are five months between now and the fest, and that my sister offered to drive us up, I really cannot understand why she is making such a fuss!

Also, she fails to consider that there are things far more immediate which need to be addressed in my life, business wise and personally. At the moment, it appears as if we will not travel together this year. It is a shame. It is as if the rituals and the ways we have developed over the years, to make even the journey seem a part of the experience, have ceased to hold any importance for her what so ever.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

I ain't getting on no plane, crazy fool!
LOL
Yep, that would be me. (I never say 'never' though...under the right circumstances, I would fly.)

True, what's wrong with taking the train? I take the train to Toronto sometimes, because driving in that city is crazy!

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Hi [[[[Jacy]]]]
I'm doing G R E A T !!!!!! Thank You!

Busy and Productive at work.

In fine form physically and mentally.

Full of the Joys of Spring really!

Hows the patient doing today? (I was thinking about you both last night)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

jacygirl

I ain't getting on no plane, crazy fool!
LOL
Yep, that would be me. (I never say 'never' though...under the right circumstances, I would fly.)

True, what's wrong with taking the train? I take the train to Toronto sometimes, because driving in that city is crazy!

jacy

Uh huh. OK then....
That reminds me of...
Did you remember to remember?
Don't forget to forget.
I Love to Love.
In my dream, I had a dream!...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Aww, thank you for thinking of us!
She is okay, still not really eating...just laying down or sleeping. She does seem better after the pain meds kick in, poor wee lamb.
I got up at 4:30 this morning to tend to her, and plan on staying home to keep watch.

Glad you're feeling all "Springy", hehe. The weather here is getting nice too, and I'm loving it!

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
BRB, going for bath, will be back to reply soon. Got an exciting evening of being my parents divorce lawyer to get ready for, joy.

Back soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Ok... To get from where I am, to where I am going on a train, means a) handing over a stupid sum of money to a company which always overcharges it's customers b) traveling through London with everything I need for a metal festival...EVERYTHING (think about it, armed police, aggressive stop and search, me with a massive backpack, a skull on a stick, and an assault vest with my valuables in it...get real! I would be stopped and a thorough search of my colon would be ordered just based on my appearance!), climbing up and down the stairs at the bloody tube stations, and navigating all of that with a bag that weighs about the same as I do on my back? No, I have much ....MUCH better things to do.

Like put the gear in the car, have a nice spot of lunch at a Burger King on the way, at any one of the relatively nice service stations on the motorway, and then get out of the car well rested, and carry the bags a maximum of a mile from the drop point to the campsite. THAT is the correct way to do this thing! I know this, because I have been going to festivals every year for a decade now, and my way just works properly. No delays bar the traffic, no rushing from one platform to another through throngs of halfwits and cut purses, just get in the motor, and go. Full autonomy.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Hmmm, that sounds like the definition of conflict of interests Tsu! I am sorry you are having to fill that particular role!

*hug*

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

True, well if you put it that way, driving does seem more logical.
Why does your friend have a problem with that?

I do understand. I once took a bus from here to Austin Texas. It was a nightmare of 36-hour duration, which included numerous stops and bus changes in the States. Being alone in a Georgia bus terminal at 3 a.m. was super scary. The whole thing was scary. I was a complete idiot for doing that. (It was so awful that I actually tried to borrow money to FLY back home, because I didn't want to go through it again.)

I'm sorry your friend isn't cooperating. Women, huh?

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I think it is because she has partaken of too much of the nameless inhalant over the years. She seems paranoid over the issue, and it is WAY to early in the day for that in my opinion. She is afraid that because the arrangements have not yet been finalised, photocopied, and etched into marble, that it is all going to get left till the last minute, and be a shambles. Logic would dictate, that since I am a gentleman of not inconsiderable intellect, and that I also wish for the journey to be made with harmony and ease, that I am unlikely to leave things till the last moment, and that to trust me would be sensible, since we have been mates for donkey's years, and I have never once let her down in such a fashion.

However, logic, when ones habits addle ones mind, can be tricky, which I accept and understand. It does make everything needlessly complicated however, and that I cannot abide.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That's a shame.
You'd think it would make sense to her to get dropped off at the event, instead of having to endure the train scenario...?
I can't imagine her wanting to get searched.

Maybe she will change her mind....it IS a woman's prerogative after all!
jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Oh, I nearly forgot...
I have a present for you!

Yep, a real one. LOL

It's just a little pin-badge, with two little flags crossed over one another...
One is the Saltire of Scotland, and the other is the Canadian Maple Leaf!!

(I used to work for an organisation which promoted Scotland and Scottish Businesses to trade partners around the world, and we had thousands of these little "friendship" badges for our overseas friends! I no longer work for them, in fact they no longer exist in that form, but I do still have some of the badges left, and there is just ONE little Canadian one in there!!)

I'll try and get a photo of it for you?

Now - you'll have to FLY over and collect it in person!!! LOL

There it is:
(Sorry about the rubbish photo!!)
edit on 3-4-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a photo

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Oh geez Gordi, and I would wear it SO proudly too.
If I could afford a trip, I would be there. I haven't had a holiday for many MANY years, and would love to do this. I would probably even get on a plane, but I'd bitch about it and annoy people, lol!!

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

jacygirl reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Oh geez Gordi, and I would wear it SO proudly too.
If I could afford a trip, I would be there. I haven't had a holiday for many MANY years, and would love to do this. I would probably even get on a plane, but I'd bitch about it and annoy people, lol!!

jacy

CRAZY FOOL!!!

(I've added a wee photo in my last post for you!)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Heh...

Perhaps so. All I know is that its causing me an awful lot of bother over nothing, and I am somewhat tired of people presuming on my good nature in that fashion!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

"I want a window seat!"
"No, wait...I don't want a window seat!"
"Is the pilot drunk?"
"I think I saw something on the wing!"
"Did we just lose an engine?"
"Are we gonna crash?"

I love the pin....okay, going to pawn all of my belongings, to get a one-way ticket (ONE-WAY!) to come pick up my pin.
"What's for dinner?"
"Will you play guitar for me?"
"Will you stay with the boys so me and the missus can go shopping?"

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

jacygirl

"I want a window seat!"
"Is the pilot drunk?"
"Are we gonna crash?"

I love the pin....okay, going to pawn all of my belongings, to get a one-way ticket (ONE-WAY!) to come pick up my pin.
"What's for dinner?"

jacy

Ah, the PIN is mightier than the sword!!! LOL

Dinner tonight is homemade Macaroni and Cheese,
I'm happy to play guitar for you anytime!!! LOL
and The boys quite often stay home to Look After Me so... no hang on... LOL
The missus actually doesn't have the "shopping" gene would you believe?
YES, I found THE ONE who doesn't like to SHOP!!!! Mwahaaaa!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

jacygirl

"I want a window seat!"
"Is the pilot drunk?"
"Are we gonna crash?"

"What's for dinner?"

jacy

YES, I found THE ONE who doesn't like to SHOP!!!! Mwahaaaa!!!!

Oh, give me a day and she will be cooing "such cute shoes!" before you know it!
I will need accessories to match my new pin...which is going on my denim jacket. What? You thought it was just a pin? Oh no, it's an excuse for new shoes and matching bag, lol.

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

...and Belt.... and Hat....

new topics

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join