It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 205
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

They like my sister...and me so far. But I've seen them snap at people helping my sister and of course spit as well. The Llamas are at the neighbors and they have always seemed to be disconnected and aloof...unless you have food for them. LOL

edit on 2-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Alpaca yarn. Make me some. LOL

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Morning all

You know those days you feel like this ?

Then you look at the clock

Better do some of this

And then off to work

Have a great day one and all

Cody

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hahahaha! I didn't realize how late it was. Good morning Cody and to whoever pops in soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Think I'm gonna come in here and sit for a long spell and don't mind me if I fall asleep.

Gotta put this crazy world away somewhere and pretend that I'm not here.
So far away that the sunshine will shine bright.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Hi Night Star

Good to see you back

Cody

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Welcome to tha shed gimme

Pull up a chair and join us

Cody

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Cripes!

I have missed some things! Sick ferrets! Toothaches! Depression!

God damn. Well, I love you guys and I hope you are all well!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Awww True, we love you too!!

Good morning everybody!
Cody, your messages with pics, always make me laugh...soooo funny!
Night Star, fossilera, TDawg...*squishy hugs*

Hello gimme!! Gimme gimme never gets....lol...sorry, I couldn't resist!

I'm terrified of flying, never been in a plane. Can't do roller coasters either...strictly a merry-go-round type of gal.

Just gave my little Stinky-girl her pain meds and antibiotics, now momma needs her coffee!

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hiya Jaky Sis! Massive hugs to you and our furry friend, I'm so glad it's something treatable! Have you thought of blending bananas? I had a rat on a soft diet a while ago, she ended up eating better than me haha. Baby food in jars was her favourite, especially the puddings!

Hi True, welcome home. Hows work going? Are you fully recovered yet from hte man flu?

Cody, check your PMs.

Gordi, you might want to avoid me over the next two months, or at least put a limit on the questions that I am allowed daily. I think ten questions a day is fair? Starting now, will I need to bring thermals? Is there a shop on the island? What sort of footwear does Mrs G normally take to the island?

Jane, I will contact you sometime today. Massive hugs!

Dawg, massive hugs for you too, the more you fidget the tighter I will squeeze.

Gimme, welcome to our shed! Please be aware we have a ball court for sports so absolutely no kicking balls up against the shed. It is strictly forbidden.

Everyone - Massive hugs and much love!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

TSU!!!! I missed you!

You are so funny, made me spit my coffee out and snort at the same time...lol...

I am giving her bananas, thanks for the suggestion. Also yogurt, and mashed up her kibble with warm water.

I'm SO jealous that you're all getting together! You must make videos, and take lots of pics for your poor relations across the pond. I don't know how we would do a North American version...? Two big countries, we're all pretty far apart. Hmmm....need either money or magic, lol...
*sigh*
jaky

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Hello Tsu

Work is going slowly today, at least business wise. There has been much back of house malarkey, sifting of paperwork, messing about with stock, and other such flim flammery, but other than that, little of any particular note! As for my cold, it is fully expunged from without my person, for which I am most grateful!

And how are you on this hazy, but otherwise fine day? I hope this afternoon finds you in the most fulsome of good spirits!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

jacygirl
reply to post by Tsu322

TSU!!!! I missed you!

You are so funny, made me spit my coffee out and snort at the same time...lol...

I am giving her bananas, thanks for the suggestion. Also yogurt, and mashed up her kibble with warm water.

I'm SO jealous that you're all getting together! You must make videos, and take lots of pics for your poor relations across the pond. I don't know how we would do a North American version...? Two big countries, we're all pretty far apart. Hmmm....need either money or magic, lol...
*sigh*
jaky

I missed you too Sis!

I'm not looking forward to the pics and videos hehe, I hate having my photo taken sober, let alone mashed hehe.

If I win the lottery first I will have you all brought over in private jets. Could you guys have a gathering on the border in the middle?

I did have my heart set on travelling first class by train (it's something I've always wanted to do) but it's like £4-500 for a return. Plan B is to sit next to the crapper on a flight.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Hey Gimme,
Thanks for the Tune man!
Pull up a chair, kick off yer shoes, sit yourself down by the fire, grab a hot cup of somethin' nice, and join in the fun!
(You can leave your cares and worries behind the shed door, next to mine.)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Tsu322

Hello Tsu

Work is going slowly today, at least business wise. There has been much back of house malarkey, sifting of paperwork, messing about with stock, and other such flim flammery, but other than that, little of any particular note! As for my cold, it is fully expunged from without my person, for which I am most grateful!

And how are you on this hazy, but otherwise fine day? I hope this afternoon finds you in the most fulsome of good spirits!

Hiya, I'm so glad you are feeling better!

I'm good thank you, I'm having some bursts of fulsome good spirits but it's mixed with absolute fear lol. I'm going to be booking my flights today and it makes everything so real haha.

Other than that it's all good, no dramas so I'm happy. Hows things with you?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

lol...next to the crapper is a good spot, you can check everybody out as they . to the loo!

It's funny, the different mindset on travelling between people living in small countries vs large ones.
When I was 9, my parents and I took an ocean liner from Canada (Montreal) to England (Liverpool). My grandparents picked us up in Liverpool to . back to their place near Sheffield. (approx. 2 hour drive)
Well, we stopped 3 or 4 times for tea (cold, in a jar...no thermos, hehe)...and sandwiches, because to them it was SUCH a long trip.

In North America, a lot of people commute a couple of hours every day, back and forth to work. We think nothing of driving hundreds of miles to visit someone...or take a holiday. It literally takes days to drive across Canada, 2 hours is a quick jaunt.

Sadly it will take more than money to get me on an airplane....I will need to be sedated!

jaky

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Thanks for planting the earworm Jacy!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Haha, I don't think I could ever get used to that! I think I'm going on an epic journey if I visit my mother twelve miles away. I guess if you lived here everything would be just up the road from you.

There is no way I'd ever drive, there's way too many cars on the road here and a lot of things to keep in mind, I wouldn't survive a week over your side of the pond lol.

My family does the whole stopping every hour thing haha, tea in a flask, sandwiches in foil and all that.

I did a trip from South Wales to South England about ten years ago on the back of a bike without stopping once. I was so proud of myself I told pretty much everyone I knew!

As for flying I would do it every day if I could. It's busing to our town centre that I need sedating for!

Hiya Gordi! Welcome home!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Tsu322

....Gordi, you might want to avoid me over the next two months, or at least put a limit on the questions that I am allowed daily. I think ten questions a day is fair? Starting now, will I need to bring thermals? Is there a shop on the island? What sort of footwear does Mrs G normally take to the island?....

LOL - Hi Tsougie!!! Huge Huggles at Ya!

Thermals?
Isle of Cumbrae... End of May... Central Heated Flat... Warm Pubs & Cafes... No. (Not unless it snows! LOL)

Is there a shop?
Yes. There are some local food shops, toy shops, sweetie shops, gift shops, 3 bike-hire shops, 2 newsagents, a pharmacy, a laundry, a chip shop, a butchers shop, restaurants, cafes, two museums, etc (You can pretty much buy anything there, but it's all small-scale and "quaint"!! No Big supermarkets or fancy high-street clothing stores, just small locally owned family-run businesses)
There are however, Large supermarkets, clothes / shoe shops etc. on the mainland, just a 10 minute ferry ride away!

Mrs & Footwear?
We're Jeans and T-Shirts kind of people really, so Chrissie (The Mrs!) usually wears her training shoes or (if the weather's rubbish) the lovely Timberland Boots that I bought her!!! LOL
We're right on the beach too, so sandals / crocs or some other "beachproof" footwear might be a good idea too?
There is no need at all for nice heels or anything fancy! There's no where on the Island that's "posh" enough to wear them!! AND we do have a tendency to go on "spur of the moment" walks, so I'd probably just recommend Trainers, walking boots and a pair of sandals!

ALL QUESTIONS WELCOME!!!!! I'm more than happy to answer them.

You'll LOVE the Island. It has a remarkable sense of "peace" and serenity about it. (This shed kind of reminds me of it, in a way!!)
There are the most amazing panoramic views, loads of fresh-air! and wildlife abounds!! (Deer, Seals, Polecats, Otter, Buzzards, Hen harrier, numerous seabirds - it's a nature lovers dream basically!)
It's also very Laid-Back, kind of Old-Fashioned but in a nice way?? very friendly Locals (unless you're Welsh - They HATE the Welsh!!! - Just kidding!!)
There's also loads of quirky little "local-interest" things to do and see - if you know where to look!
*The Hidden Tunnel!
*The Rock Mouse!
*The Crocodile Rock!
*Indian Rock!
*Lion Rock
*Haunted Pier!
*The Worlds 1st Flushing Toilet!!! (Well, it's basically a hole in the rocks near the beach... and it flushes with every high tide!!)
*Europe's Smallest Cathedral!
*Britain's Smallest House front! (Yes, It's in the guinness book of records to prove it!)
etc. etc.

There's an old saying there that you can leave all of your cares and worries on the ferry... You won't need them when you're on the Island, and you can always collect them on the way back if you really want to!
There's LOADS to do and see, but NO PRESSURE whatsoever to do so!
You can sit in a cafe watching boats drift by, and Seals playing in the bay, or you can Cycle the 10 miles round the Island, Hike up to the Highest Point to take in the views, then . for the water and windsurf the afternoon away!! it's entirely up to you.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Geez Dawg, it's like you're in my ., lol! I love that song!!

Gordi...*big hugs* Hiya hunny! How are you doing today?

Tsu...check your u2u mail! I couldn't wait to drive, got my license at 16 as soon as I could. To me, driving is freedom. If I am stressed, I will grab a coffee and go for a drive with the tunes blasting. It's like therapy for me.
I taught my 3 kids to drive too...also taught them to play chess and golf....you know, important stuff! (haha)

jaky

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join