It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Believe it or not, I'm trying to stay in character as true to myself.

Yea...I can be a Oaf, Dolt and "That Guy" all rolled up in one.

This one is a toughie and a challenge, but I like how it's turning out so far.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I like it too...it's hilarious! I love reading something that amuses me.
It gets easier to think 'in character' after you start your story...but I know what you mean!
Carry on.
I'll be patient.

jacy
edit on 28-2-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I do like that this has become famous enough for offers of being published, although someone will need to remind me to save all the chapters before this thread reaches the danger zone (aka, 400 pages), as I still want an ebook on hand.

Another chapter from my end may be coming, as I've found a couple spots to insert a continuation of events from my end.

Who hasn't told their opening tale yet?

-fos

Also, I noticed that we're creating a "landscape" of sorts in addition to the story; might be kind of neat to create a map once the story has ended.

edit on 28/2/2014 by fossilera because:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

I might work on the map of the realm after my son goes to bed tonight...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The trial of TDawg

The woods seemed to be thinning and he could smell food. It caused him to start to salivate, which was rare unless he was the one cooking. Clearly, a Master was at work nearby.

“Oh yea! Hungry!” He immediately switched from slouch back to striding mode again picking up his pace. “That smells good!”

Catching himself, he pulled up and crotched behind a bush. “They seem too friendly…it has to be a trap!” he thought. “I think I best watch for a bit.”

But the Master was flipping meat on the grill like no other he had seen (except for himself) and the temptation was very alluring. Everyone had a cup in their hand and the Master Chef had a beer. But something seemed out of place.

“Where’s the Keg?” he thought. “Yea, it has to be a trap. Good grub and no Brew-Has….nothing good can come from this.”

“You really are paranoid, you know that?” said the voice. “If you want to meet me, you’ll have to come into the open, I’m here at the table. We all know you’re here after all.”

“Son of a…” TDawg sat back on his keister. Something he hadn’t been able to do for a year. It took him aback.

He looked up at the sky. “So am I dreaming or is this real? I have to know.”

The voice for the first time spoke in an amused tone. “It’s a bit of both. You’re like a child and have much to learn. But it is up to you.”

“Well, hell. Here’s goes nothing.” TDawg stood up and stepped out into the clearing.

(The rest will be up to y'all because I truthfully don't know where to go from here)

edit on 28-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
oh come on Dawg, you can write more!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

HomerinNC
oh come on Dawg, you can write more!

Fantasy writing is new to me. I usually write what I know. Military and Sci-Fi. (Sci-Fi is pretty easy with the exception that it has so many authors, so a new tact is hard.)

Had to edit out the cook part and put in Master Chef for you.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Even above the cacophony of voices and music, Night Star thought she heard something at the door. When she opened it, there was a very bedraggled man surrounded by 16 pink gerbils, a smelly fierce looking cat, a bunch of dogs, a portable fire pit and other possesions. In the distance was another man. "well, well, well, what do what we have here?" asked Night Star. "More guests for our party it seems." She struggled to help the first man up and waved the other one over. "I think you and your cat might want to get cleaned up for the party. Your dogs and gerbils will love the shed." she stated

He looked at her strangely and kept asking questions. "Don't you just love a good mystery?" she asked. "Don't worry about a thing, in time all shall be answered." She pointed out the shed and instructed him to bring all his animals and possesions. She told him the sprites would make a nice hot bath for him and give him new clothes. What she didn't tell him was how mischievious they could be and stifled a laugh. "When you're ready just pop into the big house. We'll be waiting." Night Star then waited for the man in the distance. He looked like he was talking to himself.
edit on 1-3-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Night was relieved that rain had finally stopped. She felt a strange and wondrous feeling welling inside her. She could sense him...the white wolf. The one whos' life she saved when he was but a pup and he had returned the favor later in life when she was in danger in the enchanted but evil black forest. Soon he would be here and they would be re-united once again.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I am so impressed with the quality of writing and imagination coming from everyone here.
Also touched, and grateful that you are all participating.

I'm loving all the different characters, and their perspectives as the events unfold.
It really feels quite magical to me.

I am presently making notes, so that each character's unique personality can be portrayed more fully.
I want everyone to get equal time in the story.
Hopefully it won't take me too long to get something going, lol.

I'm really blown away, that so many of you wrote about your 'travels' to the Rainbow Land.
You are all very important to me, just know that.
jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Dear Readers,
To anyone who is reading along quietly....I would like to thank you for being here with us.
I'm currently working on gathering info about each character's journey, so that it can all be incorporated into the next section, which will be 'The Party'.

So far, here is a list of the active characters: Jane, TrueBrit, Night Star, Tsu, Gordi, crappiekat, fossilera, grayeagle, Homer, TDawg, Cody, Rodinus, Serdgiam, TheDoctor46, Jacy.

If you would like to participate, please feel free to jump in! You can write the story of how you got to the Rainbow Land....or, just simply post a reply stating that you would like your 'character' to attend the party. This is an open invitation for anyone to join in at any time...please don't think that this is a clique....and yes, you will be welcomed!!

Now, I've noticed that we have more male characters at this time. So I've posted a pic of one of the 'girl days' in Rainbow Land...a day when the boys were gone, and Mrs. Cody and Mrs. Rodinus came to visit.

Here we are....the Sisters of the Rainbow Warriors....embracing our Mother Nature, and sending our healing love to the other lost souls.

Come grow with us.
jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Mornin Jacy!!
I'm just sitting here having my mornin coke n smoke
I'm loving all the installments so far
As far as the realms go, give me a description of it. I assumed we were in a valley, surrounded by mountains on at least one side, as the way the disc swooped down and skimmed the grassy plains
if you can give me an idea i can do a map or the realms
also I can render a house in 3d if you give me a description of that as well

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Hey hun!
I'm so glad you're enjoying it....I feel guilty for not adding another section yet (but I'm loving reading everyone's contributions).

The property that I'm basing my story on, is from a picture that Jane added to the other thread. It was a house and shed painted in rainbow motif, and then a rainbow camper van on the property (that supposedly belongs to Gordi).
In my mind, I see this property surrounded by thick lush forest. Beyond that, yes...kind of a vast wasteland...and further in the distance, mountains.
If you would like to map that out, then I say go for it!
Everything that anyone contributes just makes the story more personal and interesting!

Can I borrow a light? My bic just died.
jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I can lend you my zippo but its my FAVORITE lighter and the only one I use, I misplaced it ONCE and went catatonic trying to find it, so it stays in arms reach

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Here's the house...

And here's the shed with Gordi's camper....

And here's the Bureaubeastie that I am fixing and painting for the writers....should be ready by tomorrow...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Oh bless you Jane!
I've been frantically trying to find the pics, lol.

Hey, has anyone seen the movie 'Wanderlust' with Jennifer Anniston and Paul Rudd? It's about a Manhattan city couple that end up living in a commune full of interesting people. (hippy-environmentalist-earthy-artsy people)
I laughingly think about that movie when we're all writing about the Rainbow Land.
jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Might work on something like that, I was seeing in my minds eye something more like the House of Elrond...

edit on 3/1/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Niiiiiice....needs some colour though!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Definitely House of Elrond inside, lol.
The outside, the smallish structures with rainbow motif...that's what people 'see' on the outside.
Inside, there are hallways, chambers, a ballroom....but it's magical, so you can change the décor with focus and intent!
There really is no right or wrong...I just choose to use the pics from Jane as my base, because she is the one who started all this.
I just moved into the shed.

jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Well as long as the weather is always nice outside and there aint no mosquitoes, I'd be sleeping outside. Zack would probably want a room tho

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join