It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I guess I'll just sit here and read my book while waiting on the answer

see what I did there?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Meh, don't you just hate it when you get one sentence in and someone interupts you.

I have a public reply from Masqua (Super Moderator) on Springers thread.

I said...

Hiya Springer. I hope you are well. Could I just ask for a little clarification please? If I were to say things like; *Tsu strolls into thread and waves," or *Tsu puts kettle on" Is that OK? I think people are worried that we cannot say things like this and there seems to be confusion. I understand the bit about not speaking about illegal things and bearing in mind a young audience but what about general roleplay such as the above examples? Thank you for your time, Tsu

Masqua replied directly...

Yes, it would be fine. Collaborative posts don't have to be huge or wordy. They do, however, need to be acceptable to the other members involved in the collaborative effort. Let me put it this way... suppose someone decided to start posting in ways that were not appreciated by the others involved and complaints were made to staff. How would it look in a story like that if there were post removals scattered all through the thread? Not good, right? Collaboration means agreeing to abide by the 'spirit of the venture' and I am totally behind any group that wants to try it. I'm also going to be there to help out if problems come up.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I then asked for further clarification on Springers thread...

Thank you Masqua! I am currently involved in a collaborative piece that is being worked on by ATSers in Jacygirls' 'The Shed". It's so much fun. It's the first I have ever tried collaborative writing and I am loving every second. Could you also advise on the boundaries of 'roleplay' in non-collaborative pieces please. For example if I were to post... "*Tsu leaves Springers thread and goes to BTS" ...as an outro to this post would it be considered a violation of T's n C's? Thank you very much for your speedy reply to my last post and thank you again for reading this one. Tsu

Kosmic Jack (Super Moderator) replied on Springers forum... (but not in direct reply to me)

No one is saying that role-play is not acceptable in the proper context for example ... *blushes* to portray a mood, or something funny to add to the thread content or posts in threads designated for that type of content - as long as it's T&C compliant. What ATS is looking to avoid is running role play commentary on a member's every activity while in a topical thread (adding no significant content), dragging down the data base with long-running never-ending role play, sexually suggestive role play or a "Second Life" / ICQ Chat like atmosphere in the off topic forums at large...we DO have chat for that.

So there we have it people. Happy days.

Group hug! (((((((((())))))))))

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Now that everything's good to go, PLEASE get TDawg away from my grill!!!!

I'm glad we are getting our stuff getting back in full swing

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Enter Fossilera

Cold, and weary of winter - he stood but 6 ft tall on the crest of the North Mountains. Below, away to the left stood the remains of his once trusty craft, the one that propelled him hundreds of light years and though plentiful wormholes, and ultimately brought him to this desolate, wasteland. Because he looked like any other human, barely old enough to be called an adult, his presence on the mountain did not disturb the scarce folk that lived there; they, considering him a loner and nothing more than wolf food, left him as he was.

One day though, something brought him to look over to his right, where an ancient forest lurked in the fog below. Nestled at the base of the closest peak, the forest seemed to stretch onward.

"Odd", he mused, "There appears to be a burning at the very foot of the woods". Because his curiosity of the world was great, and having not much else to do, he started the laborious task of starting down the mountain, barefoot. Yes, barefoot. As all people know, some of the older folk living on the mountain had no need to cover up from the snow, as it was said they had anti-freeze in their very blood.

Upon safely reaching the foot of the wood, he hesitated.

"Something's not right", said his intuition, "The very aire here feels...different - it glistens and sparkles, winding around trees as water does to pebbles in a stream". No words could describe the feeling - In a way, it was almost, almost. "Like home", he mused. With that thought, he let the warm, loving embrace of the fog enclose him in a tendril.

As he entered, his wolf-like hearing kicked in, and he found that he wasn't alone - Far off, where the trees met the hilly ground, he heard the unmistakable sounds of someone stepping on broken twigs and branches. After some time, this noise seemed to fade, and so, he pressed onward. The flap of wings started him, but the owner of the wings startled him more - "bright scales, and bursts of flame! What wonders still exist in this world"

Just as suddenly as the fog had dragged him in, it left him, standing on the edge of a well-maintained lawn. He paused - nothing seemed amiss, but that unforgettable feeling that something wasn't right was stronger than ever. Lifting a foot, and then another, he felt the warm, soft touch of grass.

The house stood very much in the middle, with a shed, and from both spots came the sound of laughter, glasses clinking, and hissing? Some of the sparkles from the woods danced around his head, and, giggling, they flew off to the shed. Suddenly, the door opened with a "Bang!", and as a deer is often caught in the headlights, so was he.

Three people stood there, watching; a rather fine gent, who immediately held out a hand in greeting, and two women, one with the kindest look in her eyes, and a wide smile, the other with several of pixie-like things floating around her, a bemused expression watching.

Backing away slightly, he was greeted by a voice that stilled his fears. "It's alright" it said, "This is the place where all weary souls are welcome". Looking up, he saw that the one in the middle, probably the elder of the three, was speaking. She continued "You are welcome to come and go as you please - many already do so; My name is Jane, and these two find people you see next to me go by the names Truebrit, and Night Star".

He looked, and then as if his fear took flight with the fog, managed to stammer out "Mine would be Fossilera, and I wouldn't mind hanging around for a bit. Have I missed the majority of the party"?

"Certainly Not!!!" scoffed TrueBrit.
"The composer for our theme song hasn't even arrived yet" sighed Night Star.
"And what, have you miss out on dinner?" Jane laughed. "Come on in!"

-fossilera

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Very cool chapter in The Shed

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Hey, don't mind me. I'm not doing a thing but sitting here and staring off into space.

Flippin' tired and zoneing out, but it's to early to go to bed and I don't want to wake up at O dark thirty.

Must stay awake...for...one...mor...

One more hour

Aw screw it...I'm done in. Maybe I'll see the shed in my dreams. See y'all in the morning! Or maybe even tonight.
edit on 27-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
"Fossilera, what an interesting name." said Night Star to the handsome young man. "Here you will meet many kindred spirits and wondrous animals. There is much that we can teach you about the magic of this place." Night smiled warmly as Jane placed a meal before him. "I'm sure your journey has been a long one and there are many questions that might need answering, but for now have something to eat and relax before the rest of our company arrives." Sophie sniffed the young man from beneath the rainbow colored table then proceeded to climb up his pant leg and rest in his lap.
edit on 27-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
THE TRUDGE...

Rodinus trudged through the wet and slippery mud... muttering and grumbling as the wind and rain whipped at his face and his socks slowly rode down his legs with each step, burrowing themselves deeper and deeper into the far confines of his wellies as if they had a mind of their own.

Rodinus made a grumpy mental note to himself... "No wellies... fishing waders and decent socks (with no holes in them) the next time I decide to go out on a blumming quest that feels like something re-enacted from the bloody Hobbit books..."

The leather harness of the portable firepit bit into his shoulders and made him wince with pain as each step seemed to vibrate throughout his body...

"Blumming Firepit' he muttered, "Why the heck did I bring that thing along to the coffee thread with me?"... But then again he thought to himself stopping for a second and taking a deep long nostalgic breath... he couldn't leave all of his worldly posessions to gather dust and rot in a place where no-one could share them with him anymore?

And then he continued trudging...

Not only was Rodinus tediously dragging along on one shoulder the portable firepit stacked high with cat litter trays, gasmasks, 23 boxes of red Champagne, Tiki lights, baminton rackets (Yes, he was glad that he had managed to salvage those from the coffee thread...),
but on his other scarred and bleeding shoulder he also was also humping along his massive cast iron BBQ grill... the sausage prod occasionally deciding to have a mind of its own... prodding him spitefully in the left buttock, causing him to wince even more with each strenuous and difficult welly popping plod through the wet sticky never ending sludgy mud...

To top all of this off he was being followed by a troop of 16 parachute donned pink gerbils and the stinky killer kitten... (All of them of course who were ravenously hungry as The 6 slobbering pooches that were also following Rodinus had pinched all the Kitten and gerbil food from the top of the tottering portable firepit and were enjoying every second thank you very much...)

Constantly running in-between and around his mud clogged wellies,each one feeling like it weighed more than a ton... squeaking and squawking and generally being a hinderous furry pesky nuisance of themselves making the journey even more treacherous and difficult...

"I have had enough!" Rodinus muttered to himself... A salty tear of frustration slowly rolling down his cheek and running into the corner of his mouth causing him to taste the sweet bitterness of his ordeal... "For such a long time I was surrounded by those that I love, care for and respect and then suddenly I am cast out into the wilderness to fend for myself... life is so unfair sometimes..."

Feeling pretty sorry for himself and in general, plain down right miserable, Rodinus suddenly pricked up his ears...(As did the 16 pink gerbils, 1 Stinky killer cat and 6 pooches as well as shucks knows whatever else strange creature lurking amongst the tottering pile of bric a brac on the top of the portable firepit...)

"Hmmm" he silently said to himself... "Is that music I hear?"

He pricked up his ears a little more and turned his head with much difficulty into the wind and rain in the direction of a massive hill in the distance... he could barely see with the rainwater whipping his cheeks and trickling into his eyes, but apparently from where he was standing there appeared to be some kind of wooden building at the top of the hill above the woods and the distinct "thump thump" of music seemed to be coming from that direction.

Quickly Rodinus gathered up a new stride and sludged through the mud... faster and faster he plodded through the rain...careering around trees, scratching his face on brambles and thorns... cat litter trays and tiki lights flying all over the place as the portable firepit and BBQ grill clanked into each other, crashing and banging and making more noise than the thunder overhead...

"Nearly there" he puffed and panted with hope as he doubled his efforts to clear himself from the clinging spiteful braches of the thick forest and finally get to the large oak door with what appeared to be bag pipe music and much foot stomping coming from the other side that was barely 2 metres away from him...

And that's when it happened...

The last thing Rodinus remembered was his forehead smacking off the large wooden door and feeling himself sink into a deep blackness as the pink mud covered gerbil squawked and slipped like a banana skin from under his boot before skidding off and slapping itself with a wet sickening thud into the door too...

edit on 28/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Just been catching up on the Chapters.....great stuff from everyone.
I'm really happy that the posting issues have been sorted.....onward and upwards!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Me too. Janey Waney... I felt so gutted this morning when I switched on my computer and wanted to have a nice mug of steaming hot coffee shared amongst friends... and then came here to the magic wonderland of the Shed... (definately not purchasing my Mug that I have so longed for now...)

But my fault too for not stepping out of so called thread from time to time ad having a gander around too...(only human...)

RIGHT... back on topic huh?

Kindest respects

Rod

edit on 28/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Here....it's not coffee, but a good old fashioned brew.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Count me in but don't forget to turn it a couple of times before serving... any chance of buttered crumpets with that cup of tea?

oOOOOOOO how I miss crumpets...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Later for afternoon tea....right now its bacon and egg butties!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by Rodinus

Later for afternoon tea....right now its bacon and egg butties!

Rainbows
Jane

That is just plain wicked Jane... No sliced bread, no bacon and run out of eggs... France remember?

Aww stuff it, I'm off for a foie gras sarnie....

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Hubby had to leave early due to a water main break.

It's 5 am here I should be just getting up but I have been bumbling around for 2 hours.

Good Morning all.

I like my butties on whole wheat toast with bacon. LOL

I had to look up that term and it just so happens I eat them at least 2 times a week. I didn't know they had a name. I have always just called them "breakfast samic"

I see I missed some excitement last nite. I am going to have to go back and read it all.

Back in a few

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Good morning family!!

I just read my 'mail', and the two Mods that messaged me were both very kind. They are going to let us stay in chit-chat for now, because we are chit-chatting, lol. Nobody is upset with us that I can see.

To everybody here, I just want you to know that you have actually improved my quality of living. Do you know that? Your personalities, your loving hearts...and your magnificent writing skills, have made me feel like I actually have found my soul family, and I'm happier than I have been for a long time. Because of you.

Fossilera and Rodinus: Thank you SO much for adding your story to the mix. Superb...I'm blown away! These individual accounts are giving me a lot of inspiration, and I want the next chapter of The Shed to incorporate everyone's unique personality. Such sad lonely trails we've all been walking. But a happy ending, like I promised. We all find each other. What could be better?

Now I must grab a coffee, and catch up (and wake up!).
Feeling pleasantly emotional, lol....lucky me, to know each of you.

jacy

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
WOW !!

Well I am glad it all turned out OK. Jacy I hope you will still write.

Interesting. One thing that came to mind when reading the message from Springer and all the replies was.

CABIN FEVER.

I'm curious to know if this is a cyclical thing here on ATS.

I remember a thread a while back where The Mods talked about themselves and their history on ATS. I may go back and look through it to see if anyone mentions cycles where there is more or less of certain kinds of threads, sadness, happiness, anger etc.... at certain times of the year.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Hey crappiekat!
Yes, I will continue writing...we have the big party coming up, and I'm excited to have all the characters together!

As for 'cabin fever'...you could be onto something. At least for those of us enduring long cold winters. I don't really know, but it seems as if a lot of us just want to feel connected. I know I do.

If you feel like it, you should write us the story of how you came to be at the Rainbow Land of No Time. You don't have to, but I'm really enjoying reading everyone's 'story', so maybe that was a selfish request? lol
Anyways...glad to see you friend!
Hopefully the others will pop in to say hi.
jacy

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Hey jacygirl!

Good to hear that the mods have been sensible toward you, and this thread. It is damned good to be a part of something this fun and unique, and I think we are all pretty lucky to be involved with it!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join