It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Morning Cody...having a 'quiet' day at work are we?

Rainbows
Jane

PS....here you go True...*hands True a brew*....just made my second and one for you too.....just wait...Cody'll be back asking where his is! lol!
edit on 19-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Jane,

I love what you did with the bureaubeastie.

Did you totally strip it all the way down?

I too love finding old pieces and painting them. I really like bringing them down to the natural wood and them staining. But it's a lot of work.
I have a piece I started a while back, but never got to finish it because of the move. I still don't know how to post pictures. One of these days when life slow's down a bit I will get one of my boy's to help me. LOL "Been saying that for 2 years now" .

I'd love to see other piece's you have worked on.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jakeistheone

Welcome to The Shed Jake. Yea, this is a fast paced thread. You leave for a day and four pages will have been added. But it is a fun place. I see you're coming up on your first anniversary being a ATS member. Congrats!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Good Morning all! The last day of winter and the first day that I can remember in a long while waking up to song birds. That's kind of a nice way to start the day.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Welcome to Wisconsin Flatlander! I hope you're not moving to Milwaukee or the area. It can be a rough area. With luck, I'll moving to the Dells area this year.

Yep, the Shed moves fast.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Ahhhh...

I would tell you that you are an angel, but it's in the name!

I am drinking more tea today than normal!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Oneida County.

Got a house picked out. Now just packing and waiting for things to work themselve's out.

This process is a lot of "Hurry up and wait" Very frustrating at times. Been in my home for over twenty years. This is a big thing for us, emotionally and physically.
But once it's all been done, it will be in heaven. My backyard will be overlooking a lake, and we will be able to launch our boat out of our own back yard !!!!

edit on 19-3-2014 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Yep, the Shed moves fast.

Yes it does...

... At a top speed of fifty five miles per hour!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

So that's why I'm so tired. Damn

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Hi kat....thank you.
I don't like painting, and wont...good pieces of wood. However, when you get bits that are in such a state of repair but are still beautiful and useful I hate to see them going to the local dump.

I didn't strip Beastie, or any of my other pieces back. I use chalk based paint....it sticks to anything!
As you are interested in my other bits I have done...have a look at Tsu's thread here.....there are a few there

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bestest of luck with your move my dear....I'm hoping to be doing the same myself this summer...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

crappiekat

Oneida County.

Got a house picked out. Now just packing and waiting for things to work themselve's out.

This process is a lot of "Hurry up and wait" Very frustrating at times. Been in my home for over twenty years. This is a big thing for us, emotionally and physically.
But once it's all been done, it will be in heaven. My backyard will be overlooking a lake, and we will be able to launch our boat out of our own back yard !!!!

edit on 19-3-2014 by crappiekat because: sp

Oooohhh...one can go off people within just a couple of posts here!!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I am in stitches!
That's reminded me though....I must go dismantle my partitioning trellis fence!
Catch you all at lunchtime.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Now that's so cool!

Hope ya feel better before your party. Been fighting off a cold all winter and I think it has finally taken a foothold. Time to get some OTC cold medicine and up the anty. All this sneezing and runny nose is driving me nuts.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Since you're moving to northern Wisconsin, if you wait till summer you can always enlist the mosquitoes to help out with the move. They do get big up there. LOL

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Nice pieces.

When I do paint, I go the lazy way and use spray paint. I have painted a lot of shelves this way.

When we get into the new house I plan to attack a few pieces of old furniture.

And the nice thing about the new house is, we have a workroom down in the basement. So I can work year round. I guess we just have to do some ventilation work.

I want to try my hand at aging. I know there's another name for it. Can't think of it now.

Sometimes, they use chains in the process. OOOOOHHHH Hubby says he wants to help me with that project.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Yea, the bugs can be pests. One of the first times Hubby and I were on a fishing trip up there, we were bbqing late nite after coming off

the water, this HUGE moth came around me, I started yelling and running around. Hubby chased the thing all around the deck until he

finally killed the thing. We thought it was a bat. Felt kinda bad about that. Ended up burning the heck out of the brats.

Not a very good moment for either of us. But funny as hell. Still laugh thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by cody599

Morning Cody...having a 'quiet' day at work are we?

Rainbows
Jane

PS....here you go True...*hands True a brew*....just made my second and one for you too.....just wait...Cody'll be back asking where his is! lol!
edit on 19-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

Hi guys glad to see you all again

Slower than you can imagine Jane finished one job
And waiting on the drawings for the next on the plus side Mrs C has a nice new
chopping board

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Good Mornin Cody. Good to see You!
Puttin together a post, with some BIG Moth Pics, and a Bat fer Crappie Cat.......

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Good morning lovely Rainbow Warriors!

True, you gave a lovely morning greeting, but...what the hell is a fettle? Hope you feel ok for your birthday.

crappieKat,I hope you get settled soon. Who got banned? What'd I miss???

You killed a giant moth?
I love moths! Just don't get me anywhere near a spider! LOL

Jane, you are right that getting a restraining order could really set the guy off and make it worse and it's a chance many women have had to take. Over here, and I would imagine you must have the same, we have women's shelters where women can go to be safe before relocating elsewhere.

Who else was sick with a cold or coming down with one? TDawg? Hope you feel better soon!

Going to get dressed, Later will be going out to eat with Mom and my sister for her birthday.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hello Shed Dwellers! Hope Today will be Good for All : )

To some People who's Avy's I've seen B4 but never Met, Nice To Meet You!
Too ALL NewComers, Nice To Meet You Too! Enjoy Your Stay!

WoodsMom, Very Nice to Meet You as well! Glad yer Lovin the Dragons. Will put more up soon, tryin to get the more tame ones here, as I have some Mean Boys too! Don't want to Darken this place too much.

Gordy Thanx for the link again. Will try to look for yer place again after a bit. Still wakin up here, but for some reason, the Pub sounds good already!??
Oh, The Pic of The Jaffa Has your eyes. Hmmm, wondering if that's one of yer Jaffa/Gordy offspring, or a projected look of a Future Gordy/Jaffa Jr.? LOL!

Tsu, go ahead tease me, that's ok, but We don't have RoundAbout's in my neck of the woods. I will get You back for that though! LOL!

CrappieCat did the Moth look like this? SHot these pics last summer before we moved. He was right off the back deck, in some flowers. I thought at first it was some type of Humming Bird I'd never seen before. It's wings beat so fast they were barely perceptable! We do have some Brown, and Ruby Throat Hum's that come around there.

and speaking of Bats. I want a Swarm of these little guys!

new topics

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join