It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

I am sorry to hear of the particular crap sandwich that you have been dished out, in terms of the circumstances affecting your self and your mother at this time, and the ripples that they are causing in your life. I hope that these things come to a resolution which satisfies all expectations, without too much of a gargantuan effort!

I have been well enough by all accounts over the course of the day, thank you for asking! I had a really chilled out evening, and just thought it would be good to drop in here before grabbing a cuppa, and going to bed

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

He's a pedigree chocolate lab. He's lost half a stone in 6 months, behaving very odd, and not so keen on his food and water for the last 2 days. He's been to the vets today, and had all the usual tests...he's been put on anti-biotics and painkillers...back to the vets in 2 weeks. Doesn't sound good to be honest.

@Gordi....totally agre with Dawg...mum is far better in her own surroundings. However, I understand your concerns about her dodgy hip. Big rainbow hugs to you and yours, ( )

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Awwwww, poor Mom. I'm so fortunate that I live in the apartment above my Mom's. I've saved her life many times. She would call saying she is dizzy and I'd get down there and find her lying in a heap on the floor. Once when I was visiting, she was talking and making no sense. Then she stared off into space and was unresponsive. I called an ambulance right away. She had a mini stroke. No lasting damage though.

I do hope your Mom is especially careful whie she is home healing. I'll send the healing wizard for a visit to check up on her.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Goodnight True! Sweet Dreams!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Well, I am going to be partying right here. I know this place that does a burger so big, even this carnivore cannot consume it without use of a knife and fork! Luckily enough, it also serves a nice mixture of different booze. I cannot see how this could possibly go wrong, short of a meteor strike, which is pretty funny, considering the slightly higher than normal possibility of that happening on the 21st of this month!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Good night everyone!

Have pleasant dreams, and be well!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

angelchemuel
...Good news and mixed about your mum Gordi...but that's what families are for.
More importantly for us here....WHAT'S UP WITH YOUR HEALTH????...Spill.....
Rainbows
Jane

Ach, it's mostly the CFS (Chronic fatigue) again. I think I've just got too much going on at the moment...
Works been crazy lately, REALLY REALLY BUSY, then dead.... REALLY BUSY then dead.

I've been trying to get up to speed with the drumming for the new band, it's going well but is a lot of work too.
and.. Had to sack the mandolin player I was hoping to work with on my Folked-up project "ShoogleRoon" it just wasn't working out the way I hoped.
And mum's hip problems then her fall, and the hospital stuff - I hate hospital!!

Coming in here has been my only... release? relaxation? fun away from any pressure?
I think that's why I like writing a new song or two... it's a distraction? a release for my creative side.

Am knackered!! But not sleeping well... too much going round in my head!!

Anyways, sorry, I hate talking about this stuff. Just spills out sometimes I guess.

Wouldn't wish the CFS on my worst enemy though. It's no fun at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Night Star

Awwwww, poor Mom. I'm so fortunate that I live in the apartment above my Mom's. I've saved her life many times. She would call saying she is dizzy and I'd get down there and find her lying in a heap on the floor. Once when I was visiting, she was talking and making no sense. Then she stared off into space and was unresponsive. I called an ambulance right away. She had a mini stroke. No lasting damage though.

I do hope your Mom is especially careful whie she is home healing. I'll send the healing wizard for a visit to check up on her.

Thanks Night,
That's lovely.
I really appreciate your very kind thoughts.
G

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

angelchemuel

He's a pedigree chocolate lab. He's lost half a stone in 6 months, behaving very odd, and not so keen on his food and water for the last 2 days. He's been to the vets today, and had all the usual tests...he's been put on anti-biotics and painkillers...back to the vets in 2 weeks. Doesn't sound good to be honest.

@Gordi....totally agre with Dawg...mum is far better in her own surroundings. However, I understand your concerns about her dodgy hip. Big rainbow hugs to you and yours, ( )

Rainbows
Jane

You're right, it doesn't sound good at all. That's how my cats acted before they had to be put down.

Gordi, Hope you feel better soon Honey!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It may not be CFS but rather SAD. Think back on when the symptoms occur. I'm recovering from SAD myself, first time ever.

That's annoying. I really don't want to move to the American desert. I HATE deserts.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

OK Gordi...sending you some Rainbow zaps while you sleep tonight...you know the kind I mean.
If you'd like me to zap your mum...U2U me her name and where she lives...no offence taken if you don't want me to do either of you.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear they are messing you about.

Does she have a mobile or cordless phone, these are always pretty handy, there are also companies that could provide her with an emergency call system, private companies I think but there is also a government funded scheme for it in Newport, not sure about up there though. Google emergency call systems, I tried to put a link up but an emoticon appeared in the middle of it.

Also, does she have any neighbours or good friends that could sit with her in the days and assist with walking?

I do agree with the others in a way, she is better at home, but it's definitely an individual thing. No matter how much the staff want to help her to get around in the six weeks waiting they won't have time. Many old peoples legs get very weak in hospital due to lack of excercise and that would be detrimental, especially before a hip op.

Another avenue could be to employ private cares, I'm not sure how you would go about it though, I only have experience of institutions.

Have a peek at these links.
www.carersresource.org...

www.ageuk.org.uk...

Worlds biggest hug.

edit on 1732014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
He heard you the first time Tsu. Tsk

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

angelchemuel

OK Gordi...sending you some Rainbow zaps while you sleep tonight...you know the kind I mean.
If you'd like me to zap your mum...U2U me her name and where she lives...no offence taken if you don't want me to do either of you.
Rainbows
Jane

Thank You my guardian angel!
Didn't I tell you that your wand sucks?? LOL

U2U on it's way!

Gx

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

TDawgRex

It may not be CFS but rather SAD. Think back on when the symptoms occur. I'm recovering from SAD myself, first time ever.

That's annoying. I really don't want to move to the American desert. I HATE deserts.

Yeah, I have joked in the past that I think I am solar powered! (It does get a bit worse in dull/grey/winter weather)
But I've had it for 10 years now and it was at it's very worst (in the early days) during the summertime.... so???? Who knows.

SAD may be a factor, but not the full picture I'm afraid.

cheers!
G

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

U'd you back

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Aww Thanks Tsu - Yeah we've got her a mobile, AND cordless phone system.
She moved to sheltered housing (for the elderly) about 9 or 10 years ago and has the full emergency pull-cord call system and on-site caretaker (during the daytime) in place too.

Her main problem is herself! Being set in her ways and too proud to ask for help etc.

I don't think we could afford private care assistance at the moment, we already had to do that for my in-laws and it's very cost prohibitive!
The NHS care system is ok, ONCE IT'S in place! But they do take an age to sort anything out and my mum told them SHE IS FINE!!! So that she could get home. (That's what I meant by "own worst enemy!!")

Anyway, thanks for thinking through all the helpful suggestions - looks like we've been on the same page there!! LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer
reply to post by Tsu322

Her main problem is herself! Being set in her ways and too proud to ask for help etc.

The NHS care system is ok, ONCE IT'S in place! But they do take an age to sort anything out and my mum told them SHE IS FINE!!! So that she could get home. (That's what I meant by "own worst enemy!!")

Anyway, thanks for thinking through all the helpful suggestions - looks like we've been on the same page there!! LOL

I gotta smile. That's me as well. And it's only probably get worse. I'm my own worst enemy.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thanks everyone,

I'm... OK really. Just venting a wee bit! (sorry about the smell!)

Love you guys! (and gals!)

I'm off to bed now.

Goodnight!

Gx

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

TDawgRex

....I gotta smile. That's me as well. And it's only probably get worse. I'm my own worst enemy.

AYE - Up until ye met ME!!!!!

HUG the DAWG!!!!

G

new topics

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join