It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Just been.......flippin' heck Gordi! It's BEAUTIFUL!

Rainbows
Jane

All thanks to YOUR wonderful ideas jane! THANK YOU!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Hehe...may be I should have an 'emotional' day more often hey?

You wrote the lyrics and the tune, all I did was say how I could hear it.
Your song needs to be 'picked up'....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Night Star

Well... here is my little slice of midnight.

Wow!! Nice bass True!!!! Love that shape!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by angelchemuel

Ah, taken over the verbosity responsibilities have you?

I am very sorry about that Jane! I would not wish to foist my antiquated way of speaking on anyone else!

I LOVE the way you speak!!!!!!! And with that accent...WoW!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
OK guys, I am no writer, but what you are about to read is the truth and comes from my heart.
It may seem like fantasy to fit in with The Shed, I assure you its not. It's fantastical yes, and that is what we are all doing here, creating a fantastical place in a world where, were we to be from another planet we would wonder if what we were seeing happening to Gaia was real.

Here goes......this is who I am, and why you guys are here....

Almost 30 years ago, I was working for Mitsubishi Motors, travelling all over our fair isle. I don't recall where I was, Lincolnshire I think, but I was driving along an A road with next to no traffic on it. I came over a little rise and there in front of me was a beautiful and complete rainbow. There were some trees around me when I suddenly spotted another rainbow in my rear view mirror. As I drove a little further, the trees cleared and I was at the top of a hill. What literally stopped me dead in my tracks was something few people have seen, I was honoured to be one of the few, and I shall remember to my dying day. I skidded to a halt in a lay-by and got out of the car.

Forming a circle around me were seven rainbows.

I have never written about this before, because I have never been able to find the words to describe the profound emotional effect of what I was seeing had on me. As I stood there turning around, and turning around with tears just rolling quietly down my face, a few other cars stopped and other people got out. So I know there are other people out there, who have experienced in their own way, that very small but incredibly magnificent occurrence from Mother Nature.

I was in awe. My heart was pounding, my body was shaking, the tears were flowing of their own accord. Yet I felt at total peace, as though time had stopped, and in that very moment all was at peace and perfect in the world. Although I couldn't see it physically, I felt it.....love.....pure unadulterated love. I stayed and soaked it up, I couldn't get enough of it, until the very last rainbow disappeared.

I got back in my car, still trembling, I lit a cigarette and just sat there wondering what the heck all that had been about. I felt different. My physical body was hot, I was shaking, my mind was so clear, my eyes felt wide awake and the colours around me seemed brighter, I felt serene and at total peace both with myself and the outside world. Although the intensity has diminished over the years, I still carry that experience in my heart and I still feel it to this day.

About a week or so later I was home visiting my parents and recounted to them what had happened. Dad told me his story. During the war, the ship he was on got torpedoed in the Med. The survivors were swimming around for hours hoping to be rescued. All of a sudden there were seven waterspouts around them. Dad said he had the same experience as I had. He didn't think for one minute he was in any added peril, he just felt this tremendous love, peace and serenity. The war had disappeared. As quickly as they had appeared, the water spouts disappeared. The survivors swam closer together and knew they would be rescued. Those seven water spouts gave them the fortitude and belief to survive, because they ended up being in the water for almost 24 hours before they were finally picked up.

That experience and the everlasting effect it has had on me has made me who I am today.

I resolved to spread the rainbows, to try and touch other peoples hearts the way mine had been touched. So they too can take a rainbow and touch others. The world we are living in is of our own creation. Each and every human being is responsible for creating their own little world. When your heart is full of negativity, sadness and cynicism, that is the world you will create around you. Bring a rainbow into your heart and you create love that can be felt and reflected on others.

Life isn't easy. We all have our ups, downs, problems and varying issues we have to deal with daily. But I truly believe this is because we are part of and a reflection of the world around us.
I try very hard not to be a part of that, or a mirror reflection.
I am a little RAINBOW.
I fly in the face of the world.

I am a RAINBOW WARRIOR.
Jane

edit on 14-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

That my dear, was VERY inspiring

loved EVERY WORD
weird how things like that run in one's family?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I talked a bit about this with Jacy, but everything happens for a reason and I do believe this is the start of something that goes beyond any of our expectations.

Regardless of that, I am going to be sending out a short synopsis of the project I talked about a bit back. Id love to get ideas! Especially things that you, specifically, would like to see in a house to make your life easier! The general concepts are there, but I have zero experience when it comes to customizing it down to the individual. Which, is what the idea is all about!

So, hopefully, some of ya can give some feedback without actually receiving a product

I tried to help Homer the Alien with his math homework, but he kept rambling about something called "skype." I figure its one of the dragons, and have no idea what is has to do with math...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Jane.Wow.I don't know what to say. How Beautiful! Brought goosebumps to me as I pictured You standing there taking it all in. How Truly Amazing that must have been to experience!
Thank You for sharing that with us!!!

Syx.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Good Morning EveryOne! Hope Today will be Great for You all! Syx.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Jane what a beautiful, inspiring and profound experience!!!! I bet that is a once in a lifetime experience, and you got to witness that. Your Rainbow Love has spread far and wide, even across the sea. I'm sure I'm safe in saying that we all love you for bringing us all together and bringing such joy. Thank you so much! HUGS!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I saw this thing for the first time on the internet, when I was just coming up on my twentieth birthday. At the time I owned a particularly defunct practice bass, which I had picked up in a second hand store for £75, and given that it had the annoying habit of producing fret buzz if I went too low down the neck, I was well and truly in the market for something with a bit more razzamatazz, or at least, a bass which I could play the entire neck of!

But when I saw this beast on the internet, it was £300, and I have never had enough money to consider spending that much on an instrument (or now I come to think of it, anything else!). So I waited, and I waited, and I lived my life, and largely ignored the whole thing for a few years. Then, about four years ago now I think (could be more, could be less... my sense of time is not always as good as it could be!), I was reading in the paper, that one of the local music stores was selling up, getting liquidated, and were selling their stock off at literally rock bottom prices.

Needless to say, I shot down there on the bus with about £100 pounds on me, just to put a deposit on something. I walked around the nearly empty store, past electric violins, double basses, drum kits and microphones, clarinets and saxophones, all strewn about, with no particular effort at display or organisation. Then, in a darkened corner, underneath a flickering florescent tube light, I spied the beast, hanging from the wall, forlorn and out of the way. I lifted it from its display mount, and looked it over. Bar a small scar on the tip of one of its points, where the black coating had been chipped to reveal the wood beneath, it was perfect.

I marched up to the counter, and I asked the assistant how much they wanted for it. I walked out of the store having paid £75 pounds for the beast, the same figure I had paid for my considerably decrepit practice bass, grinning like a loon, with my new bass strapped across my back. They offered me a box... I politely declined, and rode the bus home with it, sat at the back of the bus, gripping my bass before me, as a knight would grasp his sword while the tip rests against the ground. Its easily the best money I have ever spent!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Man... that is an awful lot of rainbows!

Awesome tale!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have had a couple of profound experiences myself that I think I will share with you all even at the risk of sounding crazy. LOL

I have had a pre-birth memory my entire life. I say memory because one can distinguish between, dreams, fantasy and reality. Now this is very hard for me to explain as the memory has become so vague through the years, but here goes...

I remember being somewhere and I'll have to say in spirit form because that is the best way that I can describe it. There was a small group of us and one was regarded as being in a higher position, not a God, but more experienced, knowlegable. This person took each of us seperately to speak to. When he spoke to me he said that I had a choice to come here. By here he meant this earthly realm. The feeling that I had was that he was speaking on behalf of an even higher power, call it God, the great creator or whatever you will. In essence what I got was that the world was in trouble and that the poeple didn't think clearly, things were chaotic and not right and I could help. He said that if I chose to go, it would be the hardest thing I would ever do and that there would be no tuning back. I idn't hesitate for long because I thought if higher powers thought enough of me to even ask then I must be capable. It felt like an adventure and challenge I was willing to take. Please note that myself and others with this experience have often regretted that choice and don't ever want to return to such a place. LOL

When he said there would be no turning back, I took that as I am here for the duration of my physical existance. I guess I came also to learn. I have since heard of others and though they always felt they had a mission here, a reason for being here, they are unclear what that mission or reason is. Very strange. I know I have saved some people from suicide, helped people through some of their darkest hours, inspired some and brought much love and joy but...I always thought well that can't be it, that isn't enough. Pehaps in its simplicity it is. Perhaps all of us doing our own part is enough when combined and spread. Maybe I can't stop wars or hunger or all the sorrow in the world, but what one individual can? I have no answers and feel that I should. Continued in next post.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My second profound experience...

When I first heard of out of body experiences I thought those people are weirdos, crazy people. Well once when I was a teenager, many moons ago, LOL I had one of those weirdo experiences. Between that and the pre-life eperience I have been open minded and believe that we are far more than just a physical body.

It only happened once and was very brief. I remember that when I looked down at the bed I saw...myself... and I was so shocked I ended up back in my body. I was terrified and thought I was dead. I wasn't ready for that. I lay there for a long time being afraid of falling asleep and never waking up again. The next day when I had time to absorb what happened, I thought wow, that was amazing!!!!LOL

Yes I do realize how crazy this all sounds but it is the truth. No Gordi, put the strait jacket away, everything will be just fine.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I think it's fair to say Charlie Chaplains speech is no longer the 'Greatest Speech in the World'!

Thank you so much for your post, it was well worth waiting for! I'm so glad you saw those Rainbows and passed them on to us here. Stop saying you are no writer, that was outstanding writing!

I'm all teary eyed here.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Ah True, sounds like that beast was just waiting to go home with you. You were meant to have it! When are you going to make a vid so we can hear you????

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Night Star
My second profound experience...

When I first heard of out of body experiences I thought those people are weirdos, crazy people. Well once when I was a teenager, many moons ago, LOL I had one of those weirdo experiences. Between that and the pre-life eperience I have been open minded and believe that we are far more than just a physical body.

It only happened once and was very brief. I remember that when I looked down at the bed I saw...myself... and I was so shocked I ended up back in my body. I was terrified and thought I was dead. I wasn't ready for that. I lay there for a long time being afraid of falling asleep and never waking up again. The next day when I had time to absorb what happened, I thought wow, that was amazing!!!!LOL

Yes I do realize how crazy this all sounds but it tis he truth. No Gordi, put the strait jacket away, everything will be just fine.

My dearest Night, In the words of Phil Collins (I believe?)...
No Jacket Required!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Tsu322

I think it's fair to say Charlie Chaplains speech is no longer the 'Greatest Speech in the World'!

Thank you so much for your post, it was well worth waiting for! I'm so glad you saw those Rainbows and passed them on to us here. Stop saying you are no writer, that was outstanding writing!

I'm all teary eyed here.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

@Jane - What Tsu said.
That is all!
Gx

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Serd, I would love to give feedback, what do we have to do? If I can help, I will.

Syx, Good morning to you too, even though it's afternoon here lol. Today has been pretty fabulous really, I have a new sofa, I'm prepping for my next Rainbows endevour and generally lounging around on here, catching up with family. Hope all's well with you!

True, that bass looks amazing, you were so lucky. I have a terrible confession whilst we are on the subject of bass guitars. I used to own a 1969 Fender Musicmaster in blond that was older than me and battered to hell from gigs as it was passed through the family. The bridge was so low I barely had to tap the strings. It was perfect. I couldn't play for poo though, either by ear or all that 'face' nonsense ants on page stuff. I loved having it around as a decoration but times got really hard and I ended up selling it for a very stupid price. I won't even say how much I sold it for, you'd probably cry.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I think its about time i dropped in to say hi. To old friends and new
......Any room in the shed for lil old me?.....
...I bring offerings of alcahol

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join