It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Tsu322
Good morning Jacy and the Rainbownites!

Homer, I love those dancing Gifs! I can't believe you have me as a punk in a Passion t-shirt, LOL, you know me so well! Do you have some sort of super duper curvature defying telescope?

Gordi! I can't wait to hear the new song!

Jane, True, Cody, everyone else that is awake, massive hugs!!!

So what's everyone doing today then? Any exciting plans?

I think I'm going to take the morning off today and just chill.

Would that be an euphemism for you practicing your repose ready for your new sofa???

As to Homers gifs....did you notice the unpainted cabinet in mine.....mwahahahaha....off to find Gordi's tipex!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Good Morning all! Today will be the beginning of this years exercise routine for me. I'm so looking forward to it. Time to burn off some of this winter fat. I plan on walking at least ten miles a day, which was routine before I hurt my back.

Speaking of bad backs and exercise, does anyone know of any light weight training exercises that I can do? Everything I have read and all the therapists say that's a no-no, until I'm pain free. And even then it's iffy.

I do have my exercise ball that I do routines on, but it's not burning enough calories. Or building mass. I miss my old self.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Morning!

*BIG HUG*

Sorry about that! I shall make every effort to resume normal service as expeditiously as possible!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You would be better off with something to keep you limber until your back is not an issue. A friend of mine hurt his back, and then insisted on doing some light weights just to trim up a little bit, and he herniated a disk in his spine, which required surgery. Before the operation, he could barely MOVE let alone do weights. Now, after the surgery, an epidural injection of painkillers, which failed to do anything for him, and being dosed to the eye sockets on enough high strength chemicals to make Hunter S. Thompson consider reincarnating, he is just about able to work an office job, and get about without a cane.

However, his sleep patterns are a mess, and he is never pain free, even though he is on that many pain meds right now that any one else would pass out. His doctor has said things like "I have never seen anyone on your dosage that was also capable of speaking, walking, talking, and eating for themselves.".

In short, do tai chi, or do nothing.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Swimming

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Best you do

I've been posting stuff in your lingo whilst you've been 'away'!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

This is one of the few times I can honestly say I know what your friend is going through. I was on some pretty serious stuff for the first six weeks and told the doctor to ween me of them as I didn't want to get addicted. Little did I know, I already was. I was jittery/shaky as hell the first week off them. I pretty much just pop aspirin these days, which helps and allows me to get some sleep.

I've heard to many horror stories about back surgery and spinal injections, from both patients and doctors to stay away from that unless it is absolutely necessary. And I believe that I am getting better...but it is happening so sloooooow.

So walking it is. For now. That's something at least.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I don't trust the indoor swimming pools here. The good ones have closed and the rest well, they're pretty filthy. But once it gets warmer, I do have a pool available, and yes, it does wonders. Lot's of low stress exercises can be done.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Ah, taken over the verbosity responsibilities have you?

I am very sorry about that Jane! I would not wish to foist my antiquated way of speaking on anyone else!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
6 and a half weeks left of this evil math...
Then its PARTY TIME!!!!

edit on 3/14/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Swimming also strengthens the muscles of the chest, by the constant pressure of being in the water. This means that the more you swim, the more powerful your breathing becomes. The more power with which you breathe, the more air, and crucially oxygen you take in. The more of that you get into you in one breath, the richer your blood becomes with it, and the better your blood oxygen content, the more efficiently you will heal.

Obviously, over oxygenation has its own drawbacks, but is unlikely without significant idiocy!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Tsu322
Good morning Jacy and the Rainbownites!

Homer, I love those dancing Gifs! I can't believe you have me as a punk in a Passion t-shirt, LOL, you know me so well! Do you have some sort of super duper curvature defying telescope?

Which part is you, the punker or redhead?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I've been loving it.....I've been feeling like I should be donning some medieval attire to go with my new mode of speaking!
It's also got me using all sorts of words I had forgotten about...so hats off to you sir

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Rofl, Jane, you would have kittens if you saw the furnature in my house, it's all mismatched and clashing hehe. Do you have your eye on that cabinet in th egif? hehe.

Dawg, I would do as Jane and True suggest, stick to things like Tai Chi and swimming, and don't do brisk walking, you could end up jolting it more. Hugs!

My Shed...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
check out my new avatar

or...

edit on 3/14/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Ahhhh Homer....Brilliant.....see you sorted your gif uploads! If you learn that quick.....stats will be a doddle sir!
I vote number 2.....that's funny!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

already done

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Haha.....I used to have a proper 'man tool box' hanging in my shed. I've decided to sell that and I've dumped all my tools in a wooden bread box.....it's the 'girlie' thing to do! Or as my daughter says..."A woman's tool box only requires a hammer, flat head screw driver and gaffer tape....if you can't bash it, screw it or tape it to fix it......it's broken beyond repair....................... or you need a man!"

As to my gardening implements of torture....they're in a boring Ikea flip top plastic tub thing!

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 14-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hello Rainbowpeeps!

@ Tsu Night & Jane....
I've re-done the 2 become 1 song along the suggested lines!!

@Everybody... I wrote a song for an artist friend of mine a long time ago, and the discussions in the Lounge reminded me of it and I wanted to dig it out to share it. I got some amazing feedback on how to develop/improve it, and this is the revised version!
It's playing over in the Rainbow lounge if anyone wants to see/hear it?
LINK TO RAINBOW LOUNGE POST
Have a quick look & listen, and Let me know what youz all think?

Cheers!!
G

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Just been.......flippin' heck Gordi! It's BEAUTIFUL!

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join