It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Lost and alone, she limped over uneven ground and broken branches...searching for signs of life.
Using her dirty sleeve to wipe the tears from her face, she looked towards the clearing.
A small wisp of smoke could be seen rising in the distance.
With heart pounding, she slowly worked her way towards the tell-tale sign of human existence.
"Fire!" she exclaimed.
Where there's smoke...there's fire. Where there's fire...there are people.

As she moved forward, she patted the little knapsack slung over her bruised shoulder.
"We'll be okay soon," she whispered.
A furry face popped up and looked at her quizically.
"Hush ferret," she smiled. "I'm sure they will help us."
Jacy rubbed her gurgling stomach. Lack of food was making her weak, and her lost days in the forest were taking their toll. Relying on the generosity of strangers made her feel vulnerable, but she didn't have a choice now.
"Yeah, I bet you're hungry too," she said, while stroking the ferret's face.

When she was close enough to focus, Jacy thought she was hallucinating.
After days of nothing but trees and wildlife...she was approaching what she feared was perhaps a mirage of sorts.
A perfectly manicured property, with house, shed and camper van all painted in various colours.
"Soooo pretty," she murmured, looking around with eyes wide.
As she got closer she could hear voices, and the aroma of bacon made her empty stomach groan.
Sophie's head popped up again. The little ferret sniffed the air and looked towards the house.
"I know, bacon!" Jacy exclaimed. "You like bacon, don't you? Maybe they even have bananas!" she laughed.

As she stepped onto the damp grass, a pretty lady with long dark hair came out of the rainbow-striped house.
"You made it!" she grinned.
"Umm...hello? Where am I exactly?" Jacy asked suspiciously.
"This is the land of No Time. My name is Jane, and we have been expecting you."
Jane put her arm around Jacy and led her towards the kitchen door.
"Hey, how are you expecting me, when I'm lost?" Jacy asked.
"You're not lost, you're exactly where you're supposed to be." Jane answered. "Now, come in and meet the others."

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Here's to you, and your shed!

Also, massive hugs!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

*hugs* back to you, my friend! Thank you for stopping by.
I'm working on the rest of my story right now, lol.

I have 'writer' status here, so I'm going to write. Write about what you know...write about what you love!
Okie dokie.

jacy

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This is the best story I have ever read.

Now its...

Jakygirl
Jane Austen
James Herbert.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

ahh...hahahaha.....
I love how you misspell my name on purpose! It's just like having another sister!

I am in no way deserving of being on your list of authors, however I am trying to use words to explain how important my new 'family' is to me. Thank you for coming by!

jaky

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The Shed Part 2

Entering the kitchen, Jacy could see a group of people sitting around an old oak table. There were steaming plates of food, over-flowing fruit bowls....and a full pot of coffee.
"Ohh...I'm in Heaven!" she exclaimed.
Jane led her to a chair while a pretty girl with pixie ears placed a plate of food and a mug of coffee in front of her.
Jacy murmured, "Thank you" and looked around at all the smiling faces.
"How do you know me?" she inquired. "How are you expecting me?"
The pixie-girl reached into Jacy's satchel and placed Sophie in front of a bowl of fruit pieces.
"I'm Night Star," she said shyly, pushing a banana slice towards the hungry ferret.
"Nice to meet you Night Star," Jacy mumbled in between mouthfuls. "Can someone please explain to me what's going on here?"

Jane came over and gave her a hug. "You're among friends now," she said. "Kindred souls...kind hearts...and much love."
Just as Jacy opened her mouth to respond, she heard the 'thud thud thud' of heavy footsteps. Turning in her chair, she gasped at what she saw. A huge man with long dark hair flung himself into a chair.
"Found the rum!" he said, pouring a large quantity into his coffee mug.
Jacy peered under the table, unsure of what she had just witnessed. Was he wearing 'bunny slippers'?
Seeing her perplexed expression, the large man extended a rather large hand.
"I'm TrueBrit, pleased to finally meet you girl!"
"Hello sir," Jacy said, placing her hand in his. She leaned across the table and whispered, "Am I dreaming?"

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The Shed Part 3

Laughter erupted amongst the crowd.
Night Star looked at TrueBrit, Jane and the others, and in a concerned voice said, "Maybe we should tell her about the 'dimensions'?"
Jacy stopped eating and stood up abruptly.
"Dimensions?"
TrueBrit tossed back the contents of his mug, and then looked directly at the now frightened girl.
"Dimensions...alternate dimensions...you KNOW this, you just have to remember!"
Sitting down again, Jacy shrugged. "All I can remember, is that I was lost."
"And now you're found!" smiled a petite blonde girl. "Hi, I'm Tsu...we are sisters in the land of No Time."

Jacy sniffed her coffee cup, wondering if it had been spiked. She eyed the big man with the rum bottle.
"Sounds like Alice in Wonderland stuff to me."
Jane patted her shoulder and refilled her coffee cup. "Maybe Gordi can explain it?" she asked the group.
"Och, woman...ye've given me enough jobs this bright mornin'!" a Scottish accent echoed from another room.
"Bloody bureau of yours....move it here, move it there..."
Tsu jumped up out of her seat, "Never mind Gordi, I'll tell her!"
Jacy craned her neck, looking for the man they called Gordi. "Can someone please just tell me what's happening?"

Tsu lifted the now sleeping ferret and cradled it in her lap. "I will explain it to you Jaky."
"It's Jacy!"
"I know," she grinned. "I am your soul sister. So is Jane, and Night Star...and there are others. On earth we have 'blood family' but we also have 'soul family'. You were lost, because you have lost your blood family. We, your soul family...have simply assisted you in transitioning to a slightly different dimension...where we can help you and keep you safe." She patted Jacy's knee...as if this now explained everything.
Jacy looked around the table, as everyone was nodding in agreement and smiling.
Night Star stood up, placed her mug in the sink and then turned to Jacy. "You're staying with me, in the shed!" she exclaimed, rather excited.
"You live in the shed?" Jacy asked, still thinking she was dreaming.
"Oh, it's not just a regular shed!" Night Star laughed. "It's a magical shed...we have dragons in there!"
"Looks pretty small to me..." Jacy shook her head. "Dragons...dragons aren't even real..."

TrueBrit uncrossed his long legs, and shook a bunny-slipper-encased foot at the new arrival.
"Wot's real?" he asked.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I must leave for an hour or so, to help a friend.
If anyone is interested, I will continue with 'our' story, lol.
Still have some members (aka family) to add in.
jacy

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ok... Good luck in your pursuits... I love the idea of the bunny slippers as well... That is pure class!

Hope all is well .

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I am definitely interested to hear more!

Hope everything is ok there with your friend.

Hugs.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Brilliant! Loving this!!!!! How awesome is this? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Jacy! You back yet...I need Part 4!!!!!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I really hope Jacy is going to spend the whole day writing! I'm going to be taking coffee to the her writing desk to keep her going.

Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

One cannot rush the creative juices. They pump at their own whimsical pace!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

But, but, but...

Meh. I'm still going to be peeking over her shoulder though, clearing my throat every time looks like she might stop.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Aww, you guys are the BEST!!!
Thank you for wanting me to keep writing!
It's morning here, lol...so I am just grabbing a coffee, and then I will start on Part 4, I promise.
love y'all,
jacy

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You're an awesome writer! I can't wait to read more!
S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The Shed Part 4

"What is real indeed? Hello, I'm Cody!"
A smiling man came over and kissed Jacy on the hand.
"Pleased to make your acquaintance, m'lady."
Jacy blushed and smiled back at him. She turned to Jane and asked, "How many people are there here?"
Jane laughed as she replied, "Oh well...you still haven't met fossilera, Serdgiam, TheDoctor46....then there are the others who just pop in for a visit!"
Feeling better for the food and coffee, Jacy started to relax a little.
"Can you tell me more about the dimensions?" she asked.

Night Star moved over to sit beside Jacy.
"What is the last thing you remember, before you became lost?" she inquired.
Taking a moment to think hard, Jacy looked at all the people in the kitchen.
"Well...I was on my computer. I was sad...feeling lonely...just me and Sophie...and...I don't know...I think I fell asleep?" she trailed off.
"NO! You woke up!" Tsu insisted.
Every head was nodding in agreement.

"But...I woke up in the woods? How did I get from my apartment...to the woods?"
She threw her hands up, not understanding how everyone else seemed so calm. Sensing her frustration, TrueBrit stood up, towering over the others.
"The computer carried your thoughts and emotions through time and space, alerting your soul family." he explained calmly. "We used focus and intent to slide you into this dimension, so you could be with us here."
Having no response to that information, Jacy just sat and blinked a few times.
"Why are you wearing bunny slippers?" she whispered to the big man.
"Bad feet!" he said, matter-of-factly.
"Nothing makes any sense...." she replied. "Do you have tea parties with Mad Hatters too?"
Jane laughed out loud. "We have parties all the time. It's all a big party! Parties and rainbows!"

At that moment Gordi walked towards the sink and proceeded to wash yellow paint off his hands.
"Ye're all scaring the wee lass!" he exclaimed. "Jane, ye're bloody bureau is drying in the sun...why don't you take the lass on a tour? Show her around a bit?"
Tsu and Night Star jumped up and clapped their hands.
"Show her the dragons!"
"Show her the shed!"
Jacy stood up and motioned towards the half empty rum bottle. "May I?" she asked.
TrueBrit poured a shot into her coffee mug. She tossed back the shot and grimaced.
"I'm expecting a white rabbit to come running through the room, yelling "I"m late...I'm late...for a very important date!" She giggled a little nervously.
TrueBrit threw his head back and guffawed. "How do you think I got my slippers?" he said with a wink.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Aww...thank you nugget1! That is such a compliment!
I'm just having fun here, lol.
Thank you for reading!!
jacy

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Oh Jacy, this is so awesome! Keep writing to your hearts content. Maybe you should have called this The Never Ending Story....oh wait, there's already a story with that name. In any case, continue on. I am smiling again after being crushed. Thank you so very much! Big Hug!!!!!!

Oh and True...love the slippers Darlin'!
edit on 25-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join