It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASH: All EPA Radiation Detectors Nationwide Suddenly OFFLINE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

matafuchs
So what is going on in Southern Indiana? Is that not where they have had some quakes as of late. I would be more concerned about that right now.

I agree, radcon 4/5 earlier this morning from the local reporting to NETC in Evansville IN.

I wish EPA would come back online, I hate having to trust NETC for local readings without the data to back it up (without signing up and paying for it). EPA provides the actual levels, but stopped transmitting data 48 hours ago.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think it only makes St. Louis news, but there is an old radioactive dump a few miles from Lambert Airport. Families in surrounding areas have higher than average cancers, birth defects, etc.

Years after the dump was put there some genius stuck a still active waste dump right next to it.

Now there are underground fires in the waste dump very near the radioactive materials and the fire is moving closer and closer to it.

The EPA and other Govt. agencies have repeatedly refused to do anything about it.

edit on 2/24/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: i'm duh today

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That's how it works , if they ever need to use the emergency broadcast system I wonder if all the tv and radio stations will go down at the same time .

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Then your headline is misleading people. How about saying SOME are off line?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The chart shows the 24th, the line transmitting data ends on the 22nd, it does not reach the line marking the 24th. No new data since then.

So far as I can tell, all records on EPA's RadNet Data are now up to date, and nothing that I've seen has given any indication of higher than normal radiation rates in New Mexico or the areas downwind of it.

ETA: Amarillo, TX readings:

edit on 24-2-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Don't understand why they would put a monitor in Carlsbad since prevailing wind blows towards the E/NE and the WIPP site is east of Carlsbad. They should really have one in Hobbs or Lovington.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

adjensen

The chart shows the 24th, the line transmitting data ends on the 22nd, it does not reach the line marking the 24th. No new data since then.

So far as I can tell, all records on EPA's RadNet Data are now up to date, and nothing that I've seen has given any indication of higher than normal radiation rates in New Mexico or the areas downwind of it.

ETA: Amarillo, TX readings:

Thank you for this. It appears most are back online.

Denver is still not updating data for example.
edit on 24-2-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

soulpowertothendegree

Then your headline is misleading people. How about saying SOME are off line?

Earlier today none were online.

During today most have come online, some are still offline.
edit on 24-2-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

According to the original article (which I tracked down here) the "fallout zone" would have included Amarillo, TX (which is why I used that as an example) and would be nowhere near Denver. So I call shenanigans on any claim that this temporary outage had anything to do with a minor incident in New Mexico last week.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have been searching for data from monitoring stations he last several days. There does seem to be a lack of recent updating, monitoring stations listed as inactive, or data being omitted. Here are screenshots from RadCast as of 5 pm EST:

RadCast

For some reason they are "updating"

The last date the map was modified was on the 11th

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

adjensen

According to the original article (which I tracked down here) the "fallout zone" would have included Amarillo, TX (which is why I used that as an example) and would be nowhere near Denver. So I call shenanigans on any claim that this temporary outage had anything to do with a minor incident in New Mexico last week.

I agree, the article appears to be false based on the data coming in now.

I just want my sensor back online ( I live in Denver).

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

ElohimJD

I agree, the article appears to be false based on the data coming in now.

I just want my sensor back online ( I live in Denver).

^^Agreed! I have been wanting to see what our readings have been the last week or so.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Okay guys... Fess up! Who has radiation detection equipment in New Mexico or Western Texas? We must have some members here somewhere that have handheld units or even an old Geiger Counter like the movies show old timers carrying around. Someone...somewhere?

We need field readings to see how true this is! Anyone?

All you need is a smartphone and the right apps, which as luck would have it are free to download. Technically, the CCD sensor in the camera also works like a geiger counter - any radiation particle that hits a cell in the camera creates a bright pixel. So if you cover the lens, then the only way any bright pixels can appear is through radiation.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
check this ..

right now ......NETC 16:25 on 2/24/14

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Amazing!

The "event" took place 10 days ago (see the article I linked to above,) the NETC was showing normal levels of radiation a few hours ago and Radnet is showing normal levels of radiation now, but now the NETC is showing elevated levels right in that area.

Kind of smacks of "hey, we're getting lots of traffic, what's up with that? Oh, there's a panic! Change our display, we'll sell more radiation detectors!"

They've done it before…

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Try going to RadCast.org. A private, 'crowd sourced', readings for many locations in the US.
edit on 24-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I did I'm in florida Tampa and if you really wana freak out look at Miami the reading is high I have family there should I tell them to prepare...??

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

FyreByrd
Try going to RadCast.org. A private, 'crowd sourced', readings for many locations in the US.
edit on 24-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

I take it you are being a sarcastic douche, thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Reminds me of the film "Europa Report"

Apparently, some otherworldly creature is driving their radiation sensors crazy.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

adjensen
reply to post by Komodo

Amazing!

The "event" took place 10 days ago (see the article I linked to above,) the NETC was showing normal levels of radiation a few hours ago and Radnet is showing normal levels of radiation now, but now the NETC is showing elevated levels right in that area.

Kind of smacks of "hey, we're getting lots of traffic, what's up with that? Oh, there's a panic! Change our display, we'll sell more radiation detectors!"

They've done it before…

Both NETC and EPA show the same increase in radiation over the same time period. But when you look at the NETC chart, you must understand the radcon levels monitor changes to "normal". They DO NOT MONITOR SAFETY LEVEL!

I want to repeat that for all readers of this thread.

Radcon levels monitor changes to normal (average CPM over a 90 day period of sampling from the sensor). They do not reflect "danger" levels like say defcom would for military.

If a sensors 90 day average is 21CPM (Powell WY) and it increases slightly to 35CPM (+15CMP) it would trigger radcon 5 for that sensor.

If a sensors 90 day average is 392CPM (Grand Junction CO) and it increases the same +15CPM to 417CPM it would only trigger radcon 2.

Surely 417CPM is more dangerous then 35CPM but the % change from normal would be radcon level change seen in NETC graphic.

Radiation levels are "slightly increased" in Eastern NM and Western TX, but the levels are still within safe parameters. For example the data coming in from Albuquerque shows a 27CMP increase which based on their established normal level (302CPM) only triggered radcon 2.

As far as I can tell, some radiation is leaking, but not enough to cause any concern, however to think NETC is making up numbers to sell survival gear would be dishonest as well, the numbers are identical based on EPA sensor data and NETC CPM recordings for the areas.

God Bless,
edit on 25-2-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join