It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASH: All EPA Radiation Detectors Nationwide Suddenly OFFLINE

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
How convenient that all the Radiation Detectors are offline just when we need them most..

UPDATE: Monday, February 24, 2014 -- It now appears that the OFFLINE status of the EPA "RADnet" may be **DELIBERATE.** According to sources in New Mexico, the "RADnet" had to be shut down to conceal the leak of radiation from the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) in Carsbad, New Mexico, which is onlging and presently spreading radiation into the air from its ventilation system. That plant is the only location in the United States that receives, processes, then stores (deep underground) radioactive materials from former nuclear warheads.

whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
radiation leaks and airborne exposures are to be downplayed when reported to the public, I thought everyone knew that.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I googled and got three hits regarding the leak(s).
Fox News
The San Jose Mercury
Al Jazeera

The stories are 3-4 days old and all downplay the severity of the incident.

I wonder what the truth is? Hard to tell now.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I check that site everyday, this is the first time my local sensors are all down (Denver, Colorado Springs, and Grand Junction).

I have a source in GJ with his own sensor which reads today at 0.04 (radcon 2.5ish). Anytime they intentionally bring radiation sensors down it concerns me.

Thanks for the thread, keep updates coming.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Okay guys... Fess up! Who has radiation detection equipment in New Mexico or Western Texas? We must have some members here somewhere that have handheld units or even an old Geiger Counter like the movies show old timers carrying around. Someone...somewhere?

We need field readings to see how true this is! Anyone?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

whatreallyhappened.com…

That looks like the world's least credible web site for anything, much less something controversial.

Meanwhile, the Radnet Data Site seems to be online and functioning quite normally.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

adjensen

whatreallyhappened.com…

That looks like the world's least credible web site for anything, much less something controversial.

Meanwhile, the Radnet Data Site seems to be online and functioning quite normally.

It is NOT functioning normally at all.

Click on any sensor and check the "details". All sensors stopped transmitting data on the 21st/22nd. Only some have come back up online since.

Some of the ones not currently transmitting are:

Carlsbad NM
St George UT
Denver CO
Colorado Springs CO
Grand Junction CO
El Paso TX

numerous sensors in the Mississippi and Ohio River valleys.

Only about 50% have begun re-sending data, and none of them are in the path of the hypothetical "plume".

God Bless,
edit on 24-2-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Well, you'll be happy to know that the crazies at Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center still have "private monitors" sending information from that region, and they are at normal levels.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Yes they have some civilian monitors working but not many in the New Mexico / Texas areas where they are most needed.. Anyone close to those areas have detectors to keep ATS up to date?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

adjensen

Well, you'll be happy to know that the crazies at Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center still have "private monitors" sending information from that region, and they are at normal levels.

No they are not.

in fact that was what I was going to post.

Look at the number of sensors transmitting from NETC, they are directly linked into the active data coming in from EPA.

Only sensors still online are shown on the NETC graphic, none of the offline sensors are even present on NETC chart.

Every one of those sensors are gone. NETC is not "private readings" they are linked directly into EPA data streams, when EPA goes offline the sensor is removed from NETC.

Notice, no Carlsbad, Denver, Colorado Springs, Grand Junction etc. showing on NETC.

That is EXACTLY my point.

The sensors no longer transmitting data are no longer present on the NETC graphic, only the ones still online are. Look at how many more sensors are listed on EPA that are missing on NETC?

EPA

NETC

If you click on the "details" section of any sensor from EPA not present on NETC, you will find the data lost transmission (went offline) on the 21st/22nd.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Look at the number of sensors transmitting from NETC, they are directly linked into the active data coming in from EPA.

The two in Oklahoma that are reporting normal readings downwind from New Mexico, along with the one that is in Rio Rancho, NM, all appear to be private monitors, and are reporting current values (or at least as much as one can trust the NETC, which I consider to be a scam site for selling radiation monitors.)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm confused....

Source: EPA Radnet

That's the radiation detection feed from Carlsbad, New Mexico and it's running true and smooth with todays date. The one in my own hometown is also running a clean feed with others I pulled at random.

Now for my earlier post, it never hurts to ask folks to check themselves and get independent readings ..but what part of Rad-Net is supposed to be down?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It is beyond my knowledge and imagination why anyone would think that our government would react any different than the Japanese government does to its problem. That's what governments do! They are in the business to protect themselves, not you. That is one of the first laws of political science, a governments first duty is to protect itself from all enemies foreign and domestic.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I'm confused....

Source: EPA Radnet

That's the radiation detection feed from Carlsbad, New Mexico and it's running true and smooth with todays date. The one in my own hometown is also running a clean feed with others I pulled at random.

Now for my earlier post, it never hurts to ask folks to check themselves and get independent readings ..but what part of Rad-Net is supposed to be down?

The chart shows the 24th, the line transmitting data ends on the 22nd, it does not reach the line marking the 24th. No new data since then.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
what part of Rad-Net is supposed to be down?

Most (if not all) Radnet sensors stopped transmitting data on the 21st/22nd; in areas around Carlsbad NM and in the direction of a potential plume.

I am waiting for new data since the transmissions ended.

ETA: I have clicked on a dozen or so sensors data, and not one of them has transmitted data since the 21st/22nd. I'll keep looking to see if any sensor has data in the last 2 days.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

ElohimJD

Wrabbit2000

Most (if not all) Radnet sensors stopped transmitting data on the 21st/22nd; in areas around Carlsbad NM and in the direction of a potential plume.

ETA: I have clicked on a dozen or so sensors data, and not one of them has transmitted data since the 21st/22nd. I'll keep looking to see if any sensor has data in the last 2 days.

what I don't understand is, why WOULDN'T they have monitors around this very area of nuclear waste burial, independent or governmental?...it makes no sense, and just that raises a red flag.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

jimmyx

ElohimJD

Wrabbit2000

what I don't understand is, why WOULDN'T they have monitors around this very area of nuclear waste burial, independent or governmental?...it makes no sense, and just that raises a red flag.

They do have monitors in these very areas, they just all went offline Friday night/Saturday morning and stopped transmitting data.

Still no Radnet sensors have transmitted any data in 48 hours.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If you go to www.netc.com... and look at the scrolling news bar at top of their map, you will see the headline in red (with no link):

"All EPA RADNET sites are offline due to technical problem with EPA's site."

...I don't know much of anything about this stuff, just wanted to point that out.

ETA: It's the first thing you see in the news scroll - everything that follows is various links to news articles and I don't think it repeats the statement. So, if you are not seeing it, refresh the page.
edit on 24-2-2014 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So what is going on in Southern Indiana? Is that not where they have had some quakes as of late. I would be more concerned about that right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
yeah, the devil you know
isn't it illegal to frighten the public in the US?
seems that was a big topic of discussion back down the memory hole a bit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join