It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Possible Source of Mysterious Boom Found

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There is a press conference being held right now about a possible source of the mysterious booms heard in Richmond, VA. Police have blocked of roads in my neighborhood and are closing in on an area.

www.nbc12.com
Police blocked off several streets in North Richmond area around the 1600 block of Laburnum Avenue this morning. There is speculation they have discovered what is causing the loud “booms” that residents in the area have been reporting for more than a week.

NBC12’s Mike Porter says workers in protective suits can be seen. Police, fire and public works employees are reported there. So far, no one will say what has been discovered. However, city officials have promised to provide more information early this afternoon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

These booms have been going on for a few weeks now without anybody knowing what was going on. People were freaking out and shutting off their gas, or temporarily moving out of the area. These booms have shaken my house several times and are quite unnerving.

The two ATS threads are about this subject. One is mine with a description of what was happening, the other is a thread from an ATSNN post.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
What are the Mysterious Booms in Richmond, VA?
Strange Booms in VA. (from ATSNN)

[edit on 11-23-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
pressure devices found above and below ground. news updated:

Police recover 'pressure devices;' Officials say they are related to 'Mystery Booms'

www.nbc12.com.../MGArticle/WBT_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031779311429

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Crakeur]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I wonder what in the Fu$# "pressure producing devices" is supposed to mean,,,dam media. What convienent wording..
good find though,at least they are reporting somthing on the subject.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That doesn't explain much. "Pressure devices"? Operated by who, for what purpose?

Unless more information comes out it looks like a cover up.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
seems it is happening in Indiana as well

www.wric.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Richmond probing loud booms as a crime

RICHMOND, Va. Richmond officials investigating a series of mysterious booms in the city say they have established a crime scene at the center of the reports.

Public works and fire officials conducted a lunch-hour news conference but offered scant details on the investigation.

They said explosive-like devices have been found in some of the city's sewer lines. They said the devices posed a danger only if someone was nearby at the time they were detonated.

Link

I dont know what this can be. If it was supposed to be some kind of prank it was a very foolish one. I guess we wont know more until they say if these devices caused damage or not.

[edit on 11-23-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Got to love the white suites too. Makes it look "intense".

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So... someone is dropping M-80's into sewer lines full of methane causing overpressure and loud booms. Sounds like the work of a couple of teenages or some bored stoners.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So in other words, we still dont have a clue.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Are the terrorists probing our response?

Will the "pressure-devices" yet to detonate contain WMD?

Why the white suits?

troubled.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
the white suits might be due to the fact that detonation devices were found in the SEWER system.

would you go into a crap pipe in your normal clothes?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone

Why the white suits?

troubled.

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
So... someone is dropping M-80's into sewer lines full of methane causing overpressure and loud booms. Sounds like the work of a couple of teenages or some bored stoners.

I think your right... I would have done the same if I knew about that as a teenager.

lets just hope its kids or stoners and not "terrorists".

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the discovery of "pressure-devices" both above ground and below ground in Richmond, and a potentially similar situation in Ft. Wayne Indiana, does not leed credence to "kids w/ M-80s", now does it.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

the discovery of "pressure-devices" both above ground and below ground in Richmond, and a potentially similar situation in Ft. Wayne Indiana, does not leed credence to "kids w/ M-80s", now does it.

Unless they were chatting / reading posts on the INTERNET. I've heard that people with similar interests can communicate long distances using that thingy.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am not so sure about a connection with Indiana if it is kids. Kids are not coordinated like that. I would put it down more to a coincidence.

It's weird that they had no idea what it was for so long and then in one day they had a break in the case.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My reasoning that it was NOT a terrorist related incident is the fact the incidents occurred again and again. Terrorists would try something once and then leave�.stoners or kids would cause the big boom, go giggle together, and then do it again.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I live in Fort Wayne and have heard these booms myself. They are truly MASSIVE. One of our locar radio stations, WGL am1250 is spreading disinformation that the booms are caused by a factory. Said it was because there is a car crusher and people were leaving propane tanks in the machine. So when they got crushed, they exploded.

No way. These booms are being felt in a 4 mile radius. It knocked one of the locals here off of his toilet. Ask anyone around here and they'll tell you it seems to be coming from underground.

Very strange indeed.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
These devices are used to scare off roosting birds.

Mostly used in fly over routes of migrating black birds.

The Black birds stop at night in the tens of thousands while heading to a warmer climate, they leave a mess which can be health problem from the their waste and or west nile.

Most likley placed by the city or county health department, and they did not inform the police. oops!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
These devices are used to scare off roosting birds.

Mostly used in fly over routes of migrating black birds.

The Black birds stop at night in the tens of thousands while heading to a warmer climate, they leave a mess which can be health problem from the their waste and or west nile.

Most likley placed by the city or county health department, and they did not inform the police. oops!

the press conference indicated that the devices were found in the sewer system.

1. who cares if birds crap in the crap system

2. how are birds getting into the sewer system?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join