It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boost your preps...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hey folks, just wanted to put out to you a few thoughts...
Gardening is going to be here soon, you might think of going a little larger this year with it, or expanding the foods you plant.
Droughts, severe weather, flooding, fires, tax increases, loss of jobs, and just an all around crappy mess has been happening for a lot of people lately....so save some $ and raise more for yourself and if you can...can what you do not eat fresh...it will save you a lot of $ later on this year...you know make hay while the sun is shining.

A lot of people blow your tax returns(if you get one)... on things you want, not what you need...you will get a lot better return on your $ if you apply it to your future with needed things ..like food and supplies for the coming year, buy the things you need for repairs on the house or vehicle that you might have been putting off...it doesn't matter if you get a few hundred or a few thousand back, anything you do extra for prepping is making it better for your future...and your just saving some future expenses...since we all should be prepping with what we use daily/weekly. The things you get now will be put to use later and with the current state of everything in the economy and world...I really do not see any of the things you need to survive getting cheaper.

If your good with a garden, canning, and other things you use regularly, then improve where your weakest or where you have any type of gap in your other supplies.

If TSHTF in 6 months, and you used it for your preps...you will be thankful, if not and you took a vacation, or bought some new phone or other computer thing you wanted, but not needed...and the lights go out...well wouldn't it will be a waste of $...I would bet that you will wish you spent it on other things then... it might not happen, but isn't that what most here do? meaning we plan for the worst, but hope for the best, and we want to make sure, we have what we need, when hard times come, to make sure you and yours have what you need to survive?

I know for me, I will not be buying a new phone or whatever that is not needed.
I would be getting some things that I know will be needed and used in the future for hedging against what we all fear is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Good reminder mate. Personally I for one cannot wait to get my refund, going to spend it on my hunting gear, so I can stock up the freezer and what not for the next year. Moose, caribou, grouse, bear... lol mouth is already watering lol.

Grim

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I like gardening and picking raspberries and blueberries to put away for the winter. I gotta get some more strawberries planted too, I need to make a new field for them. You can't beat strawberries grown locally and picked ripe instead of with white tips.

I have to learn more about canning foods, that is this years project for my wife and I. Making canned jams and veggies is the cat's meow. Canned smoked salmon is like candy. Canned deer meat is great. Now I'm starting to get hungry.

new topics

join