It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Probiotic bacteria in baby poop makes for delicious sausages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Baby poop has probiotic bacteria which is good for health!
health.india.com...

Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, a probiotic that was isolated from human feces in 1983, is now widely used in products such as ‘buttermilks, yoghurts, milk, fruit drinks, ‘daily dose’ drinks and fermented whey-based drinks’

In recent years, scientists have discovered that foods such as yoghurt that contain live probiotic bacteria can have a wide variety of health benefits.

For instance, these microbes could help burn away belly fat, prevent urinary-tract infections and fight infant gastrointestinal disorders such as constipation.

For probiotic bacteria to work, they must survive the acids in the digestive tract. ‘Probiotic fermented sausages will give an opportunity to consumers, who do not take dairy products, to include probiotic foods to their diet"

At first reading the thread of this title you are thinking what on Earth is this thread about???

Well, it is not to really inform you that you should eat baby poop to get a good dose of probiotics from it, nor should you try to make salami or other sausages from the freshly excreted goods.

This article was an informative one which shed insight on a probiotic which was isolated from human poop back in the 80's...something I did not know. My question is, why are they using human poop? And why are we not told about this, oh god! LOL...either way I love yogurt and milk

But, anyways, here is something I honestly NEVER would have thought to have known according to this ARTICLE:

As LiveScience reports, “Bacteria from baby poop can help make delicious sausages, which could transform savoury meats into health foods much like probiotic yoghurts, according to new research.”

In order to test the theory, a team of scientists tested bacteria from 43 infant fecal samples.

After using the bacteria to make a Spanish sausage called “fuet”, some taste testers who apparently eat baby poop sausage for a living said that it tasted just like regular fuet, even though all the sausages were low-fat, low-salt versions of the food.

Of the six strains of bacteria tested, only one fully took over the sausage, which in this mad scientist experiment is actually a good thing because it means that such a sausage may have probiotic health effects after all.

WOW, did anyone know this already??? That there are actual taste testers of baby poop out there? Here is what I think of when I read the word "fuet"....phooooo-eeeeee----bleh!

Edit:

So now that we know some people eat sausages made from probiotic bacteria extract from baby human feces...and think it is very tasty...what else are we going to find out what other excretes from the human body people eat too?! hahah *barf*
edit on 24-2-2014 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Now I'm hungry.
If I eat sausages I absolutely expect to be eating poop and guts and things. Sometimes it just hits the spot. The manimal in me must be appeased.

I know it's not actual poop, but an isolated bacteria .. but one can dream.
edit on 2/24/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
who dreams up these things
like putting aborted male featus cells in pepsi and campbells soup

cos it tastes good

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
After changing my sons explosive crap he had in his diapers yea no there is nothing good in there ... and the smell nah you guys can go hard on that I will pass

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Actually there is a condition in which the good bacteria in your gut can die off. The appropriate treatment for this is a pooh transfusion from a healthy person. Said pooh can be taken nasally, orally or up the keester.

But for the love of all that is holy, let's hope this thread does not degenerate into one all about coprophagia...

On a tangential note, I also heard fairly recently that some researchers have been making cheese with human underarm bacteria. Don't know what kind of milk was involved, but I'd imagine the Leche League would be happy to offer some of their out-of-date donations to the cause of lacto zymurgy advancement.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Kinda like this

Japanese fecal matter burger (not really made out of fecal matter)
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I'm not proud of myself for posting that.

You could, with approval from your doctor of course, look into this for a more psychologically pleasing alternative to getting proper bacterias you might be lacking in your digestive tract
en.wikipedia.org...
Contains live cultures, comes in pill form, and can be bought over the counter
edit on 2/24/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

LOL

Burns fat? Let's see how many fashion indoctrinated women start eating baby poop after this gets out haha

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

999zxcv

cos it tastes good

Actually it's not. There are trillions of bacteria living in your gut. I recently found my digestive system was off balance and fixed it with lactobacillus. It makes total sense to use natural bacteria that we have but may not find in nature, to improve our stomach function or use it in foods, which will end up in the gut.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

So now that we know some people eat sausages made from probiotic bacteria extract from baby human feces...and think it is very tasty...what else are we going to find out what other excretes from the human body people eat too?! hahah *barf*

Every time you eat just about any food you are getting mild doses of bacteria that could kill you. Or the potential is there. Much of these came from animal poo or worse.

So if a probiotic bacteria derived from baby poo scares you, you may want to go on a no food diet.

They should teach this in school.

You'd be amazed at how many conditions can be cured with bacteria.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So you can make a sausage that doesn't taste crappy from baby turds?

You've got to wonder how they discovered this in the first place.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Now it comes out... we now know why Boncho was frying the poo in a frying pan from his other poo thread.

Sneaky!!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ok, I'm still processing that there are baby poop taste testers but I saw a Nova special a little while back that explains where the pro-biotics in baby poop originate. As it turns out, babies need helpful bacteria to digest food etc but the womb is a sterile environment. A doctor realized that babies born via c-section were suffering health problems. The doctor's conclusion was that the babies weren't getting exposed to the gastro-intestinal bacteria that live along the vaginal wall. The solution was to swap the mouth of a baby born via c-section with a full dose of mama juice.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

unb3k44n7
Kinda like this

Japanese fecal matter burger (not really made out of fecal matter)
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I'm not proud of myself for posting that.

You could, with approval from your doctor of course, look into this for a more psychologically pleasing alternative to getting proper bacterias you might be lacking in your digestive tract
en.wikipedia.org...
Contains live cultures, comes in pill form, and can be bought over the counter
edit on 2/24/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

Hahahah, this part in the article is funny when it says

He combined the synthesized protein with soya and added some steak sauce for taste and dubbed it a burger

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I knew this day would come. I finally get to say it!

Reese's Feces!

I told you so...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

CretumOrbis

I knew this day would come. I finally get to say it!

Reese's Feces!

I told you so...

LOL....my my...you just had to say it and I just had to find out if this was true....YUP! It is true....

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

999zxcv

cos it tastes good

The Satanists running our planet bypassing disclosure and laws that are crimes enacted to protect them from disclosing. Well the crimes aren't victimless so its up to us to organize and have them thrown in jail. PERIOD.

top topics

join