It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know "the old man"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

just caught the bit about the sand man
related to my old man from the sky visit
there was a visit from two little beings one of whom threw "sand" in my eyes
I went out like i was pole axed

this was the first visit that they let me remember
but one thing I saw clear as day
silver suits and glass helmets - the moon shining into which through the window looked just like they had halos

that explains the reality behind the cherubs painted all over the local church's walls
it was quit clear the xians stole those symbols too as they have so many other pre dated spritual things from so many cultures.

the message the sand man left is/was clear as a bell
the xians are totally wrong and the proof the sandman indicated to me I would find one day in the public domain is right below

in my case, if look at some of my posts re the real use and age of the celtic cross
compare the WORKING CROSS to what the flat earthers say it is and then go look at the math in the pyramids

The Navigation Instrument

This instrument can tell the time, find latitude and longitude, measure the angles of the stars, predict the solstices and equinoxes and measure the precession of the equinoxes. The instrument can also find the ecliptic pole as well as the North and South poles, it can make maps and charts, design pyramids and henges and, when it is used in combination with these observatory sites, can record and predict the cycles of nature.

What is this ancient icon that all humanity sees daily and does not recognize? It is the cross.

A form of the cross is on all Christian churches and many gravestones; it is in literature and song and can be seen hanging round the necks of the faithful all over the world. The teachers of the Christian faith use it, kneel before it, wear it as part of their raiment and yet they do not recognize it for what it is.

The cross is a maritime treasure trove of wisdom and it was likely a vital tool for constructing and designing the pyramids. Crichton has discovered the remnants of a cross hidden by the House of Amen in the Great Pyramid of Khufu at Giza. This amazing cross is capable of measuring angles to an accuracy of three arc minutes.

Crichton proposes that the cross is much older than the pyramids since it is also responsible for the construction of Neolithic henges in Europe that predate the pyramids by thousands of years. He has also found that this knowledge was rediscovered and kept secret by the Knight Templars and other "secret societies" throughout the Middle Ages.

This great secret probably led to the destruction of the Amerindian civilizations at the hands of the Conquistador when they found them measuring the stars with a form of the cross, called the Staff of Power by the Maya.

www.viewzone.com...
That's why the Christians lured the MAYA in and slaughtered all the intellectuals and destroyed all the books...

no truth ever not no how, we got gold to steal...and flocks to fleece

visitors 1
xians 0
edit on 24-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I must say I have not seen the old Man....
Ive lived through some pretty dramatic and perilous things but nope.....
Is this a native American thing or more all inclusive?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

stirling

I'm thinking more all inclusive ... and hoping more people share their experiences to see if that's the case.

Woody )O(

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I've known a "The Old Man" since childhood and wrote a thread about him here. He may be the same one, I'm not sure. In my experiences he was/is more in line with Mystic Christianity….

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It would be great to hear more about him as he is still a mystery to me and it seems to others also

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

Actually, yes. when I was a kid and played in the woods, he would show up somewhat mysteriously, cane in hand and warn us (often with friends) to be careful. he had a way of "disappearing" as soon as he was beyond maybe 20 or 30 feet away. That one particular area of forest always seemed a bit enchanted though, or that's at least how I thought of it when I was young. It's hard to say more specifically when looking back on memories like that. It's interesting that someone else has had a similar experience.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm going to include this because it may be a clue, just as extra info, because that experience that was shared was very interesting to me and so am always on a search for info on the "old man". Part of me was wondering if that meant he was my was higher self, and I don't want to be an old man, but he was very positive, so don't want to be ungrateful or anything. But am planning on sticking with female form, or soul orb, thank you very much.

So, this thread which Lowki disappeared on, looks like he got banned. And some of the info was really interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I was a Gray Alien in past life

There were many pages and won't wade through it to find my posts but, in one section shared what seemed to be Orion tones, and also an abduction that ended up related to Orion and what was a rescue.

So was bringing this up and he was bringing up some of the big stars in like betelgeuse and how they were near end of life I gather, for all we know they already supernova'd and the light hasn't hit earth yet, it would take quite a long time.

What really surprised me was when he came back and posted, he was in contact with his old man guide from Orion......

And in his post, there was an energy signature that I knew and recognized that flowed Love, Happiness, Joy, Greeting, Cartwheels of Happiness inside of me, and I knew that old man, and he was only Good and Wise and Wonderful.

Just bouncing off his post, i knew that man.

So, its really odd. Don't know if its the same old man, or a different Old Man guide.

But as for native, they have a lot of writings about Orion, and Pleaides.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

In years past, the "old man" was a revered harbinger of arcane wisdom or other mysterious revelations.

Now, the old man is more likely a probable target for the "knockout" game. His wooden staff and philosophical depth are no match for the sucker punches of street animals who could not care less.

His time may have passed, it would seem to some.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is very strange right now. I have not been very active on ATS in the past year or so, but this week began reading again. I haphazardly click on this thread, and immediately drawn in. I ask myself, have I ever had a similar experience.

Of course I have, and I used to remember it with great detail, but as I sit here trying to recall, my memory is going blank. I know for a fact that I used to recall 2 separate dreams where an old man played a significant role, but for the life of me I can not recall any specifics right now.

I wish I could remember and contribute to this thread more. One dream was when I was a child, and the other I'm pretty sure I was a teenager. I am in my 30's now so it has been quite some time.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

stirling

its the same type of character you see in biblical stories of ANgels and exactly like a jinn. The sandman, is a European FOLKTALE
( as in NOT a FAIRY TALE )

The Qur'an mentions that the jinn are made of a smokeless and "scorching fire",[1] but are also physical in nature, being able to interact physically with people and objects and likewise be acted upon.[clarification needed][2] Like human beings, the jinn can also be good, evil, or neutrally benevolent and hence have free will like humans and unlike angels.[3] The jinn are mentioned frequently in the Qurʾan, and the 72nd sura is titled Sūrat al-Jinn.
en.wikipedia.org...

and i have been writing about jinn type events exactly as described above for years...

also my buddy thought he had dreamt of the old man from the sky till I happened to mention my event...
he then proceeded to fill in details I had not mentioned

i have had several gaurdian angel type moments being verbally warned and also possessed to do something wild to get through an incident...
Like out driving a speed boat flip...it was like something took over my hands and steered out of it...
which probably saved my life because ironically I was taxiing a bunch of hells angels

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I stopped an old man along the way Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies He turned to me as if to say: "Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you"

Toto

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think that The Old Man is an archetype, but my idea of "archetypes" includes, but is not limited by Jung's definition of the word. I think that archetypes have very real-world implications and manifestations, whether they are projected upon the world, or the world is projecting them on us, it is the language of interaction itself..

so when i first read this thread, i wanted to say "oh i most definitely have met the old man many times!" but then when thinking of my examples, i don't have any which wouldn't require a few paragraphs of "setting up the story" and I am really hesitant to define or presume to "understand" these interactions completely, and most people automatically slip into "pics or it didn't happen" mode anyhow..

BUT!

that being said.. this archetype does indeed tend to show up when you least expect it, and usually when you (I) am at your (my) most arrogant haha.

reply to post by JamesCookieIII

The man smiled at me and said "you know cigarettes are bad for you, right?" I said, "yes," and the old man turned away and walked, as slowly as he came, along the exact path he came away from the courthouse, until he rounded the corner where he came from. This was the old man you speak of, I know it.

this is an excellent example of such an occurrence in the real world where symbolism does play a part, but it can't be reduced to being "just a dream". I don't presume to be able to explain it, but it seems to be a very active, fine-tuned part of the universe which can be very helpful if you are open to it.

especially the "demonstration" by putting out the cigarette in his hand.. this can be read many ways, but it communicates much in one simple act, which would take three mouths speaking simultaneously (and somehow very clearly) to verbally communicate the same message.

I am also a smoker (though years ago, i would never had expected myself to say such a thing) and it is very interesting how The Universe can gently, subtly remind me of how silly these things are (like coming across this thread for example!)

basically IMO The Old Man is a very distinct, kind, and helpful archetype and so many people are able to recognize him (i mean.. there's TONS of mythology from Asia centered around a wise old man who teaches the hero exactly what he needs) but what i have to add is this: What are the more subtle archetypes up to..?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

In years past, the "old man" was a revered harbinger of arcane wisdom or other mysterious revelations.

Now, the old man is more likely a probable target for the "knockout" game. His wooden staff and philosophical depth are no match for the sucker punches of street animals who could not care less.

His time may have passed, it would seem to some.

hahaha! it's very interesting how such a concise, smartassy (though intelligently smartassy
) comment such as this, can actually carry quite a bit of meaning.
first off, the laugh is great for opening one up to thinking about something from a more objective point-of-view.. secondly, if we're speaking about archetypes here, I would absolutely agree that the wise old man is often drowned out by the violent, chaotic, loud, confused forces (which in this case, are represented by participants in "the knockout game") but it is only this way for some..

Once one is no longer victim to listening to "he who yells the loudest and hits the hardest", it is much simpler to find knowledge that works for you as an individual and shift the balance to where you see it is needed.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Not the old man, but I was given a clear visit by the "woman in white in the lake" when I was very young.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Very good thread to read through and think about, I too have had an experience but I am somewhat reluctant to share it.

S&F to the OP and thanks for all the posters sharing their stories on this thread.

Regards, Iwinder

ETA...PM to Danbones
edit on 24-2-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Never saw him, but he did scold me.
A very very guttural old male voice, curiously nobody else heard it/they missed it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Advantage

woodwytch

Advantage
You mean Napi?? Of course!

Well, I was reading this thread with some interest but didn't make the connection until I saw your post.

'Napi' (the old man) ... many years ago (20+) I was experiencing a lot of things both spiritual and paranormal and one day during my meditations I was told these words 'Pasha Napi' ... I have never been able to find-out exactly what it means ... other than I managed to find-out that Napi means 'the Old Man' (in terms of a godlike deity) ... do you (or anyone else reading this) have any idea what it means in it's entirety ?

I remember at the time feeling it was very important to me on a personal level as far as my development was concerned but I have still not found a specific translation.

Woody )O(
edit on 09/09/2013 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

Im Siksika.. Blackfeet.. and since I was born off rez I definitely dont speak the language fluently! My parents were both born on rez and I can call my mother and see if she knows what Pasha Napi is.. is anything.. later tonight. Napi means Old Man.. you can find a lot on him online these days. "Pasha" doesnt sound familiar to me in the least though!
Im Piegan Blackfeet so maybe its a word in one of the other Blackfeet dialects.

here is what i found

NAPILiteral meaning: ‘old man’. The creator deity of the Blackfoot Indians, a tribe of Algonquin stock. It is suggested that Napi is a god of light rather than a solar deity. This would make his name ‘dawn-light-colour-man’.

In character the Old Man is a curious mixture of opposite attributes. At the creation of the world he is spoken of as the thoughtful and wise sky father; but, in other dealings with mankind, he displays an impishness, even in spite worthy of the trickster god Coyote. The Blackfeet, however, are sure about his immortality. They say that he has simply withdrawn into the mountains and has promised to return one day. Natos, ‘the sun’ appears to have taken the place of Napi as their supreme deity: his wife is Kokomikeis ‘the moon’. According to legend, all the children of Natos and Kokomikeis were eaten by pelicans, except Apisuahts, ‘the morning star’.

Having created the world and set it in order Napi made the first people out of clay. By a river he introduced himself to them, and was surprised at a question from the first women. She asked: ‘How is it? Will we always live, will there be no end to it?’ He replied: ‘I have never thought of that. We must decide. I will toss this chip of wood into the river. If it floats, when people die, in four days they will breathe again; death will last four days. But if it sinks, there will be no end to death.’ Napi threw the chip in the river and it floated. The first women picked up a stone and said: ‘If it floats we will always live, but if it sinks people must die.’ The stone immediately sank and Napi said: ‘You have chosen.’ Later the woman's baby died so that she realized what she had done.

Read more: www.answers.com...

I'm ojibwa/wendat metis ( irish, french )as are the others here in my local who have seen the old man from the sky
Pasha is an INDIAN from India word meaning head...perhaps it to exists in an indigenous language
just like manis tusu is in India what manitou is to an algonquin...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I've always understood him to be Manannán mac Lýr, the Celtic god of the sea, and ferryman of the dead. Irish and British folklore are rife with tales of a balding, aged man, who walks with a cane (sometimes dripping the sea from his robed sleeves), who does good deeds for the living. The legends of the United Kingdom say that he did these services for men, women, and children for thousands of years, hundreds of which occurred after the Christians had demonized his race, known as the Tuatha dé.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thank you for the feedback and responses, people. A lot of you seem to be barking up the right tree, so to speak.

I'm not trying to be cryptic or holding back anything; just trying to avoid being reductionist.

Let's keep brainstorming.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
To the OP, let me just say........ Yes.

A broken home, a child cries, a tormented house where haunting lies.
A man in white, top hat and cain, a gentle smile keeps a child sane.
Tiny stance on the window sil, tap a dance just for the thrill.
The door will knock when a pause is in need, a shuffle gone with vigor and speed.
Close your eyes, never mind the noise, just look at me and share the joy's.
Supernatural embrace to soften the blow, a touch of grace his presence sow.
The light in darkness, the warm in cold, the soft in harshness, the young in old.
A childs dream or a saving grace, a man in white, a smiling face.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The Wise Old Man is one of the archetypes of the collective unconscious identified by the great Swiss psychologist and mystic Carl Jung.

The collective unconscious is not a being or a place. It is a collection of instincts and behaviour patterns that is common to all human beings in exactly the same way that thumbs, thighbones and lungs are common to all human beings (apart from an unfortunate few).

The collective unconscious does not exist in the Fourth Dimension, the Fifth Chakra or the Seventh Density. It exists only as a pattern of information hard-wired into the human brain.

Archetypes of the collective unconscious are not ghosts, gods or demons. They are simply conceptual metaphors for our instincts and behaviour patterns. Because the instincts and patterns are common to all of us, the images and metaphors are common to all of us, too. However, each sees them through the lens of his or her own culture and personal experience, so they differ slightly in form and sometimes in attributes from culture to culture and person to person.

This is very important to remember: although they are generated unconsciously, archetypes of the collective unconscious appear only in the conscious mind. That is why images of them can be created. Such images are an essential part of human culture — of our art, our thought, our magic and religion. They help us understand and explain ourselves to ourselves. That is their function.

The Old Man of whom you speak only exists in your mind. This is true even if you have met him and shaken hands with him yourself.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join