It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Were You Born? This Site Knows. (USA only)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

S & F & a lot of WT?

Born/Raised in the Commonwealth (of Va) & this thingie wants to place me in Shreveport, Jackson, Miss., or Birmingham, Bama!?

I guess I'm a Southern Belle at heart? LOL. I did study for my BS in Jaawwga so maybe the test picked up on that....Yet, when I was living in the marshes down there, I was often mistaken for being from Minnesota based on my accent...I suppose I'm just hybrid-America...this is funny!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

BurningSpearess

S & F & a lot of WT?

Born/Raised in the Commonwealth (of Va) & this thingie wants to place me in Shreveport, Jackson, Miss., or Birmingham, Bama!?

I guess I'm a Southern Belle at heart? LOL. I did study for my BS in Jaawwga so maybe the test picked up on that....Yet, when I was living in the marshes down there, I was often mistaken for being from Minnesota based on my accent...I suppose I'm just hybrid-America...this is funny!

Hey! You grew up where I live right now.
I was born here and have never left. Small world.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ha! I would love to see how this site knows

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Pretty interesting quiz, it says I come from Virginia but I was born and raised in Florida. I also interchange words often, and have an expanded vocabulary for certain things that were asked on the quiz as well, so I dunno it wasn't very accurate for me.

I did look in to my last name the other day because of that thread on names meaning something, and I concluded that people with my last name moved to the Virginia area from Ireland or something. So, maybe that has some truth to it, but still weird that I've never even lived in that area of the US

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well, not where I was born, but where I grew up, it had two of the three towns at least in the right state, but I never lived in them. They maybe just use the bigger towns in the state?

Pretty interesting all the same.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It knew I was from Iowa.... "pop" gave it away.

Thanks for posting this - very fun!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

BurningSpearess

S & F & a lot of WT?

Hey! You grew up where I live right now.
I was born here and have never left. Small world.

Cool! I grew up in the town that houses VT...so my parents sent me out of state so I would get the full college experience, lol...

I'm now in NOVA rat race (after stops for Ed. In GA & CA...no wonder I skewed the test...lol...)

My family has books on lineage both sides from 1600s...I'm a mix of English, Irish, Scottish, German, & Dutch with Cherokee & Shawnee from our home Commonwealth & NC.. Quite the combo?, lol...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My cousin shared this with me a few weeks back. She was all excited when it was so accurate with her. I tried it and it pegged me for Florida, Washington state, and Wisconsin. I was born in Michigan and have returned after traveling and living in many different states. I must be a smorgasbord of dialects and slang. I guess I will say it is accurate enough not to give me any southwestern or northeastern suggestions, since I never been down there nor for very long in the NE yet.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It didn't work for this canuck............too long running script ? whatever that means....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It put me in California, Michigan, and Alabama, none of which I have ever spent time in (born, raised, and still living in Central Florida)!

This is interesting to me, because I've had many people comment that they like hearing me speak, because I no 'discernible' accent - one of my acting coaches was fascinated by this...

This was a really fun little assessment, glad you posted it!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Not even close to where I was born, or very close since I covered most of the map. lol

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It did not work for me. I am a yooper from Gladstone, Mich. The maps showed Omaha and Denver. But to be fair, my dad was in the military and I spent zero time in Mich. Once I was borne, we were all over the place.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeEm

The drive thru liquor store pegged me...they have them in Nc and just on the Va boarder down in the beach areas and they're all called brew thrus...like that's the name on the sign.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hrmm. Most of my map was orange with some blue in the SE. The cities pegged were Santa Rosa, Omaha, and Lincoln. I've never been to those three cities. In fact, the region that is the deepest red? I've never even been there. Closest was Santa Clarita as I have some reason to believe that I lived in San Francisco for about a year when I was very young. However, that's not even confirmed. My best guess for why it bombed on me is because my mom was a base brat (moved around a lot). Other than that, I have no idea, lol. I have always known that I swap dialects. I picked up ya'll from my mom but usually say "you" and will only sometimes say "ya'll". I'll use both soda and pop but use soda most frequently so I picked my choices based on most frequent use.

nyti.ms...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Gave results of being between 3 very close cities... which was exactly where I grew up... in the suburbs between those 3 cities....

Eerily accurate.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was born in South Carolina, but according to the quiz I most likely came from Hawaii or the Southwest. A true testament to my childhood as an Air Force brat. Cool!

edit on 24-2-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It was spot on. Although most people around the world I've encountered would say I talk like I am from Canada or Minnesota.

Some of the questions were confusing and entertaining.

Thanks for the thread S&F

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I thought I would confuse it since I grew up in Cleveland and have been in the south for over 20 years. Didn't happen. It said Buffalo, Cleveland, or Ft Worth TX.

I guess now I understand when I come up on a group of folks and they look at me and say, "you ain't from around here are ya boy".

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lawn Guyland here LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It was pretty close. Within a couple miles. Firefly gave me away. Oddly, we don't have those where I live.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join