It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Were You Born? This Site Knows. (USA only)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm from south central England, apparently I would be best suited in New York or jersey! I think not... Cali FTW!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Woah! Mine was way off. I am from Austin, Tx. It seems to think I came from Jackson, MS. Birmingham, AL. or Winston-Salem, NC. Y'all was the only word it picked up on. I hate that I say that word but I do lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I need to remember that if i travel anywhere in the near future, don't ask where the "bubbler" is. You learn something new every day!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I took the test even though it's for Americans.

It gave me 3 possible locations of birth:

Now be honest, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I always thought of myself as a west coast person lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DuckforcoveR

"Bubbler" How strange. I have traveled all over the US and have never ever heard anyone refer to anything as a bubbler. My first thought would be possibly the little bubble of spit that comes out of some peoples mouth when they snore lol. Seriously, have you ever heard someone say that and if so where were you?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Also from Australia my results were eerily similar! This whole test is racist!
We're not Yonkers, maybe bonkers though...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Whoa... Ok I grew up about 40 miles from where I was born and it gave me both! That is insane...

Thanks for this I'm going to be sending it to all my peeps

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Lol.

Well according to this test I was supposed to be from Chattanooga, Jacksonville, or Greensboro. Not even remotely close. I wish but nope. Lol

Grim

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I was born in the United States, and two of the choices it gave I have never lived in. The third choice I lived for 6 months before I ever started school. Now, two of those choices are in the state i was born, but thats it... so, kinda, but not really... at least 350 miles off, if not more....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

lonewolf2

They forgot to add the rest of the world on the map again. Hmf !

They forgot and I forgot to mention it. Shame on us both.
It would have been much more fun if it worked for everyone.

iRoyalty
I'm from south central England, apparently I would be best suited in New York or jersey! I think not... Cali FTW!

It's weird how it's trying to put almost all of those NOT born in the US as northerners?
Odd.

Holographicmeat

Woah! Mine was way off. I am from Austin, Tx. It seems to think I came from Jackson, MS. Birmingham, AL. or Winston-Salem, NC. Y'all was the only word it picked up on. I hate that I say that word but I do lol.

We all say it here and I hate it too. When I can catch myself, I do try to correct it, but it is hard to change something it seems like you were almost born with!

DuckforcoveR
I need to remember that if i travel anywhere in the near future, don't ask where the "bubbler" is. You learn something new every day!

LOL! I have never heard it called that by anyone and I have heard of most everything in the whole test. Go figure!

reply to post by skyblueworld

It depends on who you ask if it's a good thing or not.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thank you MODS for helping me change the title.
I will try to do better in the future by remembering that not everyone here lives in the US.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

LOL... wow, I think I almost broke the test. It took about 5 minutes to figure me out and then it was so off I've been laughing ever since!

My 3 cities are Fresno, CA - Denver, CO and...Newark, NJ??? I suppose this is what happens when you take a southern woman and stick her in the northern US for too long.......

Kanga, thanks for some fun to start the day out!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I'm from South Africa and I got the same results! ...it seems that British influence is undeniable xD I can't imagine living in New York! I'm a small town kinda guy who much prefers the bush to the city... would I come across as a pompous city-slicker, I wonder.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

that was fun.
it was pretty close. about 150 miles away from where i grew up. granted the small town i grew up in doesn't show up on most maps.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
That was pretty cool and scary accurate. I was born in raised in central Ohio (I've been in Michigan the last 3 years) but my mother was born in raised in eastern Kentucky. We would travel there to visit family quite often. Apparently, I picked up a lot from my mother and family there. On my map, the most intense red is exactly where my mother grew up and the second most is pretty much central and southern Ohio. Neat.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Im in Scotland but apparently I speak like a person from Long Beach or San Jose.

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It got me wrong, I'm guessing because I moved so much as kid. From one side of the nation and drove all the way over to the other side. Then live out of my car for a while up and down the east coast. I guess I've picked up a lot of bad habits from all over the place. I do find it funny I could name the areas that the saying came from.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I grew up in the military and married into the military thus spending more than 50 years of my life travelling. I have lived in every region of the US and in Europe and Asia.

The test totally missed where I was born and where my parents are from.

However,

It was spot on where my grandparents were born, met and grew up, my historical roots, where my parents retired even though far from where they were born and raised; where my youngest daughter now lives; my sister lives; and where I feel most "at home" even though I live far far from there.

I found that quite interesting.

edit on 24-2-2014 by grandmakdw because: clarify

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Not bad. I havent lived in Indiana in a loooong time. So I think pop, and rolly polly gave me up.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Pretty impressive hahah...I kept thinking the whole time no way...im too different but nope..it nailed it!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join