It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Were You Born? This Site Knows. (USA only)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Second time around it hit on where I was born and that is just a 4 hour drive and a state line from where I live now so pretty good.
I did answer more to what gets said around me this time too which i am sure is how the test is designed. Really cool, gonna share this one

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Scots... and Swiss men...

Sorry. What were we talking about?

ETA: I meant Swiss not Swedish!
edit on 2/24/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

unb3k44n7

Scots... and Swedish men..

Sorry. What were we talking about?

I can't remember it's so hot in here and all...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

It said I was from Miami.

It is a bit off, I live in Australia!

Lol

P

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I think you would fit in up in northern cheeseland. We're forgiving folks around here. And our small down dialect consists of stringing multiple words together.

IE: "Are you going to go to the store?"

would be said as "Are you gongotahstore."

It flows nicely

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

So, an Aussie with Scottish (and Irish) heritage would really get the juices flowing then aye???

My head-office is in New Orleans so I talk to a lot of characters from those 2 areas and I must say, the accent is growing on me - especially the Louisiana folks.

I will be in New Orleans for a week on business next month actually - really looking forward to all this spicy food I keep hearing about.

Cheers Roo4u

edit on 24-2-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Boooooo it only works for Americans

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Just finished taking the test, and it says the cities that most closely match my speech patterns are the Yonkers, N.Y.C and the Jersey City area. So is that why people here in Oklahoma look at me sideways when I say the words "Bastid" and "Cawffee" ? lol

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Sublimecraft

So, an Aussie with Scottish (and Irish) heritage would really get the juices flowing then aye???

Indeed.

My head-office is in Houston and another in New Orleans so I talk to a lot of characters from those 2 areas and I must say, the accent is growing on me - especially the Louisiana folks.

I will be in New Orleans for a week on business next month actually - really looking forward to all this spicy food I keep hearing about.

Cheers Roo4u

New Orleans is one of the places I have always wanted to go. Their accents tend to greatly from one person to another there. I have seen some on TV talk that did need subtitles it was so thick, while others have that french touch to it.

Enjoy your trip. Too bad it isn't time for Mardi Gras.
You could really get a taste of the life then.

OpenEars123
Boooooo it only works for Americans

I'm sorry. I really didn't even notice that until I posted it.

DexteramLucifer
Just finished taking the test, and it says the cities that most closely match my speech patterns are the Yonkers, N.Y.C and the Jersey City area. So is that why people here in Oklahoma look at me sideways when I say the words "Bastid" and "Cawffee" ? lol

That may very well have something to do with it.
Gahhh! An outsider in our midst!!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Well, I'm not too sure where Northern Cheeseland is, but anything with Cheese gets my vote. I also like the idea of cutting out syllables and sentences when talking and just letting everything flow into one huge word.

Waddayareckon.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I bet it works fantastically well for folks from the US. The test excludes all other possible locations however, so I found it to be accurate to within four thousand miles only

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Well, I'm not too sure where Northern Cheeseland is, but anything with Cheese gets my vote. I also like the idea of cutting out syllables and sentences when talking and just letting everything flow into one huge word
Waddayareckon.

Perfect! "Reckon" would fit in here. Nobody would turn heads to "Waddaya" either Haha
Also, you would be kind of a celebrity status around here by default. It's a strange phenomenon that happens haha. We don't get like... any foreign people living around here... foreign as in those who are not european-descended caucasions (white) (hope that Isn't offensive, only meant for descriptive purposes)

So it would almost be like a fun game for the locals, in a nice way
Many would be curious about you

We do sometimes get this solo group of UK folks for about 1 week in the summer... But you only run into them rarely, and It's always when they go out for dinner and you happen to be at the same restaurant at the same time they are.

I saw one of the UK tourists open the car door for his lady after exiting the restaurant once.
I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS?! PEOPLE DO THAT?!!!

I was not only completely shocked, but jealous kind of Haha! and found it pretty interesting
edit on 2/24/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
says i am from fort lauderdale or tallahassee
i am from mars honest

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Dead on. Got me with "blow off" and "access road". Weird.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Pretty accurate.
That is, if I used the words I grew up saying. Rather than things I've picked up since.
Pegged me to within 20 miles of the hospital of my birth...not bad!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It didnt say I was born in Kalmar, Sweden. How strange hu? oh, wait, this was just for english speaking ppl, aa dang it, maybe put it in the topic?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Nettlas
It didnt say I was born in Kalmar, Sweden. How strange hu? oh, wait, this was just for english speaking ppl, aa dang it, maybe put it in the topic?

Sorry again.
I didn't even think about that until after I posted it. By the time it was bought up my editing time limit was exceeded. I should have thought about it, but didn't. I am sorry for that.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

They forgot to add the rest of the world on the map again. Hmf !

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I grew up in the UK, my accent and word usage aren't all that specific, though interested to see where my word usage fits with US accents / word usage.

Most of my answers didn't relate to any specific area of the US, as most of the questions feature words used commonly in certain US states.

Though a few of my answers matched for NY.

edit on 24-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It gave me 3 locations in the usa :/ smh..wrong country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join