It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to recommend deep budget cuts targeting pay, benefits

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I agree completely about the Congressional orders on military buying and the absurdity of it. I could have sworn I did a thread on it, but I can't find it. This is the basic story though..

Army to Congress: Thanks, but no tanks

Waste from just that political garbage is enormous, no question. There are many places they could cut before cutting the individual pay and benefits of the men.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I agree completely about the Congressional orders on military buying and the absurdity of it. I could have sworn I did a thread on it, but I can't find it. This is the basic story though..

Army to Congress: Thanks, but no tanks

Waste from just that political garbage is enormous, no question. There are many places they could cut before cutting the individual pay and benefits of the men.

Exactly!

Money money and more money is sometime not the best way.

There so much fat to trim and very ambiguous areas that could be cut to save billions without touching the pacific defences.
America presence in the pacific is vital and I don’t think that should be touched. But its presence in Europe and the ME? Well EU for sure it could cut back to just a few bases for training and monitoring, quite frankly we have enough resources to look after ourselves without bothering you guys over the pond, I certainly dont see why your tax money is being used to protect me when the UK has more than enough cabilitys to protect itself, UK navy and airforce would make mincemeat of most nations and would stop a Rusian invasion (not that the russians have any reason to invade the UK) and France and Germany have a good military to deter any Russian problems . We know full well if something big were to kick off you guys would turn up the same way we would be there is the USA was actually attacked. As for the ME? Well its clear interfering just keeps backfiring and causing more issues, so unless Iran or Syria start building carrier fleets and projection capability’s I thinks it won’t hurt to take a huge step back.

Really the USA should just take a step back and focus on the pacific were the real trouble is likley to kick off.
edit on 25-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join