I just got this in my email from my friend back home I thought it would be necessary to send this along, since I feel this too is discraceful and
I'm writing this letter as a young aspiring filmmaker and a concerned Canadian. I totally understand the struggle of my fellow tradesmen when it
comes to finding a great original idea. The whole point, from a business aspect, is to come up with a script that will sell. From an artistic
standpoint, you want something that will intrigue the audience as well. I have to say though, in the following case, I'm not torn in the least as to
what the right thing to do is. I just heard today that there is a film being made about the Bernardo murders. When I heard this, I was shocked to say
the least. The idea of making a film about something so real, so recent and so close to home, just didn't seem right to me. I feel that its
exploitation at it's lowest and it sickens me to think that something so horrible could be commercialized. When I heard that Jason Priestly was
hoping to land the role of Bernardo, it really struck a nerve. What has happened to this country and our sense of decency for which we are known
worldwide? It seems that it's now taking a backseat to capitalism, in which case I dread to think where we're heading. The very idea demeans what we
as a country are in the eyes of the world and in our own sense of national identity this is not what we are about. I haven't spoken to anyone, since
word came out about this movie, who doesn't share my sentiments. Everyone seems to think that sensationalizing such a disgusting crime, that happened
in our own country, is a terrible thing to do. I would never support such an endeavor, and I ask now for your support in mine. We as Canadians, and
concerned citizens, should speak out against this kind of exploitation and support the families of the victims in t heir attempt to stop this film
from being made. Please give your show of support and lets send a message to these producers that this is a bad idea. Sign this boycott of their film,
and if you're the 100th person to sign it, please send it back to me so I can amalgamate our efforts.
Let's be decent- let's be Canadian.
Daniel J. Potyok mailto: email@example.com
(COPY the entire email and PASTE into a new mail message)
NOTE: The parents of the two teenage girls that were victims of sexual assault and murdered have been trying to prevent this film from being made.
Let's see what protest we can make to support them in their efforts. Let's keep this petition moving right along quickly.
For more information; www.snopes.com...
1. Devon Grey - Welland Ontario
2. Rebecca Satchell-St. Catharines, Ont.
3. Daniel Mercier-St.Catharines,Ont
4. Deanna Nicholls - St. Catharines, Ontario
5. Tavis Nicholls - St. Catharines, Ontario
6. Betty Lane - Niagara Falls, ON
7. J.Bye - St.Catharines, Ont.
8. Charlie Battel-St.Catharines,ON
9. N. Savoy, Thorold, On.
10. Lesley Linton, Toronto, ON.
12. Dorothy & Alan Braid St Catharines ON,
13. Bill & Doreen Hanna St.Catharines,On.
14. Pat Steinmetz, St.Catharines, ON.
15. Bob Steinmetz, St.Catharines,On
16. Tracy D'Antonio North Bay, On
17. Marg Curran Niagara Falls, On
18. Bill Curran Niagara Falls, On
19. Ralph and Judy D'Antonio, St. Catharines, On.
20. Melissa&Joe Roma,NiagaraFalls,Ont.
21. Christie Salmon, St. Catharines, ON.
22. S. Marandola, St. Catharines, ON
23. Leigh Pritchard and Ray Shotter, St. Catharines, ON
24. Clara Suba, St. Catharines, ON
25. Katharine Lorence, St. Catharines, ON
26. Rachel Miller, St. Catharines, ON
27. Krysty Webb, St. Catharines, ON
28. Aleks Couturier, St. Catharines, ON
29. Todd Greenhalgh,St.Catharines,ON
30. Greg Greenhalgh, St.Catharines,ON
31. Michelle Hay, St.Catharines, ON
32. Kelly Baker, St. Catharines, ON
33. Erin Vint, St. Catharines, ON
34. Marcy Hadgraft, St. Catharines ON
35. Josh Saunders, St. Catharines, ON
36. Sarah Barnes, St. Catharines, ON
37. Ashley Berry, St.Catharines, ON
38. Karen Wiinholt,St.Catharines,ON
39. Kelly Collins,St.Catharines,ON
40. Rob Tyndall, St. Catharines, ON
41. Lauren Kennedy, St. Catharines ON
42. Wendy Middleton, St. Catharines, ON
43. Jody Dawson, Niagara Falls, ON
44. Rob Gilmour, Grimsby, ON
45. Ashley Gibson, Windsor/ Fort Erie, ON
46. Kelly Fawcett, Windsor, ON
47. Shari Oberscheider, Crystal Beach, Ontario
48. Amy Hayes, St. Catharines,ON
49. Ruth Zuvic, Port Colborne, ON
50. Kerri Cyr, St. Catharines.ON
51. Will McPherson, Vineland, Ont.
52. L Wainwright, St. Catharines, ON
53. Carole Boucock, St. Catharines, ON
54. Tari and Steve Gibson, Thorold, ON
55. Shonna Stefurak, St, Catharines, ON
56. Tim Daly, St. Catharines, ON
57. Joy Stewart-Riffle, St. Catharines, ON
58. Pat Meggison, Charlottetown. P.E.I
59. Francine & Rod Estabrooks. St. Catharines, ON
60. Stephanie Thibault, St.Catharines, ONT
61. Sarah J Bird, St.Catharines, On