It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism Analogue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Can I make a bold assumption, wild guess.
You are comparing your analogy with the Bibles teachings on God and creation
You are suggesting your understanding reflects the teaching of the Torah

Sadly if this is the case you have a few fundamental failures that pervert the whole understanding of the teachings of the Bible

Number 1 error, of oh so many, we were not created as toys but companions. God wants relationships with beings of value.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

borntowatch

Not sure how this is a 'bold assumption', or why you even needed to say it. For one I posted this in the religion subforum, with 'Creationism' in the title; secondly I specifically said it was meant to be a frame of reference to compare against monthestic deities based around the heaven/hell duality; and third that's largely what we've been discussing so far. Yes, your wild guess was really "insightful"...

Not exactly. I'm simply posing a creationism analogue that's realistic by some standard, and then asking the question of why Victario's decision would/would not be evil.

Sadly if this is the case you have a few fundamental failures that pervert the whole understanding of the teachings of the Bible

Number 1 error, of oh so many, we were not created as toys but companions. God wants relationships with beings of value.

You didn't answer the question in my original post; yet immediately jump to stating the attributes and intent of God. Instead of shirking the question, I ask you to answer it honestly.

As for God creating us as companions, that doesn't have anything to do with the main point. Let's say Victario created simulated humans because he was lonely; the outcome still being the same. The premeditated design of a universe where hell is the final destination. That is, most conscious things are statistically bound to hell.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Raelsatu

borntowatch

Not sure how this is a 'bold assumption', or why you even needed to say it. For one I posted this in the religion subforum, with 'Creationism' in the title; secondly I specifically said it was meant to be a frame of reference to compare against monthestic deities based around the heaven/hell duality; and third that's largely what we've been discussing so far. Yes, your wild guess was really "insightful"...

Not exactly. I'm simply posing a creationism analogue that's realistic by some standard, and then asking the question of why Victario's decision would/would not be evil.

You didn't answer the question in my original post; yet immediately jump to stating the attributes and intent of God. Instead of shirking the question, I ask you to answer it honestly.

As for God creating us as companions, that doesn't have anything to do with the main point. Let's say Victario created simulated humans because he was lonely; the outcome still being the same. The premeditated design of a universe where hell is the final destination. That is, most conscious things are statistically bound to hell.

See I have a problem with this line
"The premeditated design of a universe where hell is the final destination.That is, most conscious things are statistically bound to hell."

You propose a question that I dont fully understand, see I have a basic understanding of Christianity so see the analogy of the creation narrative, yet I see some basic flaws in your scenario, so please clarify a few points.

What is Victarios hell? Describe this creation if you could.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

borntowatch
"The premeditated design of a universe where hell is the final destination.That is, most conscious things are statistically bound to hell."

You propose a question that I dont fully understand, see I have a basic understanding of Christianity so see the analogy of the creation narrative, yet I see some basic flaws in your scenario, so please clarify a few points.

Victario's hell can be anything you want it to I suppose, but for the purpose of this analogy I'm likening it to the Christian or Islamic hell. Essentially an afterlife where the soul/spirit of a sinner is tortured for eternity. Just as God designed his creation with foreknowledge of the outcomes, Victario sets the parameters for his simulation. In a way similar to how a game artist would design and create a virtual world... that is, minus the complexity & realism that would give rise to sentient lifeforms.

If you've researched any into simulation theory, or even the prospect of simulations as a viable future experimentation; this would basically mean humans achieve enough computing power to realistically simulate physics, the properties of matter/energy, consciousness, so forth and so on. In which case there's bound to be people who break the code of ethics (in many different ways); in Victario's scenario it's pretty much the pinnacle of abject horror --- a place of eternal pain that awaits most of his simulated human creations. Is this evil? I would personally think so..

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Raelsatu

borntowatch

Victario's hell can be anything you want it to I suppose, but for the purpose of this analogy I'm likening it to the Christian or Islamic hell. Essentially an afterlife where the soul/spirit of a sinner is tortured for eternity. Just as God designed his creation with foreknowledge of the outcomes, Victario sets the parameters for his simulation. In a way similar to how a game artist would design and create a virtual world... that is, minus the complexity & realism that would give rise to sentient lifeforms.

If you've researched any into simulation theory, or even the prospect of simulations as a viable future experimentation; this would basically mean humans achieve enough computing power to realistically simulate physics, the properties of matter/energy, consciousness, so forth and so on. In which case there's bound to be people who break the code of ethics (in many different ways); in Victario's scenario it's pretty much the pinnacle of abject horror --- a place of eternal pain that awaits most of his simulated human creations. Is this evil? I would personally think so..

Allow me to offer an additional question - are these simulations autonomous, or is every detail planned out beforehand? I mean, if you're also factoring in omniscience...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Allow me to offer an additional question - are these simulations autonomous, or is every detail planned out beforehand? I mean, if you're also factoring in omniscience...

Well we could go much more in depth when talking about simulations, but for the sake of the topic I'm trying not to expand too far. Actually here's a thread I began a while back titled God & Simulation Theory, where I briefly discuss the relative nature of omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience in respect to external observers.

In terms of simulations being autonomous, it would seem likely that at some point most of them would be run autonomously --- to essentially act as novelty generators/data mines, ad infinitum. However, it's also very likely that game designers and players will directly participate in some simulations; that is, some simulations will be more like artificial realities, specifically tailored to fit the "theme" players are looking for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join