It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbows Room

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is an off shoot, if you will, of this thread...
Valentine Greetings

Many, many people took part either directly on the thread or 'behind the scenes'.
If you don't want to get the background by reading the whole thread, I will give a summary here.

Although started as a place where people either directly on the thread or by using me as a 'go between' could express their thanks and gratitude to other members directly or anonymously here on ATS, it very quickly took on a life of its own.

Besides the wonderful poems, Gordi wrote an anthem for us

We learnt to drink copious amounts of rum (True Brit), ate lots of fruit....especially NightStars ferrets eating all the bananas, baked loads of cakes, redecorated the shed (moi), re-built and up-cycled all sorts from motorbikes to furniture (codi and Gordi), went tadpole hunting with Tsu in the hope of finding a prince for us ladies, rock 'n' rolled to endless music, but most of all friendships were seeded and oak trees are growing.

As one member said in a U2U to me, they followed our thread because it was like a happy soap opera which always made them smile.

So, as February the 14th has officially passed, but the momentum of what we now called the Rainbows Room grew, we felt every day should be a Valentines Day. In fact, historically all over the world it is celebrated on different days, it also has many different origins...
here are some examples....

In Norfolk, a character called 'Jack' Valentine knocks on the rear door of houses leaving sweets and presents for children.

It has been celebrated as the day when the first work in the vineyards and in the fields commences.

In Slovenia, Saint Valentine or Zdravko was one of the saints of spring, the saint of good health and the patron of beekeepers and pilgrims.

Valentine's Day has only recently been celebrated as the day of love. The day of love was traditionally March 12, the Saint Gregory's day, or February 22, Saint Vincent's Day. The patron of love was Saint Anthony, whose day has been celebrated on June 13.[35]

In Iran, the Sepandarmazgan, or Esfandegan, is a festival where people express love towards their mothers and wives, and it is also a celebration of earth in ancient Persian culture.

In some Latin American countries Valentine's Day is known as "Día del Amor y la Amistad" (Day of Love and Friendship).
It is also common to see people perform "acts of appreciation" for their friends. In Guatemala it is known as the "Día del Cariño" (Affection Day)

In Wales, many people celebrate Dydd Santes Dwynwen (St Dwynwen's Day) on January 25 instead of (or as well as) Valentine's Day. The day commemorates St Dwynwen, the patron saint of Welsh lovers.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Day

So you see it is not all about anonymous declarations of love.

So whether you want to be a follower (I dislike the term lurker) of the new season of The Rainbows Room, or just call in for the odd cuppa and cake, or just join in more often.....allow me to present our new home

This is our new shed where NightStar and jacygirl look after our ferrets and dragons

You'll notice Gordithedrummer's newly renovated campervan

Oh, and I mustn't forget our new pot for the endless cups of tea!

So dive in and help spread the rainbows!

Jane

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Perhaps I will send you guys some sandals and hand knit sweaters to wear whilst sipping organic chai under the dreamcatchers and listening to the 'soothing sounds of nature'. Just make sure the incense is legal!

Does that mean there are ATS amour things going on that we have to be aware of, like there's some couple that got together on ATS and talk about it a lot but before they did it was a bit suss?

Hmm anyhow, I am sure it beats online dating in the not so scary factor but love is good so hopefully it will be good for those participating and people not getting hurt from it.
edit on 23-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Tired.

Need... tea.

Boba?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OMG I am sooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally we can all be together again! Wait till our other friends see this! The house and shed and all the vibrant lovely colors. WOW!Gives Jane a big hug!

You know as Jacy was saying, that other thread meant a lot to us. We were so shocked to see such an amazing place just disappear like that without a warning. My jaw literally dropped and my eyes bugged out when I dicovered it was closed down. I was crushed! I didn't know what to do with myself. LOL

All I wanted was to visit with all the new wonderful friends I made in here who made me smile even through the darkness. I wonder Jane, if you had any idea that your sweet original thread would have turned into something so profound? You have truly brought people together in such a wonderful, fun and nurturing way.
edit on 23-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh, and RAINBOWS NEVER GO OUT OF SEASON Mr. "valentines is over u guize" moderator.

You know who you are.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Waves at Serdgiam!
Throws rainbow confetti.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sees Wind Storm and the other dragons and ferrets fast asleep from their long time of waiting for all the people to return. Smiles warmly and picks out a room in the new house to settle down into.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Night Star
Waves at Serdgiam!
Throws rainbow confetti.

*eats confetti*

Thats what you do with it right?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Waves hello!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Serdgiam

Night Star
Waves at Serdgiam!
Throws rainbow confetti.

*eats confetti*

Thats what you do with it right?

In here, why of course! Tastes sort of like skittles where you can taste the rainbow.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm working in the 'backroom' at the mo....so glad you guys are here....I'll be back to catch up once I've finished sending 'smoke signals'

Rainbows
Jane

Love your post serdgiem
...you cheeky monkey!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Nakoma, when I said to make yourself at home, I didn't mean at the kitchen table.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Alright, who put clothes on the squirrel?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
*throws more charcoal on the BBQ, rushes in for a quick cuppa whilst it builds up more smoke, thinking about the surprise the sleeping Brits will get in the morning!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

angelchemuel
*throws more charcoal on the BBQ, rushes in for a quick cuppa whilst it builds up more smoke, thinking about the surprise the sleeping Brits will get in the morning!

Rainbows
Jane

LOL I know and my adopted sister jacy form Canada too! Can't wait!!! True went to bed shortly before you opened the thread. LOL he just missed it.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Yesterday, my son (who is ten) said, "Daddy, I like rainbows. I'm not gay but I like rainbows."

I said, "Okay, son".

He said, "I'm taking back rainbows from the gays. Is that okay daddy?"

I replied, "Yes son, you do whatever you need to do. You have my support."

edit on 23-2-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Looks great!

Nice place

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Awwwww booger....where was he?
Has he recovered from his Friday night out?
Rainbows
Jane

PS....hey Beezer and Ruff! *waves through the smoke*
edit on 23-2-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I was pretty sure about it, I am a genius after all.

My mum used to sing a song to me: "Eat paint chips and confetti, so much profit!"

Looking at it now, Im not sure that even makes sense... so it might not be the best advice.

*shrugs*

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And for the inauguration of the Rainbows Room...

This seems like the start of a perfect thread...

peace,

AB

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join