It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's no evidence that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
physicla evidence no, circumstancial evidence, yes,

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

olemanonthemoon

The Roswell case, for one. The physical evidence that we know of that consists of fragments of metal from a crashed object (handled by a number of eye witnesses, some of whom reported via death bed confessions on the veracity of same), alien bodies (whether from other planets or other dimensions, no one who knows will say), etc.

So where is the physical evidence? You know that you need an actual alien body to claim that we have an actual alien body. With Roswell we are back to only witness reports and "confessions", same old stuff. What we do see is people claiming physical evidence, but in every case the evidence disappears, alien probes evaporate, women impregnated with alien DNA have all traces mysteriously removed before anyone can investigate, perfect government cover ups etc... In the end in All cases nothing to show, 6000 years of nothing...

The Rendelsham forest case, for another. Numerous incidents of military pilots prior to 1960 disappearing without a trace while pursuing UFOs...a whole village full of people in Canada disappearing along with the bodies in their cemetary...The Stan Romanek case, where he has written out various physics equations in his sleep that appear to be on the cutting edge of quantum physics despite having no background in the field...it goes on and on...

So a pilot completely disappeared? No Crash due to earthly means? Seems as planes/electronics have gotten better over the years these mysterious disappearance have dropped off to zero... Hmm makes one wonder...

In the case of Stan, the only explanation is that aliens told him? Once again I asked for physical alien proof and all I get is conspiracies and mysteries. That fact that this is all we got speaks volumes....

edit on 27-2-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

sled735
S&F OP!

The best evidence/proof (for me) is what I have seen and experienced with my own two eyes. How this thing caused time to stand still for those around me, turning them into statues as I watched with wide-eyed wonder (and scared beyond belief)!!

A person will never convince another that what they experienced on a personal level is true beyond a reasonable doubt . It's something each individual has to experience for themselves.

It is good to know that some people are, at least, open-minded enough to entertain the possibility.

But, as for me, I believe! NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!!

Exactly!

You make a very valid point. People try to belittle eyewitness accounts when it comes to this area, but any good Investigator gives weight to eyewitness accounts and the credibility of the witnesses. This plays out in Police Investigations to a Jury. But in the area of U.F.O.'s were supposed to throw logic and common sense out of the window and treat eyewitness testimony like it's meaningless.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Two words: Doctor Who.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The adventurer in me wants to believe but the need for solid evidence is paramount. It's hard to imagine the ability for them or us to clean up all evidence without forgetting some thing. All it takes is one item to break the barrier. The big question is if they are that far ahead of us would we recognize that item. We are at the beginning of exploring our local solar system let alone using its resources for the future. If these Aliens exist they would have to be a long way ahead of us.
Even in our local time frame what would an ancient Greek see in a cell phone? Lights and a display that quits after a few days. Can't read the language it was showing perhaps it's magic is seen as witchcraft. Then it becomes nothing but a legend of it doing something.
There most definably is something going on beyond our ability to explain. It's just as possible to ascribe these encounters as inter-dimensional crossovers. When they phase back our of our view everything returns with them. Thus no evidence could ever be left behind. That would be a very convenient explanation but it's only a crackpot theory with nothing to back it up. To prove anything there must be solid evidence.
Look at this from another direction. If there was an alien posting on this site how would they prove it? The only things you can see are their text. What facts would prove they are alien?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Many will say that its hard to step out of one's planet and reach the stars. Well,Its typical human thinking. We don't know what type of life forms the Universe possess. Just because we haven't found a way to travel the speed of light, doesn't mean nobody will.

We are only looking for a 'human-like' creature on an Earth-like planet. There could be beings criss crossing the dimensions just like flipping coins. They may possess abilities and technology that we don't.
edit on 28-2-2014 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ask any trial lawyer if a dieing declaration may be accepted as
evidence in a court of law.

Now listen to the testimony of a retired CIA officer and then ask
yourself if his sworn report constitutes credible evidence that aliens
are here on earth and that our government is keeping that
information secret.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by waltwillis

Now listen to the testimony of a retired CIA officer and then ask yourself if his sworn report constitutes credible evidence that aliens are here on earth and that our government is keeping that information secret.

If we knew who this alleged CIA officer was his words may carry more weight , as it is he is no more credible than any other anonymous whistle blower.

The only thing that will constitute credible evidence of ET visitation is something tangible , something that can be shown to be not of this Earth , until then we're just stumbling around in the dark.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

radkrish
Many will say that its hard to step out of one's planet and reach the stars. Well,Its typical human thinking. We don't know what type of life forms the Universe possess. Just because we haven't found a way to travel the speed of light, doesn't mean nobody will.

We are only looking for a 'human-like' creature on an Earth-like planet. There could be beings criss crossing the dimensions just like flipping coins. They may possess abilities and technology that we don't.
edit on 28-2-2014 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

I'd guess that an entity that could cross through planets, stars, and dimensions would still need to be quite intelligent to navigate between them.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Look at it this way...
We have drones!!!

So why would an alien civilisation so advanced that they travel interstellar ever pop up and risk being shot down by a primitive race that proudly broadcasts protocol as "drag em to Area 51 & open them up"???
The only pilot of UFOs is holding a remote control in their "eighteen fingered hand" *Bill Hicks voice*

Anything piloted by something from within the craft is not entering the atmosphere!!!

In my honest opinion!!!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

I don't think a super advanced alien race would/is necessarily coming to visit, maybe some are, but I think its likely that their MACHINES, are the ones coming to visit and check us out.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The problem that most don't want to hear is that the available "evidence" does not hold up to acceptable standards of scientific scrutiny. If it did, the average scientist would be taking an entirely different position.

I find that suggestion that the average scientist doesn't want to believe in aliens preposterous and a fallacy of logic in and of itself.

Any number of well-known and reputable physicists and astronomers BELIEVE that alien life is probable. They just find the current level of "evidence" nonexistant, whether you want to believe the evidence is credible or not.

Also, evidence of UFOs and evidence of ET are entirely different.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Actually the problem is that the subject is taboo so most scientists will not even comment on it. The theory that extra terrestrial intelligence pilots or built some ufos followd scientific principles exactly.

Just taking ufos into account, which is a well known fact accepted and studied by most governments, extra terrestrial intelligence seems the best theory.

What we know of confirmed ufo cases is that they have about instant course changes and acceleration with no engine noise. All three things are capabilities beyond any known earth craft.

If you think humans than why hasn't one group taken power as is historically the case with technological superiority so vast. How could they have stayed out of WWII?

If you think ancient advanced earth civilization how do you justify that with satellites everwhere, drilling and mining all over, how have we not found evidence?

If you think interdimensional, well that holds up with all evidence yet other dimensions are still just theorized so it is a reach.

Alien intelligence however explains everything and stands up to scrutiny. We know of thousands of alien worlds, from our little example we know life thrives everwhere. We kbow the chances of us being the only life are so snall to be inconsequential. Yet people who follow the evidence and theorize this are supposedly crazy because the topic is taboo right now.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by inquisitive1977

Just taking ufos into account, which is a well known fact accepted and studied by most governments, extra terrestrial intelligence seems the best theory.

Not studied but investigated to gain understanding.

ET intelligence seems the best theory for those that need to use unknowns as evidence towards identifying the unidentified.

If you think humans than why hasn't one group taken power as is historically the case with technological superiority so vast. How could they have stayed out of WWII?

Why one group?

What if there are 2 groups or 3 or 4 that have advanced technology and are competing against each other when they are not conspiring together?

We know of thousands of alien worlds, from our little example we know life thrives everwhere.

We know conditions on earth are rare and have found a small number of planets to be able to make comparisons based on the distance from the local star.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Actually we hace learned through scientific analysis that there are likely billions of earth like planets in our galaxy alone Along with highly likely chances life developed on two planets in our own solar sytem both with earth like conditions. On top of that another planet is theorized to have non earthlike oceans and potentially life.

Ignoring the possibilities to enforce an idea that somehow some people on earth developed what seems to be technology thousands of years more advanced to maybe at best a hundred years more advanced is shortsighted and ignores the facts we keep learning for potential of life everywhere.

If these were earth based chances are some would know about it and information would leak. However I will accept that some are top level security of current military projects. Possibly reverse engineered alien tech or aircraft with less capabilities that I mentioned.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

By the way everything about ufos is unknown otherwise they would be identified. In this context studied and investigated is the same thing. The well known phenomenon has been investigated and determined to be unidentifiable.

Of course we will look for unknown explanations for a completely unknown phenomenon. The most likely explanation to explain technology so far beyond ours is ttechnology someone else invented.

People's narrow minds and the overall taboo of the subject prevent unbiased determinations or prevent people from even attempting to look into the phenomenon alltogether for fear of being identified as crazy for following scientific principles to develop a valid theory that would completely explain the phenomenon.

Of course that determination of crazy has no basis whatsoever. People have always been attacked for not complying with the norm whether they are right or not. Just like people that first put out that the earth was round not flat.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by inquisitive1977

By the way everything about ufos is unknown otherwise they would be identified. In this context studied and investigated is the same thing.

Yes it is unknown, what do study from, You can study a known subject and phenomena, if its unknown you need to investigate to gain knowledge so in future others can study your findings.

So its absolutely not the same thing in that context.

Actually we hace learned through scientific analysis that there are likely billions of earth like planets in our galaxy alone

If you say so, This is what you said and nothing about likely being billions.

We know of thousands of alien worlds, from our little example we know life thrives everwhere.

Can you show this scientific analysis you are talking about or the name of the study or research project that shows this whats quoted or are you changing your stance from knowing of 1000s to there likely being billions?

I say through mathematical probability there are likely many hospitable planets to us humans in our galaxy alone.

We have discovered a few.

The Drake equation, it gives an indication that there easily could be many, not that there is.

Along with highly likely chances life developed on two planets in our own solar sytem both with earth like conditions.

Intelligent life that have their own technology and craft?

What life, what 2 planets that have earth like conditions in our Solar system are you talking about?

On top of that another planet is theorized to have non earthlike oceans and potentially life.

Is this in our solar system as well?

Ignoring the possibilities to enforce an idea that somehow some people on earth developed what seems to be technology thousands of years more advanced to maybe at best a hundred years more advanced is shortsighted and ignores the facts we keep learning for potential of life everywhere.

What possibilities are being ignored?

Everything and anything is possible in my universe.

Enforce and idea about people having advanced tech, enforcing?

I might suggest that is the most logical and traceable idea to chase before anything involving ET, sorry if my logic seems like I am enforcing any ideas and dismissing any possibilities.

Being short sighted and ignoring the fact we keep learning for potential of life everywhere?

Again, what life are you talking about. Intelligent ETs everywhere we keep learning about or simply life, bacteria etc?

If these were earth based chances are some would know about it and information would leak.

there is about as much information suggesting this as there is the ET hypothesis.

However I will accept that some are top level security of current military projects.

The military buy their toys from other corporations that develop design and test.

Possibly reverse engineered alien tech or aircraft with less capabilities that I mentioned.

Possible that nothing exists as we think and we are in the matrix and the UFOs are illegal programs from an outside world jacked in to our matrix to try and wake some of up.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Wow yoi really know very little about the topic which may be why you cannot accept possibilities.

We KNOW and have identified near 2,000 planets outside earth. Out of the study of a small portion of stars scientists have determined that there are likely billions if not tens of billions earth like planets. Thats well docimented and known but you apparently can't be bothered by actual knowledge.

We keep learning that it is more and more likely that Mars was exactly like earth in the past. There are moons in our solar system with the potential to have life, the other planet I referenced also well known.

There are possibilities for life to have developed on multiple occasions in our own solar system. Who knows with how long Mars like had maybe intelligent life.

Yet when faced with far superior technology people refuse to accept possibilities, more likely possibilities in fact, that they are not of earth. Historically small groups with technologies hundreds or thousands of years more advanced doesn't happen.

Get off the study/ investigate thing, it makes you sound ignorant. The PHENOMENON has been studied/investigated. there is no difference.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

By the way I never said where the milutary got anything. You like to make up arguments where none exist. It does NOT matter who makes it for the military it still would be a military project.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

inquisitive1977

Wow yoi really know very little about the topic which may be why you cannot accept possibilities.

We KNOW and have identified near 2,000 planets outside earth. Out of the study of a small portion of stars scientists have determined that there are likely billions if not tens of billions earth like planets. Thats well docimented and known but you apparently can't be bothered by actual knowledge.

Actual knowledge would include the fact that we have yet to find a single Earth-like planet.

Doesn't mean it won't happen, just that it hasn't.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join