It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's no evidence that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You can say this if you stick your head in the sand and ignore all of the photos, videos, abduction cases, radar cases, ancient writings, U.F.O. sightings described in the Bible, eyewitness accounts from high ranking officials, exoplanets, extremophiles, growing evidence for Panspermia and more.

I was just watching a debate and the skeptic said, there's no evidence that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred. You hear this a lot and you have to wonder are they living in an alternative universe where none of the above things have occurred?

You can't cherry pick what is or isn't evidence based on your personal belief. It's silly to live in a vacuum of your own truth and just deny everything that doesn't agree with that belief.

These things are evidence of extraterrestrial visitation. Are they conclusive evidence that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred? No. But to say there's no evidence is just silly.

People are not just waking up one morning and saying, "I think I will believe that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred for no reason." People look at all of the EVIDENCE and come to a conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred.

It's the same way some Scientist look at the evidence and reach the conclusion that a Multiverse exists

It's the same way a Police Officer will look at the evidence to solve cases.

It's the same way a Jury will look at the evidence and reach a conclusion that a person is guilty or not guilty.

A UFO Investigator is no different. They're looking at the EVIDENCE.

So the most you can say is there isn't enough evidence to reach the conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred. When you hear people say there's no evidence, that's coming from a place of personal belief not an objective search for the truth.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

There is evidence of something sure. Is it evidence of Extra-terrestrial space aliens? No. it is not conclusive evidence of space aliens, some people are inclined to think it is something else, either way there is something to it, what that is, is beyond me at this point in time.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm with you. I'm wondering if some people are just too afraid to believe no matter what you might present as evidence.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Maybe some are extra terrestrial, some are interdimensional beings. In any case...something is going on.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Night Star
Maybe some are extra terrestrial, some are interdimensional beings. In any case...something is going on.

Good point. Some could be interdimensional as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

This argument lumps too many sundry manifold items together into one cohesive "evidence".

This is a common fallacy of appealing to statistics; "they can't all be wrong".

There's over 70 years of modern interest in the UFO Phenomenon.
Pick the BEST, strongest arguments out of that for your position. If this can't be done, and represented with sufficient defense to carry the position, then, the position in untenable until such time as new evidence is presented, and/or the argument is forged from stronger stuff.

Note: No one argues against the possibility of life, and even intelligent life ... somewhere in the vast ambiguity of the Universe. The sticky bit comes to the question of visitation.
Panspermia isn't too great a problem either, unless one starts arguing directly manipulated and designed Panspermia.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Agreed with this almost entirely, while the skeptics scream no evidence they discount huge amounts of the stuff, not to mention that sure there is evidence we are just not privy to it in the public domain. anyone who has looked at this phenomena seriously and with an open mind will find out very quickly that governments have invested huge amounts of time and money in research and in hiding all sorts of information from public view not to mention contradicting statements,dis-info,flimsy explanations that fall apart very quickly when investigated.
Also the skeptics love to forget about all sorts of physical evidence, implants, craft burning the ground, injury to abductees with no explanation etc etc....
This is definitely one of those subjects where all the small pieces come together to make the whole. i do believe some folk are just not ready to accept the reality of the situation and that is there choice, i just hope all will eventually come to terms with this so we can finally begin to see our beautiful universe for what it is, A living entity full of wonderful life!
just as our bodies are made from the many to create the whole, the universe is no different.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Brotherman

There is evidence of something sure. Is it evidence of Extra-terrestrial space aliens? No. it is not conclusive evidence of space aliens, some people are inclined to think it is something else, either way there is something to it, what that is, is beyond me at this point in time.

It actually is evidence of extraterrestrial visitation, but it isn't scientifically conclusive as you said. Or proven.. But the evidence highly suggests an extraterrestrial source, unless someone wishes to think they are coming from the earth.. These things are either coming FROM the earth, or they are not from here. It has to be one of these, or both even.

Anything not from the earth is technically Alien, and it isn't such a terrible thing to say unlike how squeamish many people are about saying that, only because of the ridicule of "little green men" jokes or embarrassing things like that..

I think it is amusing how people will agree about things up to a limited point, and then say "but it doesn't mean it is aliens" when whatever it is is certainly unknown as being from earth. I guess in that regard though people are talking about "live" aliens and not flying mars rocks. Flying Mars rocks are much easier to digest..

Having said all of this, I saw enough evidence for ET "live" visitation way back in the early '70's to never doubt "they" were coming here. But evidence is in the eye of the beholder. And to many, this means anyone that believes things they think is nonsense, also means those that do believe are nuts
Or something like that, if it even made sense..haha

And the mad merry-go-round keeps a spinning

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I'm more in the camp that UFOs are not extraterrestrial aliens from space. I tend to think it is something much more different then that hypotheses to be completely honest.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
any evidence that does exist us no doubt locked away from prying eyes deep down in some underground place with top secret stamped all over it

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There could well be tonnes of evidence that just hasn't been released, yet. The fact is it could be there, hidden, purposely.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is as much evidence of UFO/aliens as there is that Christ walked the earth...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Yes that is possible and even likely for some, maybe not all. I firmly think that some (not all) UFO's are from the same universe as us, but coming from far away in our galaxy by jumping through space instead of earthly propulsion (which would never make it). And some reports of these things having technology so bizarre and freaky that they could be jumping from other galaxies even..

The one thing that does perplex me the most is the abduction scenario and the stories or reports of so many similar, but definitely different looking species all doing these abductions for similar and yet unknown purposes. Even though there are a majority reporting, ones that look about the same. This itself is mind boggling..

Even if it is mass hysteria, the fact that the reports are coming in shows something weird is happening regardless of the cause.. Just because they are all about creatures looking relatively the same to the victims, and these cases are in the thousands upon thousands. No doctor or psychologist can explain it, if it is to be believed as something psychological and nothing alien in nature.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Good points!

There's MOUNTAINS of evidence to support extraterrestrial visitation. The point is people are not reaching the conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred based on "wishful thinking" or just "wanting to believe." They reach these conclusions based on the EVIDENCE.

So it says a lot about people when they can't even accept that evidence exists. They have to say there's no evidence. I have been looking into this are over the past 20 years and I have looked over mountains of evidence.

BASED ON THIS EVIDENCE I HAVE REACHED THE CONCLUSION THAT EXTRATERRESTRIAL VISITATION HAS OCCURRED BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.

Now, a skeptic may look at the same EVIDENCE and reach a different conclusion but they can't make the absurd claim that no evidence exist.

For instance, a person can be declared not guilty but that doesn't mean there isn't any evidence that they committed the crime. The Jury just didn't think they were guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

So some people look at the EVIDENCE and reach the conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred beyond a reasonable doubt.

Some look at the EVIDENCE and reach a different conclusion.

What you can't say is there isn't any evidence to support extraterrestrial visitation unless you stick your head in the sand and ignore all of the evidence of extraterrestrial visitation.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

There is a difference between evidence of UFOs and evidence of aliens. The things you listed are indeed evidence of the former, but you presented nothing directly suggesting the latter.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Well surely someone or something is piloting those UFO's.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

This argument lumps too many sundry manifold items together into one cohesive "evidence".

This is a common fallacy of appealing to statistics; "they can't all be wrong".

There's over 70 years of modern interest in the UFO Phenomenon.
Pick the BEST, strongest arguments out of that for your position. If this can't be done, and represented with sufficient defense to carry the position, then, the position in untenable until such time as new evidence is presented, and/or the argument is forged from stronger stuff.

Note: No one argues against the possibility of life, and even intelligent life ... somewhere in the vast ambiguity of the Universe. The sticky bit comes to the question of visitation.
Panspermia isn't too great a problem either, unless one starts arguing directly manipulated and designed Panspermia.

But the recorded stats on AGW suggest just that don't they? and we are living now in a world of suggestion, although it's once, twice and more removed from the 'original' AGW. Pit that against thousands of years of civilisations talking about visitations, and which is the more convincing?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Agreed. Could be anyone or anything though.

My point is, when skeptics claim "there is no evidence of alien visitation", they are right (in my opinion). There is definitely evidence of some unexplained phenomenon, but evidence of the aliens themselves has yet to be found.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

HomerinNC
There is as much evidence of UFO/aliens as there is that Christ walked the earth...

There is actually more historical evidence that Christ DID walk the earth than there is solid evidence that aliens are coming here, but I don't think that is what your biased comment was hoping for..

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What historic evidence???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join