It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops hit legally parked car, then arrest the owner.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Cops hit my car, then arrested me: suit.

Two Brooklyn cops sideswiped a parked SUV, then arrested a man sitting in the passenger seat of the vehicle, accusing him of damaging their car, a suit charges.

Jackson was arrested for destruction of city property, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, the suit states.

And the officers would have gotten away with their lie — had the whole bizarre drama not been caught by a security camera.

The two cops checked the block for surveillance cameras before arresting him for destruction of city property, according to the lawsuit filed by Jackson in Brooklyn Supreme Court.

“When they thought no cameras were on. I saw their gloves go on, and that’s when I was arrested,” Jackson said.

One has to wonder how often this happens.

Lets say this wasnt recorded. The cops must have realized that the victim was going to challenge the accident and the arrest.

So the police just rely on the concept that if its a citizen's word against a cop's, that the court will always agree with the cop? Thats so incredibly evil...

Lets assume this is true (the video should corroborate the claim), that they looked around for security cameras before making the arrest... who does that?

Cops? More like the behavior of professional criminals.

edit on 23-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Looks like they're busted

Link
edit on 23-2-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

This seems to be happening all the time. Even when there is a video the cops try to hide it like they did in New Jersey. Guess they need to update their motto to: "To Protect and Serve Themselves"

New Jersey police allegedly hid dashcam video from prosecutors showing they beat an innocent man on the side of the road and made up a host of false charges to try to get him imprisoned. Link

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Not to mention they were going the wrong way on a one way street...duh

And one wonders why people don't fully trust officials
Hmmmm

Abuse of their badge/power in this situation is truly an understatement!!!!!

Thank goodness for the video

edit on 23-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So glad these cops were caught. They should never be allowed to be in the force ever again!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

No you know that's not how things work in America! Land of the f#@cked, home of the slave.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

They were just doing their job....
Driving recklessly down a one way street,
hitting a parked car.
We lowly civilians would get a ticket.
They get to frame up an innocent man for their crimes.

Darn those security cameras!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If you make a reply here on ATS they do the same. Stop being surprised. We are governed here more than anywhere else.
Firepiston

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Cities need to institute honor systems where the community is also incentivized to report positive service from cops. Every cops promotions and raises are contingent on these rankings.

They need to do something to change the culture of "I will do what I think I can get away with."

AAC

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Night Star
So glad these cops were caught. They should never be allowed to be in the force ever again!

Nope, just a paid vacation then its back to work
This is one reason I'm GLAD I live out in the country!

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
One more busted naughty cop caught being naughty by the very tools they use to watch us all day everyday.

Door swings both ways bitch.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

If you listen to the good cops that post on ATS, you hear that they would not do something like this and if anyone on their force did, they would turn them in. They say that they would root out any bad cops.
That system doesn't seem to be working.

edit on bu282014-02-23T18:53:41-06:0006America/ChicagoSun, 23 Feb 2014 18:53:41 -06006u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I had the displeasure once of riding in the back of a cop car from the police station to where my car was parked. Long story.

The entire ride the officer was typing on his laptop and swerving all over the road. Absolutely ZERO concern for his responsibility as a motorist. He was not concerned about my concerns for safety while i was locked in the back of cruiser traveling recklessly through the city, nor was he concerned that I was observing his conversation with another officer on his laptop. I guess they were organizing their order from Tim Hortons. Real important stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

i just watched the vid from the above.. that poor bloke was facing 5 years in prison before the cops own dash cam cleared him... shameful that we entrust these people to uphold the "law" (or what passes for it these days), yet they continue to abuse the power they're given. where will it all end....

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The 2 police officers should be congratulated for not tazering and/or shooting the person to death in the passengers seat of the legally parked vehicle during the "disorderly conduct & resisting arrest" phase of the operation.

It is good to see LEO's exercising restraint and not using their weapons in times of such harsh criminal activity.

Lucky he was not in a wheelchair.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hm, hopefully he wins, and this guy does some time. That's at least: Wrongful arrest, Filing a false police report, and Obstruction of justice.

New York has charged other cops with felonies for similar behavior in the past.
Funny, this guy was worried that he was going to “lose his $750,000 house” over a traffic accident, and he most likely just made it so by lying. Self fulfilling prophecy?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
Cities need to institute honor systems where the community is also incentivized to report positive service from cops. Every cops promotions and raises are contingent on these rankings.

Oh no, never going to happen, they will fight that tooth and nail.

In the opinion of police and their enabling unions, having to treat people like citizens puts them at risk because it makes them “hesitate” to take action if they suspect they are in danger. In other words, it makes them less trigger happy, which makes their job riskier. They would rather shoot an innocent person and be wrong, then get shot because they hesitated. It just goes to show that the actual mentality of those in law enforcement is not really to protect others, as many claim, but rather because of a “bully”, “superiority”, or “adrenalin junky” mentalities.

This is true, I can't make this crap up.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Is.. is he parking on the left side of the street?
Which would be illegal, but not so very much, in Germany. Which would be a cause for the cops to check him out, I guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

He is parked on a one way street, in the U.S. it is legal to park like that
on a one way street as all cars must go down it the same direction.

This is just another good example of why even if your actually innocent
your rights matter. This is the answer to the question of what you
have to fear even if you do nothing wrong.
edit on 24-2-2014 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

I agree with 'bloodreviara' about 'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear'. That's bs to get people to obey through fear of what others may think of them if they don't fully comply to all of their whims. Here is evidence that all must see, to prove that innocence is 'no' defence anymore.
Can this be used to bring all of their prior arrests into question, where those who pleaded innocence is concerned at least. Hopefully the families of those wrongfully convicted by these dirty, filthy, parasitic scum, can and will use this evidence to free them.
edit on 24-2-2014 by sayzaar because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2014 by sayzaar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join