It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian tanks exhibited at entrance to Sevastopol, Ukraine.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Add to that statements now from Germany, Britain and..of all places, Canada for openly threatening sanctions if Putin moves into the Ukraine in any meaningful military way.

Canada? I didn't know you had it in you... I guess Putins pushing hard across that little arctic circle has gotten uncomfortable. It's starting to feel a bit like 1988 tho. A bit too much like it.
edit on 23-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added Canada link so it can be seen and believed.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Check your link
After we take their gold of coarse

edit on 23-2-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Add to that statements now from Germany, Britain and..of all places, Canada for openly threatening sanctions if Putin moves into the Ukraine in any meaningful military way.

Canada? I didn't know you had it in you... I guess Putins pushing hard across that little arctic circle has gotten uncomfortable. It's starting to feel a bit like 1988 tho. A bit too much like it.
edit on 23-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added Canada link so it can be seen and believed.

Supercat-Under Pressure

Yup feel just like 1988 man...Update a few names in the song and you see that nothing changed at all,the world is still under pressure

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

all2human
Holds as much weight as Russia asking the United States to keep out of Canada under similar conditions.

Except that on the other side of the Ukraine is NATO and the EU. Russia is out numbered and out gunned. Not to mention that if Russia were to allow itself to be drug into Ukraine, its restive southern provindences would see it as an opportunity to rise up. What Russia will do is put on a show and demand the West negotiate and declare victory like they did in Syria. That the West prefers negotiating to start with, will be ignored. Russia can not stand up to the west in any conflict so they will not let it come to that but, they will do there best to make it seem like the forced the West into talking.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

cass1dy09
Here we gooo

Source

Russian Troops Arriving in Ukraine to Battle Protesters
edit on 23-2-2014 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

There is 0 evidence suggesting that hardware is going TO UKRAINE and not LEAVING SOCHI!

There was a massive military build up to protect Sochi, it has to return home somehow.

I get the feeling Ukraine is already lost, the leader is hiding in a remote town and the people have taken over.

No point sending tanks in now.

One point I am surprised no one is raising is Georgie happened bang on during the 2008 summer Olympics.
Now we have Ukraine happening bang on during the 2012 Winter Olympics.

co-incidence?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

MrSpad
Except that on the other side of the Ukraine is NATO and the EU. Russia is out numbered and out gunned.

But Russia can make decisions quicker than the democracies, and can present the fait accompli of a partial occupation responding to a request from "the legal President".
Once there, is NATO really going to commit itself to declaring war to drive them back?

1988 has been mentioned, but think rather 1968. "The Prague Spring".

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I wont argue with you about numbers, adding China changes the variable a little? I don't think Russia should interfere in Ukraine, is it even legal? was t he overthrow even legal? lots of questions, It will be morbidly interesting to see what happens over the next few days.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I am curious how this is going to be received by the Ukrainian people as well as former soviet republics in the area.

just to confirm... The op states tanks, but the link, when translated with bing, states the black sea fleet, not tanks.
edit on 23-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Sevastopol is a bit of a sticking point between Ukraine & Russia - Russia has been developing Novorossysk to replace Sevastopol as the main base for its BSF and said it was pretty much ready by 2012. Wki lists a number of incidents between the Russian fleet and Ukraine

Ukraine is quiet divided by language - un het east - the Donets basin - they mainly speak Russian and a lot of people are only 2nd generation Ukrainians - their parents and grandparents came from Russia to work the Donets coal mines and and steel factories after WW2.

In the West they are more "cosmopolitan" - having more links with the old Austro-hungarian empire, and having fought wars to NOT be part of the USSR (1920, 1941-56 in various guises).

the Black Sea fleet was manned mainly by people who were not Ukrainian - they came from all over the USSR - so apparently most of them are pro-Russia rather than pro-Ukraine - and hence its loyalty to Ukraine was questioned and Ukraine eventually had to develop its own fleet and staffing for it's Black Sea Fleet - see "The war for the Oath" on wiki.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

cass1dy09
1500 more troops then Russian has ever had in Syria... And a simple Google map search of the city Novorossysk shows a road leading right into Ukraine.. I speculate nothing just contributing.

All roads in Russia lead to Ukraine...and also to Lithuania, Finland, Estonia......it's about 200 miles or more from Novorossysk to Ukraine....through Rostov and around the sea of Azov.......reality isn't really your strong suit in this is it!!

Novorossysk is being developed as the main base for the Rusian Black Sea fleet whenever their lease on Sevastopol runs out - so yeah - it has troops there......

All you are contributing is innuendo - which is neither informative not helpful
edit on 23-2-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
About time Putin shows the Globalist's who's boss ! Thank God the Olympic garbage is over so we can set things straight.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

13th Zodiac
About time Putin shows the Globalist's who's boss ! Thank God the Olympic garbage is over so we can set things straight.

I always find these comments humorous. When the Soviet Union collapsed, so did the soviet military. While the Russians have been rebuilding their military, they are still no where near the levels needed to directly challenge the US / NATO, not to mention the countries they threaten with a return to the old Soviet Unions borders mindset.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I wont argue with you about numbers, adding China changes the variable a little? I don't think Russia should interfere in Ukraine, is it even legal? was t he overthrow even legal? lots of questions, It will be morbidly interesting to see what happens over the next few days.

What does legality have to do with it? How about the fact that this whole mess was orchestrated by the west?

John Bolton was on FOX news this morning parroting with a stiffy that "Finally, the people of Kiev will be able to get a loan from the IMF and join the EU!"! That was the plan and power shift all along! Christ if you can't see that and decipher that legality is a non issue with the global powermongers I don't know what to tell ya!

Sign your life away and pay FOREVER interest as slaves to a system that broke your back in the first place! HELL! I haven't even touched on George Soros and his manipulations in the matter!

WTF? Follow the money! Follow the agenda of the global elite! This whole atrocity has been one carefully crafted plan to get the Ukraine signed up for fake money that they will NEVER be able to pay back!
edit on 23-2-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

seeker1963

What does legality have to do with it? How about the fact that this whole mess was orchestrated by the west?

Care to back this comment with facts / sources?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Xcathdra

13th Zodiac

I always find these comments humorous. When the Soviet Union collapsed, so did the soviet military. While the Russians have been rebuilding their military, they are still no where near the levels needed to directly challenge the US / NATO, not to mention the countries they threaten with a return to the old Soviet Unions borders mindset.

Ha, that smirk will be wipped of your face.Only takes one of theirs to 10 of yours. Rambo ain't real bud.Stop watching Movies. Don't mistake me for Russain either I simply have a healthy respect for them. Gorgia was a walk. You did jack. They check mated your stupid Kerry with his own idiot mouth over Syria.
edit on 23-2-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

13th Zodiac
Ha, that smirk will be wipped of your face.Only takes one of theirs to 10 of yours. Rambo ain't real bud.Stop watching Movies.

And your comments sound like the ones the Russians use in those Rambo movies just before they get their asses handed to themselves.

Russia is not the threat people like to make believe it is.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Definitely a factor but self-determination should be respected as it should have in Syria, and so on
Have we not learned anything? let the people of Ukraine figure this out,no outside intervention!..

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Xcathdra

13th Zodiac
Ha, that smirk will be wipped of your face.Only takes one of theirs to 10 of yours. Rambo ain't real bud.Stop watching Movies.

And your comments sound like the ones the Russians use in those Rambo movies just before they get their asses handed to themselves.

Again with the Movie mentality. They also saved your ass in WW2

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

13th Zodiac

Xcathdra

13th Zodiac

Again with the Movie mentality. They also saved your ass in WW2

Is that why the US had to shift a massive amount of supplies to the Russians? So they could save our ass? Is that why Stalin kept pushing for the allies to open up a new western front to pull pressure away from them?

As I stated before, Russia is not the threat people like to make believe they are.

That's not a movie mentality... The movie mentality belongs to those who think Russia is invincible.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Care to back this comment with facts / sources?

I believe you are smart enough to know exactly what I am referring to. Therefore your ploy is to be intellectually dishonest!

Try looking at the pipeline that runs through the area! Have you? Putin has shut it off before! When it is shut off it effects the EU.

More power plays by childish governments seeking power and control as far as I'm concerned! Screw being diplomatic and working towards peace! Unless you are going to try to tell me that peace is the major focus of our current world leaders than power? By that statement you should know that I am not in agreement with Putin! Howerver, I can't blame him!

I am looking at the bigger picture of past history. You seem to be just looking at this one specific problem.

History seems to show that if a country does not want to sigh on to the IMF then that country gets overthrown! Just ask Quadaffi! Whoops you can't, he was killed! I wonder how long Assad has left.......

Where are your sources? OH wait, your sources are from the department of human manipulation? Get real! Like any mainstream media source will actually tell the truth!

edit on 23-2-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join