It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe Medical Care is Better than the US. Time to End the Myth.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

Europe is getting a lot more for their tax money than what we get in the states.

In addition, the US is already paying for the most expensive part of medical costs through Medicare and Medicaid.

Seems like the only people not getting anything back for their tax dollar is working stiffs like you and I in the higher tax brackets.

How about corporations start paying for the big military that protects their global empire, and Medicaid that supports the illegals they get to hire for slave wages.

And we start getting something ack for our tax dollar.

Wouldn't you like to get something back for your tax dollar?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Still with that same argument...even though you are the only one arguing it. Nobody is saying HK is in the same class as Europe now. It's a manipulated market by a communist regime. You are the only person claiming anyone has said that. I mean, if you want to quote where I said that then by all means please quote me.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

"Free Healthcare" has nothing to do with that.

The USA has the largest defense budget in the world.

Our military has not modernized from a layout perspective. During the 2008 and 2012 election cycles Ron Paul showed that we waste about half our defense budget by not modernizing our military layout. Bases where none are needed etc, wars we shouldn't be involved in, military spending for the war on drugs...

I mean right now, utilizing the navy, we can have 400k boots on the ground anywhere in the world within a few days. We could have tactical insertion teams within minutes or hours. We can nuke anyone from anywhere. We're a pretty dominant force to be reckoned with.

If we reclaimed the wasted money on over seas military we could reclaim half of it for home defense/border protection and STILL have enough to pay for expanded medicare/medicaid as well as fix social security. The problem is the people you vote for always vote to EXPAND military spending, and if you throw more tax dollars at them that's what it will go towards.

So if your issue is with how the USA spends your tax dollars that is where your angst should be. Not trying to claim increased taxes for "free healthcare" is a fix all.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just as a mediator here for a sec:

Poet, you ARE missing the mark on the Hong Kong thing. It WAS a freemarket and worked exactly as Ray said under the British.

The Chinese are what has changed Hong Kong, not a failure of free market principles.

Also as far as asking if walmart makes savvy consumers, I never implied any single merchant did that, but the principles of the free market as a whole require that people use some sense!

Do you go to a car dealer and expect those guys are aiming for what's in YOUR best interests???

The nature of LIFE ITSELF if to build as much as you can, from as little effort as possible. Capitalism is at one with human nature because it is natural to expect this of people. When a society operates under a false pretense such as Communism does, then you have set the stage for the grandest of corruption and massive robbery of the people.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

raymundoko
reply to post by poet1b

"Free Healthcare" has nothing to do with that.

The USA has the largest defense budget in the world.

Our military has not modernized from a layout perspective. During the 2008 and 2012 election cycles Ron Paul showed that we waste about half our defense budget by not modernizing our military layout. Bases where none are needed etc, wars we shouldn't be involved in, military spending for the war on drugs...

I mean right now, utilizing the navy, we can have 400k boots on the ground anywhere in the world within a few days. We could have tactical insertion teams within minutes or hours. We can nuke anyone from anywhere. We're a pretty dominant force to be reckoned with.

If we reclaimed the wasted money on over seas military we could reclaim half of it for home defense/border protection and STILL have enough to pay for expanded medicare/medicaid as well as fix social security. The problem is the people you vote for always vote to EXPAND military spending, and if you throw more tax dollars at them that's what it will go towards.

So if your issue is with how the USA spends your tax dollars that is where your angst should be. Not trying to claim increased taxes for "free healthcare" is a fix all.

YESSSS!!!!!!! Buy this man a beer!!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

Both of you are completely ignoring what I have stated.

ONCE AGAIN,

Hong Kong has NEVER been at the same class as Europe, or the US, or Japan, or where S Korea is today.

And back in the day, the 60ties and 70ties, where Ray says Hong Kong was so great, it was extremely corrupt.

edit on 28-2-2014 by poet1b because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

It is the people who preach free market ideology who have vastly increased military spending, and refused to lower the defense budget, bring troops home, and all that needs to be done.

Guess what, your corporate overlords demand this huge military budget from their political minions in DC.

The answer is to make the corporations pay for the military, as I have already stated earlier.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In the UK there is the option of private health care for people who can afford it, but despite frequent criticisms in the press of the NHS, the majority of people don't go private, especially since the recession.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

twfau
In the UK there is the option of private health care for people who can afford it, but despite frequent criticisms in the press of the NHS, the majority of people don't go private, especially since the recession.

I once looked at the private medical sector and it wasn't worth the cost, you generally will see the same doctors and quite often they outsource the work back to the NHS anyway since they don't have enough hospitals to cope

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join