It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dust Bowl could return quickly, Gore declares!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Now that seriously made me laugh!!!

Just as I predicted previously in my prepost!! Told ya!!

Rick James....

Incidentally, before you ALL jump on the pre-post bandwagon... it's my idea. (I patent it here, now, and before any claim from 4 hours ago until now... time bends in 4 hour increments, so it seems... or so I will have said.) I demand a royalty, or, at least a "shout out" for some street cred...

edit on 24-2-2014 by madmac5150 because: Rick James baby...

I predict junk science and pretty pictures will soon be waved in my face!!! It will all still be a lie just nicer to look at...
edit on 24-2-2014 by madmac5150 because: Rick James baby...

Yup... look up... I'm on the roof again...

edit on 24-2-2014 by madmac5150 because: You would too if offered my powers! Send money and I will sell you... I mean show you how!!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Here's a prepost for you;

I predict that upon viewing the below image climate change deniers will resort to name calling and pull out all sorts of half baked sources to 'debunk' what is in it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

climate change deniers will resort to name calling

Say it three times fast.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
well here is some fun facts for you in turn:

if every single human dies this instant and every trace of his civilization turned off immediately it would take 200 years for it to make 1/4 of a degree difference.

even extinction would not solve Global warming even granting that part of it may be man caused.

furthermore all AGW acolyte "solutions" seem to center around destroying or seriously harming western civilization and taxing and regulating it while giving places like China, India, Inodesia and africa not only a free pass but sending most of our money there and forming a world body with taxing and use of force powers to enforce their dictates.

And before global warming ne- climate change became the vehicle for thier desires there was "the coming Ice age." as a vehicle for the types of change (read absolute control) they covet.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
another cute fact for AGWers..CO2's green house effect on forcing actually is not a direct linear relationship. after 400 ppm there is an inverse exponential relationship where CO2 rapidly loses any additional forcing effect. this is not the same way other greenhouse gases such as methane and water vapor behave and they are far more powerful green house gases than CO2.

CO2 is not the boogey man your religion makes it out to be.

also does it bother you that so far all global warming models have been not only innacurate but very off the mark in thier predictive ability?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
filled a Westin Crown Center ballroom with a 90-minute presentation, using photos and videos to illustrate a litany of floods, wildfires, torrential rains, droughts, dust storms, rising sea levels and increasing world temperatures.

I wonder what kind of crowd filled his Westin 90 minute presentation, perhaps mostly profiteers of the "clima change" former "Global warming"

It is nice when you have an audience that are as money hungry as him to take the manipulated and exploited data of what earth cycles of seasonal changes are to promote more unnecessary taxes, lobbying for bills and push treaties just to make profits, as we know that is all our nations government and corrupted congress are good for.

No bill, taxes or treaties are going to fix the fact that earth is going to change regardless, I guess those in Gore's group do not believe in historical fact of mass extinctions because as born Christians like they call themselves, earth is only 6000 years old and the dinosaurs never existed.

Darn freaking crocks, profiteers and deceivers, but lord they love money.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
although... it would be kind of superficially funny if there was a new dust bowl and this time it was in california and californians migrated to oklahoma to take jobs.

i wonder what oklahomans would call them in place of "okies?"

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
from July 2012

Source

- Moderate to severe drought conditions now cover 64 percent of the lower 48 states.

- This is one of the most widespread droughts of the last century.

If this were to continue like this next year and the year after that," he added, "then we'd be talking about major long-term impacts like the Dust Bowl.

and another headline from today

source

The lush fields used to provide 70 per cent of America’s cantaloupes.

Analysis of the rings in ancient sequoia trees suggests the region is experiencing a lack of rain not seen since 1580

Similar scenes are evident in towns up and down California’s Central Valley. The scale of the drought is staggering. The Central Valley is known as the “breadbasket of America” and covers a vast area half the size of England. It produces 50 per cent of the fruit and vegetables in the United Sates. For several years the resolute Mr Silva has been writing to the White House pleading for help. In December he wrote: “Dear President Obama. Our cities, businesses and residents desperately seek immediate relief.”

So yes there COULD be another dust bowl, we'll just have to wait.
edit on 24-2-2014 by johnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stormbringer1701

if every single human dies this instant and every trace of his civilization turned off immediately it would take 200 years for it to make 1/4 of a degree difference.

I disagree with ya there. Taking only one example, and it's a doozy..but it's only one of many that could be cited in this same way. Dams.... Humans LOVE dams. The United States, for example, has roughly 84,000 of them. In almost every case and it IS every case for large or significant dams, they have interupted the cycle and natural flow of moving water.

Moving water lives...regenerates...and helps everything around it. Still or stagnant water needs treatment just to remain healthy where it sits, let alone drink it...and that says nothing to the direct environmental impact of blocked rivers and some, cut to a trickle.

One dam..or even a thousand dams, may make no noticeable difference.

84,000 in one nation alone ..and God only knows how many artificially changing local climate conditions across the world? That scale makes a BIG difference, IMO ..and just one area where it would take far less than 200 years to see changes in the environment and VERY likely climate, through removal of that one feature we've come to accept as normal.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Is 'the dust bowl' his new manbearpig project?
Al Gore Finds Manbearpig
Is he going to sell 'dust bowl credits' or something ... like his carbon tax credit scam???

edit on 2/24/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
also did you notice? God really has a sense of humor. every time the AGW crowd has a Climate change conference even if it is in the tropics God dumps an iceberg on poor ol' Al's head as soon as he steps to the podium. it happens nearly every time there is a conference.

edit on 24-2-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Well I guess the statistics forgot that here in the south the drought is been officially over for the last year, as the wet fall and winter shows that we are still very much wet in the south after a "seasonal" dry spell that happens every so often, but for some reason the dry spell here in the south was exploited as global warming, God figure.

I have not heard anymore about that global warming since the rain spell started.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i made no claim concerning a hypothetical pre-homo sapiens extinction artifacts such as dams on clams. I thought we were discussing global warming. btw clams live in salt water. mussels live in fresh water.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

LA can wither and die from drought and I'd have little sympathy for them. They pilfered water from neighboring areas and piped it in to support LA's growth and water needs. California should decide if they want an unsustainable population( and unchecked illegal immigration) or if they want an agricultural industry. They can't have both.
It looks like the farmers have been sacrificed. I have little doubt somebody is waiting in the wings to start buying up that land when the agricultural growers go bankrupt. maybe the Chinese, maybe the big banks, maybe the government.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by johnb

Well I guess the statistics forgot that here in the south the drought is been officially over for the last year, as the wet fall and winter shows that we are still very much wet in the south after a "seasonal" dry spell that happens every so often, but for some reason the dry spell here in the south was exploited as global warming, God figure.

I have not heard anymore about that global warming since the rain spell started.

it also did not help matters that the "save the smelt" crowd prevented the farmers from using irrigation water and greatly exacerbated the effects of the drought. especially given that much of the farm land was only viable due to it's former access to plentiful irrigation water.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Okay... Lets take a deep breath and step back a hair from personal connection to the points.

That was what you typed. Dams are a major facet of human civilization. You suggested that if *all* traces were removed...which would include dams and all the environmental issues they create...200 years would be the time it would take for 1/4 degree of difference to be measured.

I disagreed and gave the basis. Dams have a whole lot to do with climate change, on the sheer scale they exist. Although, again, Dams are just one of several 'traces of civilization' that, if removed and removed all by themselves, would absolutely have immediate and clear environmental impact. Climate and temperature may or may not come afterward. Dams have radically altered river and stream temperatures by their very nature and what they do in a physical sense. It all ties together...and all matters.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Okay... Lets take a deep breath and step back a hair from personal connection to the points.

That was what you typed. Dams are a major facet of human civilization. You suggested that if *all* traces were removed...which would include dams and all the environmental issues they create...200 years would be the time it would take for 1/4 degree of difference to be measured.

we were discussing mans effect on global temperatures and implicitly just the CO2 effects. you then started talking about the plight of freshwater clams commonly known as mussels. i see no reason to move the goal posts to ancilliary topics.

the point is no action we could reasonably take will effect global temperatures by a useful degree. furthermore the earth has been much warmer than it is now and when it was there was more life. cold on the other hand kills and diversity declines far more. we are in an interglacial (probably at the very end of it) and due for another ice age. if that happens we won't have to artificially eliminate humans. Nature will kill us by the billions where as global warming particularly of a few degrees will barely even register as a change on civilization.

especially given that the wests pollution is naturally going down without any intervention and the undeveloped world's pollution is going up exponentially and yet all AGW proponent's solutions seem to involve seriously damaging the west's economies and freedoms whilst not touching the pollution of growing economies such as china, indonesia, india and soon africa and in fact transferring vast wealth to them.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
AGW isn't about climate change according to ipcc officials. its about wealth transfer:

wattsupwiththat.com...

Basically it’s a big mistake to discuss climate policy separately from the major themes of globalization. The climate summit in Cancun at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the largest economic conferences since the Second World War. Why? Because we have 11,000 gigatons of carbon in the coal reserves in the soil under our feet – and we must emit only 400 gigatons in the atmosphere if we want to keep the 2-degree target. 11 000 to 400 – there is no getting around the fact that most of the fossil reserves must remain in the soil.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I remember that one, but see is a lot of water holes in the south, most farmers uses this water holes to irrigate when is a dry spell, still the over exaggerated news of the drought was nothing but a scam to increase the prices of the peanuts, that actually were the ones that got most of the attention, at the end we found out that none of the crops really were not in any danger.

Sometimes is about money and farmers tend to yell wolf in order to raise prices, while is a lot of legit concern about dry spell in other areas, here in the south was exploited.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
and here is another quote from that IPCC "gentlman" on the real reason for AGW intervention:

Obviously, the owners of coal and oil will not be enthusiastic about this. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole.

can be made any plainer to any fence sitters than that? the AGW thing is a huge money, sovereignty and freedom grab that uses subterfuge to gull people into supporting it. period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join