It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAITH: the ultimate Psy-OP.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

How many
People ever have a new idea

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

I think it is largely the misogynous control by a patriarchal society intent on keeping women in their place.

Not just women. Men have been reduced to complete dependence by the patriarchal hierarchy using women as tools to emasculate the males. Competition has replaced cooperation and it has weakened us all.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by DPrice

How many
People ever have a new idea

It would seem that the concept of an All Seeing Deity will be technologically replaced by Informational Transparency (roughly translated as the eventual loss of any form of privacy). In other words you wont be able to do anything that anyone cannot know or find out about. The enforcement of artificial and illusory boundaries will slowly be dismantled - there will be no more exaltation of self; all are one. Resistance to this progression is futile, you will be assimilated.
edit on 24-2-2014 by agnisvaha because: diction

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The Book Tradition bans idolatry, projection into abstract image. Dogmatic faith to my mind begins with Roman Catholicism, an anti-Book jyhad at its inception.

faith - love motivating belief, honesty about uncertainty.

Genesis 3:6, the Fall, two verses of Knowledge, Daath on the Tree of Life (pride feeding on surety as familiarity/confidence, assuredness, about the neck), foreshadow wisdom of good and evil causing the fall. Wisdom and Understanding transcend Daath when Tiphareth is liberated from its influence.

I often see faith used as a control device in the sense love biases opinion and enslaves a % of one's selfless momentum.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

frazzle

Golden Rule
Faith and belief are not the same bird.....Belief leads to the known, faith to the unknown where the believer is lost.

Belief leads to religion, faith leads to religiousness.

Well said.

.... I'm not all that sure about belief leading to the known; accepted by society as a whole maybe, but more so I think belief hampers one's ability to know because dogma has taken over...

Hi frazzle. I was thinking more along the lines of a religious context of belief, where one's belief is drawn from the experience of the past (the known) and projected into the future. The after death experience is then conditioned by the imagination (drawn from the past) and the experience is just dream stuff which appears real in the astral dimension. But soon that bubble will burst like all dreams.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah this really doesn't work.

Faith is the wrong word. Religion would have been better. But then again, that topics been on going forever.

It'll never end.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Without faith the religion concept wouldn't work. It's the keystone. If religion were based on evidence instead of faith....

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Although the 2 are linked, Faith can and often does stand alone.

Faith does not = Religion.

Religion is not faith. It just requires it.

I have met many people who are not a member of any religion but have faith in "something" or some sort.

And religion not being based on evidence.. means what? I don't get what you're implying.
edit on 26-2-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I agree. Faith can be in a Spouse or child. Religion requires faith but faith doesn't require religion.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Ancient Egyptian papyri discovered at Luther College
Rare early Christian document among the finds

www.decorahnewspapers.com...
archaeology.org...

Emperor Decius

Upon finding the documents, Anderson contacted the Luther Classics Department faculty, who examined the papyri and in turn contacted the Papyrus Collection staff at the University of Michigan, one of the leading centers of papyrus study in the world, for help in identifying and analyzing the discoveries.

Several are accounting documents, but papyrologist Graham Claytor immediately identified one as a libellus dating from the first great Roman persecution of Christians beginning under Emperor Decius in the year 250.

Decius issued a decree that year ordering all inhabitants of the empire to offer a sacrifice to the gods as a show of loyalty. A libellus was a document given to a Roman citizen to confirm the performance of such a sacrifice. Christians were forbidden by their beliefs from performing these sacrifices and were thus subject to arrest, torture and execution for refusing to obey the emperor's decree. Pope Fabian was among those who refused to sacrifice and was subsequently killed by the Roman authorities.

The Luther College libellus bears the name of Aurelius Ammon, a servant of the well-attested Aurelius Appianus, a leading citizen of Alexandria, Egypt. It declares that Aurelius Ammon has sacrificed "in accordance with the orders" of the emperor.

The papyrus was probably part of a collection made in ancient times from the village of Theadelphia in Egypt's Fayum region. Only a few of these rare documents have been uncovered, and they are currently housed in research libraries in Hamburg, Berlin, Manchester, Florence and the University of Michigan. Now Decorah joins the list.

edit on 032828p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

ArtemisE

I agree. Faith can be in a Spouse or child. Religion requires faith but faith doesn't require religion.

I like people who i can reach agreements with

Nice discussion going on here anyway, so nice one.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The problem I have with faith is it is used to direct attention outward, like the answer is out there. I don't think so. The answer is in here, being, Self. One teacher said we live in the first floor of a house, not realizing there's a second floor. There is a second floor to discover.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrLucky

I dislike it because of the crutch like effect....and the whole believing in something against all odds and reason.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yep, this is just mewing by a person who may just be crying out for help in an unmerciful bitter world.

Faith and love are what keep marriages from crumbling.

Faith alone can keep a family together in tough times.

Faith has a lot of very valuable properties that you might be missing out on after all, hmm?

Faith can even deliver you from an evil person, or something worse.

The only way to discover just how powerful faith can really be is by allowing yourself to have some.

Or will having faith instantly turn you into a overzealous freak murderer who loses all self control and cant think anymore or make rational decisions? Some, many people are thinking this, but those that think this are being rational?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join