It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT raid for CC Fraud Warrant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Video -> whotv.com...

Watch this video, taken from a police raid in Des Moines, Iowa. Send it to some people. When critics (like me) warn about the dangers of police militarization, this is what we’re talking about. You’ll see the raid team, dressed in battle-dress uniforms, helmets and face-covering balaclava hoods take down the family’s door with a battering ram. You’ll see them storm the home with ballistics shields, guns at the ready. More troubling still, you’ll see not one but two officers attempt to prevent the family from having an independent record of the raid, one by destroying a surveillance camera, another by blocking another camera’s lens.

Full Article

As a CCW permit holder this kind of thing scares the crap out of me; I can accept that because of my permit I might have to take someones life some day, that I will face a court who likely wants to put me in a box for protecting myself and I can accept that a family will attempt to financially destroy me for protecting myself in civil court after all the others have had their turn but its this is by far the most disturbing thing to face. To know that just exercising my right to protect myself by having a valid CCW permit I can invite a police raid where they destroy my property, inhibit my ability to have unbiased documentation of the encounter and then feel justified in their actions after-the-fact. This smacks of a department who as a whole views citizens as unfit to protect themselves (but they sure don't have to protect us either) that wants to do their part to encourage citizens not to exercise their rights, just like various other locations have done with extraneous permit processes, wait times and fees.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Welcome to Gestapo World USA...............

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I can't imagine living my life like one of those "civil servants".

Training to protect my self from the absolute worst case scenario every day of my life.

What a worrisome bother.

(insert sound of marching boots)

Link

edit on 23-2-2014 by intrptr because: link

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I'm glad they didn't shoot the dog! At one point, you can see one of the swat team members patting it on the head! Thank goodness for small acts of kindness..............

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I believe i already read this on ATS, could be mistaken.

But yes, a total joke and abuse of power.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Hrmmm... I think we should look into this a little more in depth.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The raid was apparently for suspected credit card fraud.

So someone in the house was committing fraud. Luckily enough no one got hurt.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I thought so many outside surveillance cameras were because they lived in a high crime area, so I checked, and Ankney has a very low crime rate.
The inside of the home, including the basement, was well covered for surveillance also. That seems unusual, to me.
The only time we use indoor surveillance is when we are gone for more than one day. I would hate to feel the need for 24/7 indoor surveillance in my own home.....

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

So someone in the house was committing fraud. Luckily enough no one got hurt.

so knock on the door and talk to someone.... You don't go busting into a house for credit card fraud

I did look deeper into it and they did not knock or even get what they were there for

They did arrest two houseguests of the family on what the news report says were unrelated charges, one for a probation violation and one for possession of illegal drugs.

And what is with the ripping out of the camera's? Since when does that happen
edit on rdSun, 23 Feb 2014 14:15:23 -0600America/Chicago220142380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Helig

Video -> whotv.com...

Watch this video, taken from a police raid in Des Moines, Iowa. Send it to some people. When critics (like me) warn about the dangers of police militarization, this is what we’re talking about. You’ll see the raid team, dressed in battle-dress uniforms, helmets and face-covering balaclava hoods take down the family’s door with a battering ram. You’ll see them storm the home with ballistics shields, guns at the ready. More troubling still, you’ll see not one but two officers attempt to prevent the family from having an indchin it. ent record of the raid, one by destroying a surveillance camera, another by blocking another camera’s lens.

Full Article

Thanks for posting this. gave you a star, for the Op and for that kick-A$$ avatar. couldn't stop watching it. Whe they send a swat team to take down a guy using a air rifle for target practice, kinda tells ya were the cops heads are at these days. but, what are you gonna do? as citizens, the taliban drive around in cars that say "to protect and serve" as in serve your head up on a platter!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by Helig

I'm glad they didn't shoot the dog! At one point, you can see one of the swat team members patting it on the head! Thank goodness for small acts of kindness..............

I bet if the dog so much as curled its lip the nice policeman would have shot it in the head.
edit on CSTMonam1661 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Well, at least the video shows one "nice policeman" patting the dog on the head, which was a calming and reassuring action, instead of kicking the dog aside. That small touching action just may have saved that dog's life.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Talk about overkill. A full metal jacket SWAT raid over freaking credit card fraud? What, did they think the suspects were going to give the cops paper cuts?

The ACLU and other orgs really need to step up to the plate. Cops are getting out of control, and this B.S. is fascist.

top topics

join