reply to post by Night Star
everyone of european decent is from king Charlemagne technically.
my line goes all the way back to Charlemagne too. from what i gather the line split fairly fast after charlemagne and more "Favorable" lines held
strong through king henry i-iii and so on. my line splits off a couple generations after king henry the first and from the looks of it, spent some
time abroad but once the line returns to europe around 1400ish it was about as tight with royalty as it could of been without actually wearing the
crown. i dont know if my line is of the "favorable" ones after Charlemagne but it certainly doesn't seem to be one of the winning lines.
where does your line split after Charlemagne?
heres the line back to about 300-400ish til king henry the first.
King Henry the First was the son of--
1. William the Conquerer, King of England r. 1066-1087. He was the son of
2. Robert I, Duke of Normandy. He was the son of
3. Judith of Brittany & Richard the Good, Duke of Normandy. Judith was a daughter of
4. Ermengarde of Anjou & Conan I, Duke of Brittany. She was a daughter of
5. Adelaide De Vermandois & Geoffrey I, Count of Anjou. She was the daughter of
6. Robert, Count of Troyes and Meaux, who was the son of
7. Herbert II, Count De Vermandois & Liegarde. He was the son of
8. Herbert I, Count De Vermandois & Bertha. He was the son of
9. Pepin, Count of Senlis, who was the son of
10. Bernard, King of Italy, the son of
11. Pepin, King of Italy, the son of
12. Charlemagne, HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR; he was the son of
13. Pepin the Short, King of the Franks, the son of
14. Charles Martel, Victor of the Battle of Tours, the son of
15. Pepin of Heristal, Mayor of the Palace in Austrasia, the son of
16. St. Begga & Duke Ansgise, Mayor of the Palace to Siegbert. She was the daughter of
17. Itta & Pepin of Landen, Mayor of the Palace in Austrasia. She was the daughter of
18. Arnoldus, Bishop of Metz, who was the son of
19. Ansbertus, Gallo-Roman Senator & Blithilde. Ansbertus was the son of
20. Tonantius, who was the son of
21. Tonantius Ferreolus, friend and relative of Sidonius Apollinaris, at Rome 469 A.D. He was the son of
22. ______ Syagrius who married Ferreolus. She was the daughter of
23. Afranius Syagrius, who was a Gallo-Roman Consul, 381 A.D.