It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pin me down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ephesians 6:12

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Some seem to turn reality against ourselves by defending physically these powers of this dark world, or these spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Or have some been refused the Church of Christ?

In this world, it all comes down to Ephesians 6;12 if you ask me. That's reality, those are our daily lives. Those who act like these forces online will pay for what they served.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

oktopus

Some seem to turn reality against ourselves by defending physically these powers of this dark world, or these spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Or am I referring to the Lawless men when I say this?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

It distinctly says, it is not flesh and blood we wrestle against, so it's not lawless men who is the subject in reference.

I think it is saying it is the angels' will we are fighting against. The angels are sort of puppeteering people in high places with their will / spirit.

Principalities, Powers, and Rulers are sort of like "job types" for angels. Their "job type" is what their spirit / will is designated / created to do.

Edit: Do you understand? You seem to be trying to do the very opposite of what the verse is saying.
edit on 2/23/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
On this verse, Ephesians 6:12,
It seems it is talking about the primeval nature of things, cosmically, that are detrimental to human life.
Before there was even a universe or gods, there was something and that something that isn't even hardly a person, made the fundamental bulk of the material universe and a set of physical laws that governed how they functioned basically.
It's really awful and there isn't anything a person can do about it, really, other than to recognize that you have to order your life to make accommodations for these things that are immovable obstacles.

So, it isn't "rulers and authorities", it's the "first things and the governing principals of the universe" that God has to constantly work with, using the forces at His disposal.
Those things that God needs to deal with the universe, we need, too, to deal with our everyday life in this world, if we are not going to get rolled over by it.

go to my blog page for this verse to see the Greek translation and listen to the audio of the Greek being read.
readingthebibleingreek.blog.com...

edit on 24-2-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join