It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krazy Kalifornia water politics. Selling H2O to China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
According to this BBC report, www.bbc.co.uk...
"While historic storms have battered much of the US, California is suffering its worst drought on record and the unusual weather patterns have brought water shortages to America's most valuable farming state. But the availability of water is uneven - while most have little, a few farmers have a lot. They are using it to grow hay - or alfalfa - and exporting some of it to China thanks to a quirk in the global economy. Critics say it is like exporting hundreds of billions of gallons of California's water every year. "
The farmers are complaining that a select group of growers in the Paradise Valley, are getting government allocations of water diverted from the American canal aqueduct. Kalifornia residents pay for this H2O in taxes.
According to the California Department of Food & Agriculture," The state produces nearly half of US-grown fruits, nuts and vegetables. Across the nation, US consumers regularly purchase several crops produced solely in California."
www.cdfa.ca.gov...
So while the rest of America's prime agricultural land dries up, Pelosie, Feinstein, Boxer, and the rest of Kalifornia liberals, are passing your food plate to the Chinese. Sheh sheh round eye.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

What the heck??

Can't China desalinize its own water?? They make everything, for God's sake. I'm sure they made a desalinized or two!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

swanne

What the heck??

Can't China desalinize its own water?? They make everything, for God's sake. I'm sure they made a desalinized or two!

I'm sure they can, however, this is an opportunity to pilfer resources from Amerika via Kalifornia.
Thank you for your reply.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
"Not only do they fiddle while Rome burns, they will help burn it." Quote from Col. Tom Beardon.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
as per the article...they are selling hay and alfalfa to china, not water. a lot of the food products grown, are also under various contracts to be exported to many different countries. the problem is lack of rain, not California liberals. many large swatches of farmable land have been ordered to not receive any irrigation water.
edit on 23-2-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

jimmyx
as per the article...they are selling hay and alfalfa to china, not water. a lot of the food products grown, are also under various contracts to be exported to many different countries. the problem is lack of rain, not California liberals. many large swatches of farmable(sic) land have been ordered to not receive any irrigation water.
edit on 23-2-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

SIGH
Liberal thinking has caused cities in KKalifornia go bankrupt, liberal thinking has prevented farm land irrigation to protect a Delta Smelt, liberal thinking is preventing hunters to feed their families in California by making certain ammo unavailable.
Liberal thinking in Kalifornia has stopped it's citizens from enjoying life.
Liberal thinking is going to have you thinking, when there is limited, or no food on your plate.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

swanne

What the heck??

I know that they have two desalination plants and want to build nine more. But they are extremely expensive to build and run. China is also having water problems, much of which is their own doing through pollution.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

What about the water it takes to grow the hay and alfalfa, should that water be used to produce product for a country other then America when there is a problem right here in America

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Corporations raping the commons, stealing the natural resources of nation after nation, the outright theft of the property of the people.....BASTARDS!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

TDawgRex

swanne

What the heck??

I know that they have two desalination plants and want to build nine more. But they are extremely expensive to build and run. China is also having water problems, much of which is their own doing through pollution.

Expensive yes, and with the crops grown in Kalifornia, Chinese workers are going to build them.
Chinese workers are also building some of Kalifornias largest bridges, thanks to liberal thinking.
Thank you for your contribution.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok really what the hell ?

Between Desalinization plants, and atmospheric water generators (China) makes lots of those by the way.

There is absolutely no reason to 'export' water, or water shortages.

NONE what so ever.
edit on 23-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Its alfalfa they are exporting NOT WATER

''They are using it to grow hay - or alfalfa - and exporting some of it to China thanks to a quirk in the global economy. ''

Some of the ALfalfa not water.

''Critics say it is like exporting hundreds of billions of gallons of California's water every year. ''

The emphasis on LIKE. If they were exporting water LIKE would not be in the equation.

The video in OP link confirms all I am saying by the way.
edit on 28pm44pmSun, 23 Feb 2014 16:11:36 -060028 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Not about California water but about selling our fresh water to China and others from the Great lakes. Great lake holds 21% of the known fresh water (I think that is correct?)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

727Sky
Not about California water but about selling our fresh water to China and others from the Great lakes. Great lake holds 21% of the known fresh water (I think that is correct?)

Thank you.
I had no idea, and it's outrageous!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Taggart
Its alfalfa they are exporting NOT WATER

''They are using it to grow hay - or alfalfa - and exporting some of it to China thanks to a quirk in the global economy. ''

Some of the ALfalfa not water.

''Critics say it is like exporting hundreds of billions of gallons of California's water every year. ''

The emphasis on LIKE. If they were exporting water LIKE would not be in the equation.

The video in OP link confirms all I am saying by the way.
edit on 28pm44pmSun, 23 Feb 2014 16:11:36 -060028 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

I'm glad that you can read the highlighted, in yellow text.
But then, obviously, many others can too.
Wherever that your from, I hope your countries administration will think with their heads and not their wallets.
Besides the high lighted text, there are facts about the water being diverted from farmers that are trying to feed America.
Perhaps you would like to finish reading all of my OP.
For you ease, I copied and pasted it here, in yellow.
Regards.

According to this BBC report, www.bbc.co.uk...
"While historic storms have battered much of the US, California is suffering its worst drought on record and the unusual weather patterns have brought water shortages to America's most valuable farming state. But the availability of water is uneven - while most have little, a few farmers have a lot. They are using it to grow hay - or alfalfa - and exporting some of it to China thanks to a quirk in the global economy. Critics say it is like exporting hundreds of billions of gallons of California's water every year. "
The farmers are complaining that a select group of growers in the Paradise Valley, are getting government allocations of water diverted from the American canal aqueduct. Kalifornia residents pay for this H2O in taxes.
According to the California Department of Food & Agriculture," The state produces nearly half of US-grown fruits, nuts and vegetables. Across the nation, US consumers regularly purchase several crops produced solely in California."
www.cdfa.ca.gov...
So while the rest of America's prime agricultural land dries up, Pelosie, Feinstein, Boxer, and the rest of Kalifornia liberals, are passing your food plate to the Chinese. Sheh sheh round eye.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I was replying to the person who posted above me. They said there is no reason to export H2O.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Where was the Alfalfa grown. Was it in far northern Ca.? If so this makes a huge difference. Certain counties Northern California has fought hard to maintain the rights over their own water. They are also fighting to break free of the rest of the state. There aren't as hard hit by the drought as the rest of the state.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

calstorm
Where was the Alfalfa grown. Was it in far northern Ca.? If so this makes a huge difference. Certain counties Northern California has fought hard to maintain the rights over their own water. They are also fighting to break free of the rest of the state. There aren't as hard hit by the drought as the rest of the state.

Now they are having mud slides. Go figure.

new topics

top topics

join