It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civility/Lack of Civility; Doing Unto Others; Reaping What One Has Sown;

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yeah, society has done a number on and through men on men and on itself.

I'm not convinced that men are the dominating sex in a lot of contexts. Certainly the Chinese Empress Dowager and her tyrannical psychological kin have been extremely manipulative of the men around them in all cultures and eras.

However, granted, the globalist tyrants working for 400+ years toward the tyrannical male dominated PRISON PLANET have mangled women and men and families wholesale.

They have left them with no time or energy to devote to the HIGHER PRIORITIES of marriage, family, children. And they have seduced one and all into worshiping at the gods of materialism and slaving tirelessly thereto. And ATTACHMENT DISORDER has become epidemic just as they designed it to. They knew from extensive research more than 45 years ago exactly what contributed to a stable, healthy, nurturing, productive society.

And they set about establishing just the opposite on a number of fronts in and through all the main institutions. They succeeded massively. As the verse declares . . . those who sow to the wind shall reap the whirlwind. And so they shall. Sadly . . . so shall a lot of "collateral damage" . . . and they shall reap far worse than uncivility, sadly.

Thanks for your thoughtful replies.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Somehow, I'm failing to wrap my mind around the edifying, constructive contribution of your post.

Perhaps you could put it in different wording and I could grasp it.

OK.... This is silly.

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand.
edit on 8/3/14 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

OK.

Maybe I can play too . . . though I have no idea how your sayings are relating to the thread . . .

WET BIRDS FLY AT NIGHT.

[from my Dissertation chairman's research for his Dissertation]

imho . . . communication is at least as important as civility.

Without communication, one is merely talking to the image in one's mirror.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

I noticed that. lol

Pot kettle anyone?.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Cygnis
Nice post OP,

Those words seem to not have meaning to many people these days. It seems the idea now is to force opinion, instead of fact, as fact, as forcefully as possible.

Sad days indeed, that people must feel offended at a conversation or debate.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

When in doubt: "If you can't say something nice, best to not say anything at all. "

Sadly, many people associate their own emotions with what they read. Rather than looking at it as a monotone dialogue from the other person. Unless people state their "tone", and I'm not sure where people get this idea, text conversations are emotionless, even IF the poster is indeed, in an emotional state. (Thus, this entire post of mine should be read with a clinical flat tone, think "Analytical Spock").

/Hat tip

edit on 2014-02-23T06:01:17-06:0014620117 by Cygnis because: added some stuff

I would have to agree with you here that reading the 'tone' of the person should be determined first, because if someone is seeking empathy, yay sayers, or social attention, then that will be the underlying intention of the discussion, and one can then, perhaps, abandon participating in a fact-finding analytical Spock-like discussion. There is nothing so sad as trying to discuss an interesting topic from another perspective, not necessarily from an emotional place but a place of personal experience and/or education, and finding out too late that the author is unable or unwilling to accept any other point of view.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join