It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goat Vs Sheep

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

graphuto
reply to post by Akragon

Sure, but aren't we talking about Religion, Faith, and Theology?
edit on 23-2-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

I thought we were commenting on a nifty video...

IF atheism can be called a religion why can't politics?

edit on 23-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Come now, if you just wanted to comment on a nifty video, you'd have posted in General Chit Chat

I don't know if the world has decided yet whether or not atheism is a religion. A lot atheists insist that it isn't, and a lot of theists insist that it is! Who knows!?

I do enjoy the discussion thus far, but again, unless taken in a different direction at this point, I can't get much deeper without quoting and referencing scripture.

edit on 23-2-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
There is nothing special about the way they behave. Is there a point you wanted to make here, Akragon?
edit on 23-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by graphuto

The sheep needs no freedom, simply trust in his shephard.

Isn't that the creed of government?

It is, particularly those that are paternalistic and tyrannical.

I'd have to ask what would motivate someone to put absolute trust and faith in a body composed of flawed and imperfect human beings.

You can argue about the folly of putting faith in a being who may or may not exist and may or may not be perfect, but I know it would be and is a folly to do what I described above. History has proven it over and over again.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I watched the video and couldn't help but feel sorry for the goat. That sheep would just keep annoying him. I had notice that the whole pasture actually has an electric rope fence keeping the sheep in. I can only assume the goat is tied, since he could jump over it and the sheep can't. Very interesting...looking forward to reading others posts too.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

ketsuko

Akragon

The sheep needs no freedom, simply trust in his shephard.

Isn't that the creed of government?

It is, particularly those that are paternalistic and tyrannical.

I'd have to ask what would motivate someone to put absolute trust and faith in a body composed of flawed and imperfect human beings.

You can argue about the folly of putting faith in a being who may or may not exist and may or may not be perfect, but I know it would be and is a folly to do what I described above. History has proven it over and over again.

Its a pretty sad reality when you trust Santa Claus more than you trust your own species. You know what history has proven? Religion is no different from food, territory, or mates. It is one more reason to kill someone who has a little more than you do, because you're afraid they pose a challenge. Its interesting that humans aren't trustworthy enough to put your faith in, but they are trustworthy enough to sacrifice in a spiritual war that was never necessary. Somehow, it strikes me as a relationship born of vanity and desperation.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What I see is a sheep who thinks it is free but is controlled by a nearby shepherd (who is spying on them, by the way). I see a goat who has been tied up by that same shepherd the sheep follows willingly.

The goat understands freedom but no longer has it because of the sheep's master and sheep seems oblivious to this. The goat, showing restraint and not using anything close to full-force, is gently trying to snap the sheep out of it but the sheep is far too brainwashed.

If this were the Matrix, the sheep would be pre-Neo Keanu and the goat would be Trinity at the beginning of the film.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

The sheep is the blue pill and the goat is the red pill.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think both animals just wanna have fun! They're just trying to play, under restricted circumstances.

Anyway, HAD to include this one!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I see a sheep trying to proselytize a goat that wants nothing of it, he tries to gently say no but the sheep will have nothing of it and keeps on bothering him.

Since this is the RFT section, that's what immediately came to mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
There is nothing special about the way they behave. Is there a point you wanted to make here, Akragon?

I like goats and sheep?

LMAO!!!

Its our nature to analyse the crap out of everything... I wanted to see where the goat and sheep might take this discussion...

There are deep religious implications.... OR... Perhaps there are none at all...

There is really no right or wrong answer... and since this is the religious section Everyone is free to say what they will, quote what they will... imply what they will...

OR

Just watch two beings go at each other... but which beings am I referring to?

Is it the goat and the sheep, or the beast and the spirit?

Lets just see...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Akragon

Just watch two beings go at each other... but which beings am I referring to?

Is it the goat and the sheep, or the beast and the spirit?

Lets just see...

Oh so you tryin to be all philosiphizer on us huh??

Good thread mate, I got a laugh out of it each time I watched so if nothing else I got that out of it, and laughter is the best medicine IMO

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why does the sheep has to endure the vicinity of a goat?

The goat is an atheist on a forum called religion, faith, theology. I think the shepard died.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

oktopus
Why does the sheep has to endure the vicinity of a goat?

The goat is an atheist on a forum called religion, faith, theology. I think the shepard died.

Not according to the OP, although I'm sure he will be interested to see your conclusion. Thanks, by the way! Quite a compliment being compared to the animal responsible for rooting out that nasty old troll under the bridge. Not to mention that my cheese has developed into a major market over the years. Not ba-a-a-ad, eh?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I don't know if the world has decided yet whether or not atheism is a religion. A lot atheists insist that it isn't, and a lot of theists insist that it is! Who knows!?

Depends on how religion is defined of course

If it's so loose as to include atheism as religion then the lack of belief in the Spaghetti Monster is a religion as well. Lack of belief in Unicorns is a religion. Lack of belief in fire golems living in the Sun is a religion.
edit on 23-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

There is a difference; the Goat obviously has been given 'freewill'. It goes where it likes (sometimes winding up on ones car hood) invites itself into ones living room unannounced and will/can eat just about anything, a favorite? Ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise packets from fast food emporiums (plastic and all). I am fairly certain the 'bahh' is different as well, more of a questioning nature than the sheeps general discontented 'bahh' (whens the shearing when is the taking and slaughter of my lambs); also, jennies can fake a false pregnacy/birth, lacktating without ever being milked (sympathy garnering).
edit on 23-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Why does the sheep keep bothering the goat? Seems to me like the goat is trying to mind his own business whereas the sheep is invading the goats space. Not much place for the goat to go when it's tied to a stake.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I see a sheep walking up to a goat bothering it. The goat walks away but the sheep keeps going up to it. The goat is tied up against its will while it watches the sheep has just a little bit more freedom to move around. Both of those animals are in a place against their will where they are being controlled (restrained). The sheep will probably be eaten while the goat continues to be used for milk.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The goat only does what it is made for: bumping heads. (lol)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

oktopus
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The goat only does what it is made for: bumping heads. (lol)

And rocking the boat (or whatever)! LOL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join