It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airforce reveals 'Neighborhood watch program'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Remember If they talk about doing something public you can be sure
They have 1 or 2 already their 10 to 20 year ago this public disclosure is
to add a few more and make it official LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Trillium
Remember If they talk about doing something public you can be sure
They have 1 or 2 already their 10 to 20 year ago this public disclosure is
to add a few more and make it official LOL

Agreed! And a good point. The general public is always 20 yrs behind.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

It's actually much closer than people think in most cases. The military is ahead but in most cases only about 5-7 years at most.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

lostbook

Yeah, something's up...pun intended. It doesn't make sense when we already have spy satellites in orbit. I wonder if this has anything to do with the infusion of the private sector into the Space game..? I think TPTB have been hiding things up there and now the cover is about to be blown, so they have to scramble to protect their secrets. It's just a hunch tho.

Yes and no. "Spy satellites" have to be designed for their task. If they're looking down in optical to Earth surface in daylight, that's what they do, and they don't do other stuff.

Right now TPTB are worried about detecting and thwarting small unauthorized parasite satellites which saddle up to expensive space assets in order to extract or exfiltrate data (in peacetime) or potentially disrupt or destroy in conflict.

Or finding the ones in orbits which may do this in the future.

edit on 24-2-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Of course they're hiding stuff up there. I saw what I thought to be a satellite pull a 90-degree turn on a dime. I don't know of any current technology that could pull off a maneuver like that, especially traveling at orbital speeds.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

mbkennel

lostbook

Yeah, something's up...pun intended. It doesn't make sense when we already have spy satellites in orbit. I wonder if this has anything to do with the infusion of the private sector into the Space game..? I think TPTB have been hiding things up there and now the cover is about to be blown, so they have to scramble to protect their secrets. It's just a hunch tho.

Yes and no. "Spy satellites" have to be designed for their task. If they're looking down in optical to Earth surface in daylight, that's what they do, and they don't do other stuff.

Right now TPTB are worried about detecting and thwarting small unauthorized parasite satellites which saddle up to expensive space assets in order to extract or exfiltrate data (in peacetime) or potentially disrupt or destroy in conflict.

Or finding the ones in orbits which may do this in the future.

Parasite satellites? Wow! I'd never heard of that. I wonder what other stuff is happening right over our heads?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

lostbook
Parasite satellites? Wow! I'd never heard of that. I wonder what other stuff is happening right over our heads?

We prefer to call it...adversarial maintenance. Actually, we've been working on it for more than 7 years...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join