It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hello!

I am new to the community here at ATS and a mod suggested I start an introduction thread so the community can get to know me better, and what I am looking for here. So... here it is!

I signed up today (Feb. 22nd, 2014) and only have been reading these forums for a few months. I do not always agree with what people have to post. I surely don't expect everyone to agree with my assertions either. What I like about this community is that I always find that posters here have freedom to post whatever they desire. This liberty is something that is needed in a world that is becoming more restrictive of free thought and expression.

The primary draw I have to ATS is that my friends and family get sick of me ruminating about how things are in the world. They don't want to hear about the state of certain things, and in ways I don't blame them. Ignorance is bliss, and when you are forced to face ugly truths it sometimes causes an uncomfortable paradigm shift. I've tried starting my own blogs (to spare loved ones from my unwarranted observations), though the blogs never got much traction. I never felt that my thoughts and observations were considered on any sort of critical thinking level.

I have a lot of beliefs and opinions that fringes on conspiracy. The prominent one is that I believe in a 'shadow government' / 'Illuminati' influence over our world today - however I am not certain how prevalent, deep, intentional, or cohesive the individuals who are in it are with one another. Sometimes I look at certain things and think there's no way it could be coincidence, and other things I think are people opportunists taking circumstances in long strings of past exploitations without any real guiding instigation of the events.

My interests are varied and vast, from genetically modified food, civil rights, group-think, government plots, the paranormal, spirituality, science, technology, politics, and the list goes on and on. I am currently in university on a path to obtain a Psy.D - which rings to my foremost personal passion - psychology. I love researching theory, people, and their behaviors. I have so many observations I hope to share with all of you (and probably a lot of opinion that you've heard before - but I'm new so please bear with me!) Finally the most important question I think anyone can ask is "Why?". Not saying the other questions are unimportant, surely they help our understanding, but 'why' is the foremost important question someone can ask.

Thank you so much for having me in your community! I look forward to meeting you.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Welcome to the looney bin. You'll fit in nicely.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KaDeCo

Welcome to ATS KaDeCo and have a flag on me.

If you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, you won't have to look at all those annoying ads anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KaDeCo

You're gonna fit in just great!

Wonderful introduction.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hello KaDeCo!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Go Forth and Enjoy Yourself!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KaDeCo

Hello! Nice to meet you! And looking forward to your threads already!

B x

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Failte
Thats Irish for welcome
Welcome to your new addiction....

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ya-ta-hey
just another greeting vocalization

ru stacking PMs along with water/foods/meds/ammo/alcohol... you only have another 14-16 months on the outside to do so

become intentional

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

What do you mean by 14-16 months? Economic collapse, civil unrest? Nuclear? Regime change? Where do you feel this will happen? How long would you recommending 'prepping' for? A year, two years, seven years? I ask because I tend to agree that there's a general 'feeling' that something is going to happen and something big. I'd love your take on it.

I live in an area that I am fairly convinced would collapse utterly if there were civil or economic unrest. I don't think there's enough ammo available to stave off something bad if it were to happen. I believe if something big were to happen either this area would be obliterated outright, or that the unrest would pour over and make any overt preparation more reason for people to target me and my family.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
ALSO!

Thank you all so much for the kind and warm welcome. I appreciate such a warm reception. I really look forward to leaving my own mark of crazy here.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KaDeCo

Great intro !!

Welcome to ATS !

Tin foil hats are free. Have fun & enjoy !!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well im new to. So I will say welcome to break the ice!!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

Belated welcome to ATS.

Having read your rant earlier this evening and finding enough substance to inquire further, I found your intro..

If you are still interested in psychology here is a member who rather consistently offers his in depth understanding of our current human predicament.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join